Author Topic: Power window  (Read 2284 times)

Offline phreeky

• antrx.com senior member
Power window
« on: May 22, 2008, 07:22PM »
For the first time in my ~5yrs of ownership, looks like I've got a power window problem.

Passenger window wont go back up. Relay clicks, motor turns. Is there a cable back there that you can simply adjust the tension on?!?!?!

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
Re: Power window
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 08:23PM »
If the motors turning, its probably one of the little plastic bits that are at the ends of the regulator thats damaged and allowing the cable to go nuts...

Trim off!
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline phreeky

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 12:49AM »
Yeah trim was off within 5 minutes, needed to put the window up to lock it up, but didn't have time to look properly. Bit hard to see in there though, what a pain, just another job for the weekend.

Offline DRUSS

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #3 on: Aug 9, 2008, 08:30PM »
Hi,

This just happened to me. Did you find out what the issue was.

Cheers

Daniel

Offline phreeky

« Reply #4 on: Aug 23, 2008, 01:09PM »
Being the lazy prick that I am, I only really set about fixing it today!

I unbolted the motor thing from the door and pulled to the side to inspect, and also tried powering it while feeling with my hand what was going on. When powering the window down, it all operates as you'd expect - thing turns, cable moves.

When powering up, the motor makes a noise. The cable doesn't move, and the black thing that the cable somewhat wraps around doesn't turn.

I can't figure out how to get the bloody thing out of the door! Where the cable goes onto the motor thing, there's little white plastic ends on it, they don't seem to unclip. Advice somebody, please!!! :D I'm sure DRUSS would appreciate advice too!

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #5 on: Aug 24, 2008, 01:52AM »
If its the same as the U12s or similar there are some hidden clips from memory. They're a real pain in the ass to do  :(
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline phreeky

« Reply #6 on: Aug 25, 2008, 11:21AM »
I've been informed by a mate, who has done it a few times on a GTiR, that he had to remove the glass and frame etc. So I'm going to investigate a little more, maybe tonight. Man I just want this damn thing fixed, how annoying.

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #7 on: Sep 5, 2008, 05:08PM »
Yeah, you have to pull the glass and runners out champ, then regulator and motor.

Lucky its not a pillarless U12 door... where the window glass EXPLODES in your hands when your taking it out (fucking hurt me and my mate, I tell you what!)
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline Counterpunch

« Reply #8 on: Nov 21, 2008, 10:02AM »
Sounds like the window motor may have seized internally.  You will have to take it out and dismantle it, regrease it and expecially check for corrosion as that's usually the cause of the fault.  Its happened twice already on my U13 Attesa on the rear driver passenger door.  Alternatively, you could just go to the wreckers and buy another one that works.  Depending on which window I may have a spare one lying around if you're having troubles finding one.
RNU12 Bluebird SSS Attesa
HNU13 Bluebird SSS Attesa Ltd