Author Topic: Furtue plans for U12 Pintara  (Read 4560 times)

Offline Bloodstained

• antrx.com senior member
Furtue plans for U12 Pintara
« on: Jul 21, 2008, 11:41AM »
Hey guys/Gals

Ive read nearly all the things on your forum abouts exhaust mods and Air filter mods
Air filter ones i understand and ill be getting the POD Air filter soonish i'm also looking at doing the exhaust at round about the same time but none of its really making sense to me  ???

so i was wondering what you people recommend i'm after a really nice sound something that doesn't start to drone at bout 80kms and something that does give me a fair performance boost
ill probably spend around the $600 mark

Also i was wondering if it was possible and if it would look any good trying to fit some r31 lights on my Pintara?  :D 

Thanks in Advance

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
Re: Furtue plans for U12 Pintara
« Reply #1 on: Jul 21, 2008, 11:47AM »
Also i was wondering if it was possible and if it would look any good trying to fit some r31 lights on my Pintara?  :D 

rofl-snort.

Offline Bloodstained

« Reply #2 on: Jul 21, 2008, 01:14PM »

Offline FuzzyDropbear

• L26 Boost Junkie
« Reply #3 on: Jul 21, 2008, 01:21PM »

:D You can try, but I think you will find the R31 lights are a bit too large for the rear of the pinny, unless you want to do some cutting and use a few zip-ties . ;)

There are plenty of pod and CAI threads on the forums. The 'search' button is your friend here. The same with the exhaust issue. If you have specific questions then ask away. But just saying 'nothing makes sense' doesn't really help us, help you.

Are you looking at building your own full CAI system or just whacking a POD in your engine bay?

Ive read nearly all the things on your forum abouts exhaust mods and Air filter mods
Air filter ones i understand and ill be getting the POD Air filter soonish ... but none of its really making sense to me  ???

and that's just contradicting yourself  :D

« Last Edit: Jul 21, 2008, 01:24PM by FuzzyDropbear »
Datsun boys, we like 'em fast, so we drop 'em low, heavy on the gas!

Offline Smiley Of Terror

• post whore
« Reply #4 on: Jul 21, 2008, 01:38PM »
:D You can try, but I think you will find the R31 lights are a bit too large for the rear of the pinny, unless you want to do some cutting and use a few zip-ties . ;)

There are plenty of pod and CAI threads on the forums. The 'search' button is your friend here. The same with the exhaust issue. If you have specific questions then ask away. But just saying 'nothing makes sense' doesn't really help us, help you.

Are you looking at building your own full CAI system or just whacking a POD in your engine bay?

and that's just contradicting yourself  :D

I do believe he was talking about being confused with Exhausts
nissan enthusiast who... umm... drives a toyota.

'95 n/a Mr2

Offline Bloodstained

« Reply #5 on: Jul 21, 2008, 02:15PM »
sorry im not really good with all this car stuff :( bit new to me but im hopeing to learn some more over the next few years :)

and i think i might scrap the idea bout the lights :)

yea im confused bout the exhausts im getting all this cat systems and converters and all off this lingo and have no idea what im looking at, so i was hopeing that you could point me in the right direction  :D i think i want the sports exhaust and the extractor around the 600$ mark ill spend more if you think its worth it, but i dont just want go buy something cause its 600$ if you know what i mean i want to get something thats going to be worth the money  ;D

with the filter from reading i think ill build the hole CAI system i know a couple of people from my local autobarn so ill see wat the can do for me

Offline FuzzyDropbear

• L26 Boost Junkie
« Reply #6 on: Jul 21, 2008, 02:54PM »
Ok, my bad, on my computer it separated that last sentance out into a different paragraph.

People have put R33 tail lights on their pinny if you are looking for the stovetop look.

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #7 on: Jul 21, 2008, 03:07PM »
Ok, my bad, on my computer it separated that last sentance out into a different paragraph.

People have put R33 tail lights on their pinny if you are looking for the stovetop look.

R32 lights, not R33. I dont think there is enough room to fit the R33 lights in there.

I know of a few people that have tried or started the r32 lights but not many if anyone i know has actually finished them.

This is how my set turned out...

This was after months and months of hard work to get it looking how it does now.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline Bloodstained

« Reply #8 on: Jul 21, 2008, 03:17PM »
Those look really sweet acctuly but i would have no idea how to do it myself :) or where to start :) that was sorta the look i was after as well :) thanks for sharing that tho :) thats really sweet :)

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #9 on: Jul 21, 2008, 03:59PM »
www.howstuffworks.com
en.wikipedia.com

just to start if you're confused about car stuff.

Offline Bloodstained

« Reply #10 on: Jul 21, 2008, 04:50PM »
Thank you ill cheack it out

Offline ZEXTCY

• antrx.com junkie
  • I dare ya
« Reply #11 on: Jul 21, 2008, 11:23PM »
Kranzy - nice work mate, i thought it was Ryan's old car resprayed blue for sec  :D
What is the point of a signature, who REALLY reads it??

Offline Bloodstained

« Reply #12 on: Jul 25, 2008, 01:34PM »
i got my exhaust done yesturday next is the pod filter im look at the getting the hole CAI system done do you know roughly how much i will be look at price wise for a decent one?

i dont know how to do it myself so ill take to my mate at auto barn

Offline FuzzyDropbear

• L26 Boost Junkie
« Reply #13 on: Jul 25, 2008, 05:24PM »
Pricing depends on what you make it out of. PVC would be cheapest.

Have you checked out the 'CAI on a budget' which, I think, is in the wiki section? That would be a good start, shows you what you have to modify and what you need to make the system.

Offline Bloodstained

« Reply #14 on: Jul 25, 2008, 05:31PM »
lol didny c that there thank you

sorry bout all da dumb questions jusat new to all this :) practice for when i get an s15/s13