Author Topic: part compatability  (Read 2105 times)

Offline u12 nut

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
part compatability
« on: Dec 7, 2008, 10:07AM »
hey everyone

i just bought a 2.4 u12 for $1400 from Sydney loving the extra squirt over the ca. I just wanted to know if i can transplant the cat back system off my ca to the ka, also how expensive are extractors for the ka and are they hard to find second hand. one last thing the stage 2 chips sold on the antrx website, are they straightforward to install or do i need to go to a pro. i will try to get some pictures of it up as soon as its dressed properly (wheels etc). thanks guys don't know what i would do with out this site, invaluable.

so many choices

Offline snailman

• GOC 180' man
  • antrx.com senior member
  • 1994 U13 SSS BLUEY
Re: part compatability
« Reply #1 on: Dec 7, 2008, 04:29PM »
gday mate, catback system should be fine onto the ka

extractors are hard to find for the ka you're best bet is getting them specifically made which will cost big bucks and as you're looking for second hand i doubt you will have/want the budget to get this done

with the antrx chips, best get a qualified autoelectrician to do it, its a very precise job and if u stuff it up cos u dunno how to do it your not covered

hope this helps mate!
loves doing 180's up great ocean road... not!

Offline u12 nut

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
« Reply #2 on: Dec 8, 2008, 09:09AM »
cheers for that mate very helpful. probably have some more queries soon, think i might have a real go with this one coming into the right kind of budget after Christmas with a new job.
so many choices

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #3 on: Dec 8, 2008, 12:51PM »
Off the shelf extractors are shite, save your cash. exhaust from the stock exhaust manifold back (including new high flow cat) will help.

Offline rathies

• I may be going to hell but I'm going in a 4BY
  • post whore
  • Patrol of Doom coming soon
« Reply #4 on: Dec 8, 2008, 10:21PM »
Off the shelf extractors are shite
but extractors are a good alternative to a corroded leaky 20yo stock manifold..especially if you don't have any welding skills to fix a stocker.
Previous rides: KA24ET TRX,  2000 GUII Patrol 4.2 td, AntrxWA whore TRX owner 4/5, 99 Landrover Discovery TD5
Current Ride(s):  91 GQ Patrol ST-3 RB25DET Converted :)

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #5 on: Dec 9, 2008, 07:48AM »
Correct. I made the assumption that nothing was wrong with the stock exhaust manifold. :)