Author Topic: Full Body Workout  (Read 5935 times)

Offline MattJohn

• antrx.com senior member
Full Body Workout
« on: Jun 30, 2011, 08:12PM »
Hey,
Not too long ago I was going to gym quite a bit, but then it closed up (went into liquidation) but now looking at joining Jetts (its pretty good value)
Anyway - I had a routine made up by a PT and i found it worked really well, so here it is:

4 sets of 8 (So high weight) - 1min break inbetween sets

1. Dumbell Bench press (flat)
2. One arm row
3. Shoulder Press
4. Reclined seated dumbell curls
5. Cable Pull downs
6. Hanging leg raises
7. 45 degree Leg Press
8. Calve Raises (Calves are a lot harder muscles to work so do 25x4 reps/sets)

As an extra, I did:
9. Leg Press
10. Leg Curl
11. Seated Calve Raises
12. Wide grip chin ups - (By this stage fatigue might be hitting so it could help to use the assisted machine)
13. Dips - (By this stage fatigue might be hitting so it could help to use the assisted machine)

Personally I loved 45 degree Leg Press, i don't really know why (might be because i only weigh 60kg but can lift 240kg - makes you feel manly lol)

All up this took approx 2 hours, not that bad (3 times a week [mon, wed, fri] works with a rest day inbetween)
Anyhoo, hope this helps anyone at the gym  :D

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
Re: Full Body Workout
« Reply #1 on: Jul 4, 2011, 11:57AM »
the only problem i have with jetts is they don't have actual weights written on the machines, not sure if its the same at all jetts, but at mine they're all labled 1, 2, 3, 4 etc up to 15 or more so i have no idea what i'm lifting, especially since all the weights are different sizes.

my assumptions are ab crunch machine is 5kg increments, chest press & fly, lat pull down, static rowing and leg raise machines are 10kg, leg press and olympic bench 20kg increments, but i'm most likely wrong. can't find any info on the manufacturer's site or the jetts site and there are no staff around when i am to ask.

the free weights have weights written on them but thats all.

otherwise i recommend joining, they're certainly good value, for me mainly that you're still able to use all the gyms across the country for the base rate, where as if i wanted that with fitness first for example, i'd be paying something like $37 a week - that and jetts is a 5min drive from me and they're open 24hrs so i get home, have dinner, watch some tv and then hit the gym at 10pm.

« Last Edit: Jul 4, 2011, 11:59AM by noss »

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline MattJohn

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #2 on: Jul 8, 2011, 10:46AM »
Yeah, this Jetts has the numbers too (my old gym did as well; its rather common), if your reaching fatigue or getting gains then it doesn't really matter? although I know where your coming from, it is good to see what your lifting as well  :)

And the 24hr is defiantly a great thing haha

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #3 on: Jul 13, 2011, 11:55AM »
yeh, other gyms i've used have had the actual weights, also the guys at work where they go its the same.. not that i'm trying to get in a pissing comp with the the guys here, especially considering they're massive and i'm not (and dont want to be), it'd be nice to get a grasp on how i compare. i've cycled for ages and can do almost twice what everyone here can do on the leg press, but i'm not as great with upper body.

for me personally though when not comparing to anyone else, i'm happy to work with the numbers.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline roadkill91

• antrx.com full member
complete mind & body workouts
« Reply #4 on: Oct 1, 2013, 10:41PM »
Hey,sounds like a good workout for both :) Me I pick up the U13 dash 5times check the u13 complete harness 5 times,spin the 5 speedbox & bellhousing.,push the sr block here and there a few times,bit hard.view under car in & out 2 many times but that is the slow down bit,Then take time 2 cool down with breathing time in the drivers seat listening on my awesome sound system as I meditate on the visual workout 2 follow of the hours ahead on the Nissan forum of Knowledge as my heart rate settles 2 a desired state of euphoric well being,before I go shit it don't go,so it is work out of vast multiples of Body Mind & Soul,spliced with pure reality,Stay tuned for further BlueBird u12/u13 regular FREE home do it yourself Tune ups :D

Offline roadkill91

• antrx.com full member
Re: complete mind & body workouts
« Reply #5 on: Oct 25, 2013, 01:14AM »
Hey,sounds like a good workout for both :) Me I pick up the U13 dash 5times check the u13 complete harness 5 times,spin the 5 speedbox & bellhousing.,push the sr block here and there a few times,bit hard.view under car in & out 2 many times but that is the slow down bit,Then take time 2 cool down with breathing time in the drivers seat listening on my awesome sound system as I meditate on the visual workout 2 follow of the hours ahead on the Nissan forum of Knowledge as my heart rate settles 2 a desired state of euphoric well being,before I go shit it don't go,so it is work out of vast multiples of Body Mind & Soul,spliced with pure reality,Stay tuned for further BlueBird u12/u13 regular FREE home do it yourself Tune ups :D
This peice is just 2 smile a bit when u look back on a universal shed or/ where workout,U know u do these movements sponging your car hobby ,I was just throwing a Norman day week in a Nissan enthusiasts shed existence ? there is really a co existence. ;) Like when u are torquing up sets I head bolts 2.4,6,8,cylinders ,etc :P  .PS.