Author Topic: HNU12 ATTESA * ABS * REMOVAL  (Read 2427 times)

Offline mendezcr

• antrx.com full member
HNU12 ATTESA * ABS * REMOVAL
« on: Sep 17, 2011, 09:31AM »
Does anyone know, If I remove  the ABS system from my car I would have problems with the ATTESA system?... Mine is the first generation of ATTESA system... I think this system doesn't work with the ABS only the U13 and the GTiR pulsar, etc.. But just want to be sure before I do it. Any advice?...

Thxs!

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
Re: HNU12 ATTESA * ABS * REMOVAL
« Reply #1 on: Sep 18, 2011, 02:09PM »
The ATTESA system used in the U12/U13/GTiR and other older nissans is purely mechanical.

It has no electronics like the system used in the R32/33.. etc skylines.

Removing the ABS would do nothing to it.
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline BRUCE-TI

• QLD 5 Year Badge!
  • antrx.com full member
  • my car's just out of frame. To the left.<<<<
« Reply #2 on: Sep 18, 2011, 08:44PM »
I have one with and one without.  So I say all good. Remove it. Mechanical only.
'91 Pintara TI Saphire Blue with a unifilter and TSW VX1 Venoms.  Mild but soon to be wild.

"Under steer is where the nose of your car hits the wall and over steer is when the ass end of your car hits the wall. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

Offline mendezcr

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #3 on: Sep 19, 2011, 12:16PM »
Nice!!! thank you both!!!... I´m going to remove it, today at the track didn´t help  that much!!... If you guys want to see the track in Costa Rica go to google, look for  Autodromo La Guacima Costa Rica so you guys can see the track in here!!...

Offline dozer

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #4 on: Sep 19, 2011, 06:11PM »
have you driven a car hard on the track without the abs? you might be surprised how much it helps, even more so in the wet.... but like you i will be removing my abs at some stage to.

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #5 on: Sep 19, 2011, 09:46PM »
Just pull the fuse.

Well, mine stops working when I remove the fuse and starts working again when its put back in :P
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline mendezcr

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #6 on: Sep 23, 2011, 01:44PM »
Yes... that's exactly what I did!!.. I remove the fuses!!! and it worked great!!!...When you guys told me it was no issue with the attesa I did not think it twice and took the fuses out..Next track day is going to be at the end of next month, I will try to have the car more prepared, my breaks died and when finish it was smoke coming out of the calipers.   :o  .... Been  10 years since  I race in this track, so it has been a while.