Author Topic: The genius plan ^.^  (Read 2273 times)

Offline mattyj

• antrx.com full member
  • 1991 pintara T
The genius plan ^.^
« on: Sep 21, 2011, 10:09PM »
Ok so I work next door to a mech, as a tyre fitter and need a rwc done, BUT the liquid gasket on my oil sump is a POS, so im gonna degrease the whole engine bay, jack up the front and degrease the sump then PUSH it too the mechanics ;) since it has no plates he cant drive it and wont find the leaks, it only seeps tho

Offline BRUCE-TI

• QLD 5 Year Badge!
  • antrx.com full member
  • my car's just out of frame. To the left.<<<<
Re: The genius plan ^.^
« Reply #1 on: Sep 22, 2011, 04:19PM »
I am pretty sure that they have plates to put on and have to drive it for rego.  But if you are cleaning the engine and do not want to drop the sump.  Clean it up with some Metho arount the sump after the degreasing and you should be able to edge some seal into it and clean it up. Maybe even last for ever. 
'91 Pintara TI Saphire Blue with a unifilter and TSW VX1 Venoms.  Mild but soon to be wild.

"Under steer is where the nose of your car hits the wall and over steer is when the ass end of your car hits the wall. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

Offline mattyj

• antrx.com full member
  • 1991 pintara T
« Reply #2 on: Sep 22, 2011, 06:11PM »
Good news is they didnt find the leak, bad news is my front engine mount is flogged, and my wiper blades are not in good enough condition and apparently my odometer doesnt work :/ is this an easy fix?

Offline Cheezel

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #3 on: Sep 22, 2011, 06:19PM »
Kinda, yes, and very easy but SOOOO time consuming.

I didn't know which part the "easy fix" was referring to, so i answered all of them.

For the odometer, it's a common problem in these cars. It's a tiny cog that drives the odometer - it often breaks. Replace it with a part you can find on ebay, and it'll never break again. To fix it you've gotta pull out the dash cluster. PITA. ::)

Good luck ;D

Offline JAWSTRX!

• antrx.com junkie
  • TRX STYLE!!!
« Reply #4 on: Sep 22, 2011, 06:29PM »
As cheezel said ^^^^
gotta take the dash facia off,The Plastic Surround around the Cluster,Unscrew the cluster,Unplug the cluster,Pop the clear cover off,pop the black cover off,turn the cluster over and unscrew the 2 silver screws in the middle, turn back over and unscrew the tiny little black screws on the Cluster Card then pull out the speedo out of the white body...... u should see a silver looking gear thing with 2 tiny black screws in it... unscrew that then pull out the gear thingy and u should be able to pop the Broken gear (silver and orange gear) off the tiny little shaft on the gear turner thing....
Good Luck Dude..
« Last Edit: Sep 22, 2011, 06:34PM by JAWSTRX! »
TRX 1-FORD FALCON 0

Offline mattyj

• antrx.com full member
  • 1991 pintara T
« Reply #5 on: Sep 22, 2011, 06:53PM »
Wow this sounds like fun :(, the cars at work so I have been doing it all when I get spare time, lucky  have access to every tool available to man lol and trade price discounts, replaced the engine mount today for 40 bucks lol brand new