Author Topic: ford corsair 2.4 cluster with tacho to u12 pintara 2.0 without tacho hiinstall  (Read 8781 times)

Offline lukey

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
hi all, got a cluster from a 2.4 corsair with a tacho and i need to install it into my girlfriends pintara which is a 2.0 without a tacho as the odometer isnt working on her one. I've followed a few links to these forums off of google but cant seem to find exactly what I need to do. I've downloaded the UA corsair manual.

I read a couple of things about running a wire from pin 18 or 19 of the ecu/ecm to the empty spot in one of the the plugs for the cluster. Where abouts to I find the ecu/ecm plugs? And where in the manual can i find the plug info to find which pin i need to use? and for the cluster? Just wanting to make sure if this is right or not? Or am Im heading completely in the wrong direction?

I'll just be puting it in for the time being so the odometer is working so she can claim kms for work.

Thanks all.
« Last Edit: May 7, 2013, 08:26PM by lukey »

Offline Patt93

• antrx.com junior member
If the problem is your odometer and trip meter not clicking over its a fairly simple fix, its just a small cog in the odometer that breaks, ive had 2 bust on me. and they are around $20 on ebay or you can pull the one out of the cluster you currently have.

http://www.antrx.com/smf/index.php/topic,8820.0.html
that topic should help you through your issues.

Offline lukey

ah man, that means i just wasted $55 on a new cluster :(

Offline Patt93

• antrx.com junior member
Not really, thats only if the cog is the problem, pull the broken one apart and check first, and if it's the problem then you just spent $55 on a new cog.

Offline crazy2287

• antrx.com full member
Tachometers are awesome anyway, You should be able to fairly easily hook it up, I'm surprised the wire is not already in the loom....
I drive like i screw..... illegally =D... wait O.o WHAT?? O.O

Offline lukey

i would ultimately like the cluster with the tacho in it. Ive looked at a few threads about installing them and need a new wire or something from ecm to cluster but i cant find the info i need or pics

Offline crazy2287

• antrx.com full member
tacho output pin is not stipulated in the FSM?

Offline lukey

i havent had a real good look.

anyway, just pulled the old cluster out and put the new one in, odometer works yay. fuel guage still works, temp guage still works. tacho doesnt, obviously. now the fuel low light and the brake light flash on occasions, as does the battery charge light (has done for a while), so there is obviously a poor wiring connection to them or something along those lines.

will research more about getting the tacho to work, but in all honesty it probably doesnt matter to much as once we eventually get another car for her this will more than likely go to the wreckers.

Offline Dragon

• What do they call a mini pringle!?!
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • antrx.com full member
now the fuel low light and the brake light flash on occasions, as does the battery charge light (has done for a while), so there is obviously a poor wiring connection to them or something along those lines.

the battery light and the brake light flashing on and off indicate that your alternator is on its way out. most likely the brushes are almost warn out.
"Noss is GOD"

Offline lukey

i just put another alternator in from the wreckers a month or so ago haha. i kept the old one and have replaced the brushes in it, so ill wait til the battery light is coming on my constant, it only flickers atm.

also another question, timing belts on these, very hard to do?

as i think it hasnt been done since 2001 lol

Offline crazy2287

• antrx.com full member
if its a ka24 it's a chain mate.

You can replace the chain only with engine in from the top. By removing a link, linking in the new chain and feed in the new chain in by rotating the crank while pulling the old chain out. Gotta be switched on to get this though, Take your time. If you slip it can skip a tooth quicker than you can see what's going on, the result could be pretty serious and expensive.

I recommend getting an entire Kit though and pulling the engine out. Replace both upper and lower gears, chain, stationary and moveable chain guides.