Author Topic: Bear Crushing Crush Bears, So crushing they crush other bears!!  (Read 4503 times)

Offline Sig

• antrx.com junior member
Now that i have your attention,

LED lights in Cluster, how to? any links or simple guides around?

Cheers

Offline wombat

• antrx.com junkie
  • Sleep... What's that?
Jaycar probably sell a light that will screw in in place of the globe. It might pay to remove the centre stripe (unless you've got hotplates).
I'm so far behind at work, I'm almost retro!

Offline Sig

Oh wombat,

I was talking about in the Cluster i.e Tacho/Speedo cluster not the tail lights, I already have hotplates

Offline DTM

• post whore
Ebay, $25, cluster out, change globes, cluster in. 15min job

Offline Sig

Just search for LED's?

Mate told me i can only use LED's the same colour as the globes already in there, i currently have the green tinge.

Cheers mate

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
Just search for LED's?

Mate told me i can only use LED's the same colour as the globes already in there, i currently have the green tinge.

Cheers mate

gently sandpaper the green stuff off the back of the gauge face. you need some of those tiny precision screwdrivers to remove the gauge faces.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline Sig

Thanks alot,

The LED's will slot in or be wired in where the globes were, one other quick question. Will the Illumination buttons still work?

Regards

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
the leds on ebay come pre modded into the little socket that is used in the gauge clusters, so its as simple as changing a light bulb.. well, about 10 light bulbs.

the bulbs are here:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Nissan-Skyline-R31-R32-R33-6-LED-Blue-Dash-Light-Kit-5_W0QQitemZ160241218219QQihZ006QQcategoryZ33711QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

as for illumination buttons - i'm assuming you mean for adjustment of brightness, i dont know.. but someone else will

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline Sig

I reckon the illuminations will still work considering all they do is change the amount of resistance in the circuit (Thanks year 11 physics for that one!)
So it doesn't really matter whether you have a LED or a globe its only the resistance that changes not any wiring inside!

Cheers mate

Offline DTM

• post whore
The illumination still works, just IMO even at it's brightest they're not bright enough. I'm sure you could do something to boost it but yer, my thoughts