Author Topic: KA24E to DE conversion  (Read 1725 times)

Offline Frosty

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
KA24E to DE conversion
« on: Jul 19, 2008, 06:26PM »
Hey guys i just finished doin up my trx and i figure its time to hav sum fun wit it :), ive heard u can convert the E to a DE and im just wondering wat is involved and wat the benefits will be power and economy wise, any info would be greatly appreciated

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
Re: KA24E to DE conversion
« Reply #1 on: Jul 20, 2008, 01:39PM »
I think Colby is your man here... Im pretty sure he did the E>DE conversion.
mr 4ut0m4t1c d0r1fft0000 p1nny 0n ga5 w17h cu5t0m u13h su8w00f3r!
When i'm cruisin' wit my bitches and G's ready to pop a cap in the ass of some fool who thinks he's bank by takin' my corner of the block....  ::)

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
Re: KA24E to DE conversion
« Reply #2 on: Jul 21, 2008, 02:47PM »
Indeed I have.  Well it is fairly basic as far as conversions go, but i'd only reccomend doing it yourself if you have a solid mechanical background.  Benefits... well the DE is twin cam with a few extra valves, so does breath a little better, and doesnt have any flat spot like the E.  I think it feels more tourqey too.  Economy wise it is pretty much the same as the E.  Power wise its also similar, its not a huge step up, (roughly 105hp in stock form, compared to 95hp for an old stock E)
Really... unless you plan on getting the engine worked with cams and headwork, it doesnt make it a worthwhile swap in NA form.

Turbo however is a different story... you will find it much easier to buy off the shelf manifolds and equipment from the US than ever possible for the E.  And will provide more power than an SR20DET at similar boost levels.  All up for the transfer to a turbo KA-DET budget maybe $3000-4000 doing a fair bit yourself.

If you want specifics do a search here, i'm sure i've put out more depth before, if you are still serious and want any further info PM me.