Author Topic: U13 Bluebird Attessa  (Read 2128 times)

Offline SR20ME

• antrx.com full member
U13 Bluebird Attessa
« on: Jun 14, 2012, 11:48AM »
Hi guys

I'm seeing a car today for sale which is a U13 Bluebird Attessa. It looks in good nick and have spoken to the owner. The only thing I'm not sure about is that it has around 170,000kms. Given the nature of these cars being attractive for young drivers I reckon it might have had some levels of abuse.

What do I need to look out for that is specific to this model?

Thanks
Troy

Offline SR20ME

• antrx.com full member
Re: U13 Bluebird Attessa
« Reply #1 on: Jun 14, 2012, 09:18PM »
Guys, I purchased the car. Picking it up next week.

It has a few kms but its not leaking oil. Runs pretty well.

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #2 on: Jun 14, 2012, 10:54PM »
Pics mate?
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline SR20ME

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #3 on: Jun 14, 2012, 11:26PM »
Pics mate?

None yet but I'll take some when I get it. Has a few scratches and minor bruises but mechanically it is very good and interior and electrics work well. Some power windows a little slow but otherwise no complaints. Gearbox is not noisy and shifts very smooth.

I don't know what turbo it is running but it has been hiflowed by GCG. They come with a T25. He had to replace the turbo new so I would have picked a T28 but that may require different mounting and exhaust manifold? Goes really well, a little laggy till about 3000rpm and over it kicks in...........hard!

Offline mendezcr

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #4 on: Jun 16, 2012, 10:01AM »
Congrats on your purchase, if you are going to mount the T28 from the GTiR I will say to look for the GTiR manifold, I just install a T28 from a GTiR and indeed will need a different mounting.The easiest way is getting the GTiR manifold or do some modification to your own. 

Offline SR20ME

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #5 on: Jun 16, 2012, 12:26PM »
Congrats on your purchase, if you are going to mount the T28 from the GTiR I will say to look for the GTiR manifold, I just install a T28 from a GTiR and indeed will need a different mounting.The easiest way is getting the GTiR manifold or do some modification to your own. 

Yeah, I think the reason they hi-flowed was it was an easy bolt on.

Now I have too many cars though. I have 4 currently. A VT Commodore that I have been meaning to get ready for sale for the last 6 months (LS1 V8 Executive), a Hyundai Lantra which I use for work (I do about 25,000kms a year in my job), my project pintara and now the bluebird attessa. Like to keep the bluebird for a while and definitely don't want to sell my project car just due to the cost and time I've spent...........especially as the pintara is almost ready to get running again and a tune!

There are some good buys out there at the moment. Heaps of 4wd turbos for under $7,000, new v8's. 15 years ago you'd be dreaming to get the type of powerful performance cars on the market.