Author Topic: 21TRX  (Read 9665 times)

Offline Mackdaddy

• antrx.com junior member
Re: 21TRX
« Reply #30 on: Mar 17, 2010, 12:20AM »
All is running primo under the bonnet with the new turbo. I've sorted my boost controller and I've got it dialed to ~13 psi. Seems to hold it well from 3000 to 6000rpm. Once every couple of days I find it loses all its guts. The engine doesn't sound bad or anything, just wont make boost.

I'm hoping 13psi isn't asking too much of mah t25...... I'm really enjoying being thrown back in my seat.

I want to replace my fuel filter but I'm uncertain if its the filter from the sr20 or the ka24....? can anyone identify...?

21TRX - sr20det flavoured TRX

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #31 on: Mar 17, 2010, 12:52AM »
Fuel filter you can just use the standard u12 one. I once bought a z32 one (I think it was) and it was identical so no point.

You'll be fine with a u12 one. I've been running them for the past year and a half with no issues. 
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline Mackdaddy

« Reply #32 on: Mar 17, 2010, 02:04AM »
sweet as. do you think it's worth upgrading my MAF?? LUP15 is selling that z32 one...

The car atm:
sr20det from hnu12
new Garrett t25 turbo
FMIC w/ 2.5" piping
pod intake
3.5" mendrel bent turbo back zorst
walbrough pump
GFB bleed valve & BOV
stock injectors, MAF and ECU

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #33 on: Mar 17, 2010, 01:08PM »
It would be a wise move to upgrade the afm and also your injectors. I know on stock injectors running around 11psi will almost max out the injectors.
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline Mackdaddy

« Reply #34 on: Mar 17, 2010, 02:08PM »
Is that just a matter of upgrading injectors and MAF or do i need to look at a new ECU too...???

I'm apprehensive of the day that I have to touch my wiring. Half the old loom from the TRX is still there with half the loom from the bluey on top of it......... epic mess

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #35 on: Mar 17, 2010, 02:43PM »
You will need to retune your ecu. No need to go aftermarket. Get a nistune board put in, awesome easy to use software. Factory ecu so no need to wire it in. Real time tuning and the ability to easily adjust for when bigger injectors or air flow meter is put in.

"Noss is GOD"

Offline MAG86

• antrx.com senior member
  • L24ET on the way.....
« Reply #36 on: Mar 18, 2010, 09:14AM »
maf and injectors, plus nistune....

you will then enjoy been thrown in the back of your seat a hell of alot more then!
[0O\======/O0]

Offline Mackdaddy

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2010, 08:04PM »
I/m moving to Toowoomba in 6 weeks...... so Nistune+dyno+tune will be a little more accessible than in Mount Isa........... def on the cards now though.

Did up some custom dash gauges over the last few days......

Did the old scan and photoshop trick. Opted to just print on plain paper and pvc them onto the original faces. The light still shines through the paper at night and has a cool blue-green colour now........ I think they turned out fair schmick.....

100% authentic Nismo of course :p