Author Topic: Starting problems  (Read 1862 times)

Offline Rob

• antrx.com pre-pewbie newbie
Starting problems
« on: Oct 16, 2012, 07:20AM »
Hi, all.  I've just bought a 1994 Bluebird for my grandson.  Beautiful little car, in very good condition.  The timing chains were a bit noisy, so we changed them, runs sweetly.  A problem has developed, in that the thing fails to start. It will crank, no spark, and it will fail to start for up to 4 hours.  When it decides to start, it runs beautifully, plenty of power, and not a hiccup.  Switch it off, restart, no worries.  Leave it for 15 - 20 minutes, no start till it cools down.  Yesterday I started it at 5.30, no problems, (only ran for 30 secs)  later at 8.00, engine cold, no start, 4 hours later, after checking everything we could get to, it fired up and ran, took it for a 10 k run, tried a restart after 20 minutes of off, no go till it cooled down.  I've read a lot of this forum, so the dizzy has been cleaned (wasn't very dirty) new plugs, air mass sensor cleaned, etc.  BTW, every non start is the same, no spark. Could it be the immobiliser, (do these have one??).

Offline Rob

• antrx.com pre-pewbie newbie
Re: Starting problems
« Reply #1 on: Oct 18, 2012, 11:12AM »
All fixed, found the problem.

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
Re: Starting problems
« Reply #2 on: Oct 18, 2012, 01:33PM »
Dont drive a u13 but interested to know what the fix was? Will also aid people having the same issues later if they search the forums...
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"