Author Topic: Pintara. Help. Sydney. Broken down, need fuel pump.  (Read 2121 times)

Offline crazy2287

• antrx.com full member
Hey guys.

Ka24-e Ford Corsair

Was going to a party in sydney and i got a powersteering leak, the flexable pressure hose permiated and got a weird leak. I fixed it with tape (its only gotta get me to nowra i have 2 wrecked pintaras for replacement parts.) I stopped at a servo at Bondi to get some powersteer fluid, just incase i started using it again but for now i had only lost 100ml and the tape had stemmed the flow to a slow weep.
When i tried to leave the servo the car wouldent start. it would kick over and die. I could not hear the fuel pump running. After a few starts it woudlent kick over, only crank.
With no tools ive decided the most likely thing at fault is the fuel pump.
I ran a tank of e10 through it and i suspect it broke down some shit form in the fuel tank and has caused the pump to fail. I noted the fuel pump fuse is fine and the relay still ticks on ign for 5-10 seconds. but i dont get any noise from the pump. I couldent test for voltage at the pump due to lack of tools but the pump is most likely the fault.

Will try and buy a new one if i have too, but as its 1am im not sure how available the pumps are. So just incase any of you guys can help me out with a second hand pump or direct me to where they may stock them it would be awesome.

I'll check this thread in the morning. IOU favour to anyone who can help sunday morning.
the car is at Bondi.
I drive like i screw..... illegally =D... wait O.o WHAT?? O.O

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
Re: Pintara. Help. Sydney. Broken down, need fuel pump.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 9, 2011, 08:58AM »
Often if the fuel pump is about to die you just give the cover panel a good few thumps with fist or mallet and will start up again.  Doesn't one of you're spare cars have a fuel pump?  I suppose the issue is getting it to the car.
« Last Edit: Oct 9, 2011, 09:00AM by Colby »

Offline crazy2287

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #2 on: Oct 9, 2011, 09:49AM »
Yeah, had no tools and couldent get the access cover off. I got 2 spare on the spare cars but they are a bit of a walk  :P
Got a mate takeing me out there this morning so hopefully ill have some sort of tooling.  But if it comes down to it ill just have to buy a new pump. Seeing if anone in syd was available in case it came to that.

Offline crazy2287

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #3 on: Oct 9, 2011, 05:36PM »
Pulled the fuel pump out and gave the pump itself a whack on the side with the shifter and off it went. Pack in and i was away. So just shuttin this thread down ive recovered the car everthing is good and right in the world

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #4 on: Oct 9, 2011, 11:39PM »
The good old tell it who's boss smack does the trick again.  You can sometimes do it with a boot without taking the access cover off... don't even need to peel back the carpet  ;)