Author Topic: Flywheel + Clutch Fork  (Read 8480 times)

Offline nitrouz

• antrx.com junior member
Flywheel + Clutch Fork
« on: Jan 10, 2008, 02:17PM »
I've taken my car to the mechanic after a few months of being off the road due to the clutch being worn out.
Ordered in a new RPM SSCC clutch and it arrived today. I called the mechanic earlier and he said that the clutch fork was worn out and the flywheel looks not to healthy either. Due to the previous heavy duty clutches, the flywheel has apparently been worn out too.
This is in a SSS Attesa 1991. They said they were trying to find out if the standard aus bluebird clutch fork and flywheel will fit. does anyone know the answer to this? i had not anticipated this occuring, the clutch itself was 650 + labour to do it all (aprox 5-8 hours) so a total of about $1266.. now i may need a new flywheel and clutch fork, whats the price for such products?

Offline JelloBello

• Attesa Driver
  • west oz local moderator
  • post whore
  • Got Pastie?
Re: Flywheel + Clutch Fork
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2008, 04:01PM »
I assume it's an sr20 attesa. We use the same flywheel as s14 Silvia's, I believe the same clutch fork as gti-r's (this is what Nissan told me, haven't proven it myself yet) - you will also want to get a genuine gti-r throw out bearing as it's different to the north/south sr20's (what most likely came with you clutch kit).

I'm not sure what a new standard weight flywheel would cost (and I guess that machining is out of the question)... If you have the cash It might be worth installing a lightweight flywheel, these are around $400-600.

Nissan quoted me $139.00 for a genuine gti-r clutch fork (part# 30531-03E11)
1994 u13 SSS Attesa ftw. Project thread here
13.876 @ 98.83mph

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2008, 07:13PM »
PM me if you want a lightened flywheel champ.
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline LUP15

• antrx.com senior member
  • formerly DIGITOBI
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2008, 06:35PM »
yeah clutch fork same as gtir
Project LUP15 <-- Click Here      ||      If you're an enthusiast in QLD or anywhere else, support it --> Lakeside Raceway

Offline JelloBello

• Attesa Driver
  • west oz local moderator
  • post whore
  • Got Pastie?
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2008, 08:10PM »
yeah clutch fork same as gtir

sweet as! I was about 80% sure it was the same, now I can order one :)
1994 u13 SSS Attesa ftw. Project thread here
13.876 @ 98.83mph

Offline nitrouz

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2008, 05:08PM »
my cars ready now, got a new RPM SSII clutch and new clutch fork. costed 1650 bux total. which included parts, labour & flywheel machining obviously. lotta money but im happy its goin now.