Author Topic: Minimum wheels offset  (Read 3465 times)

Offline MattJohn

• antrx.com senior member
Minimum wheels offset
« on: Aug 13, 2011, 01:13AM »
Okay guys.. i have searched it and haven't found much, so I'm gonna risk it.

I'm looking at Enkei 92'2 for my u12 pinny, and the perfect offset (15x7 : +38) doesn't appear to have a great amount of dish at all, the other option is a much wider dish (what I'm going for) but the offset is (15x8 : +22).

I know the guards will most probably need to be flared; how bad will be scrape with these being 8"? and will the +22 offset even fit or will it just hit the suspension strut?

Offline Cheezel

Re: Minimum wheels offset
« Reply #1 on: Aug 16, 2011, 12:53AM »
If you go for the 8" +22, the inside of your wheel will be moved AWAY from your suspension (by 3mm, apparently)

However it pokes out from the guards by 29mm.

Wheel offset calculators are your friend for picking rims.

Offline MattJohn

« Reply #2 on: Aug 16, 2011, 07:44AM »
Aw derr -_- can't believe I didnt remember that  :-X
If its sticking out the guard, thats okay I can just get them pumped, I was more worried about any problems with mounting to the hub?

Offline Cheezel

« Reply #3 on: Aug 16, 2011, 10:07AM »
Nah because youve got such an aggresive offset therell be no problems inside the arch. Not sure how youll go when you turn full lock though...

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #4 on: Aug 16, 2011, 11:55AM »
Nah because youve got such an aggresive offset therell be no problems inside the arch. Not sure how youll go when you turn full lock though...

Given that they are 15" I dont think they will scrub with something low profile.  The front has a fair bit of clearance anyway, its the back you'll need to worry about.
I've got 17x8 +32 on the rear of mine, its a pretty tight fit!  Around corners the guard scrubs a little, so with +22 you'd have to basically cut out part of your rear guard and put on some flares.  But again, being 15" they might not be so bad, stretch some 215x45 tyres and it might work... just stick to stock or Low suspension as superlows will have your ass scrape on the ground.

Didnt Chris have a set of these?  he might have tested on the TRX if he had it.

Hope that helps a bit.

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #5 on: Aug 16, 2011, 08:05PM »
17x7 by +40 is the best fit for a u12.
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline MattJohn

« Reply #6 on: Aug 16, 2011, 09:26PM »
thanks for all the feed back  ;D

17x7 by +40 is the best fit for a u12.
Sounds good, but im after enkei 92's (or some sort of jap style rim, i chose the enkei's cause they have a rather decent dish with the +22 ; unless you know a different rim which may suit?)

Given that they are 15" I dont think they will scrub with something low profile.  The front has a fair bit of clearance anyway, its the back you'll need to worry about.
I've got 17x8 +32 on the rear of mine, its a pretty tight fit!  Around corners the guard scrubs a little, so with +22 you'd have to basically cut out part of your rear guard and put on some flares.  But again, being 15" they might not be so bad, stretch some 215x45 tyres and it might work... just stick to stock or Low suspension as superlows will have your ass scrape on the ground.

Didnt Chris have a set of these?  he might have tested on the TRX if he had it.

Yeah, chris had pretty much the exact look im going for, that and a mix with 'Project AWD by cruise missle' - he had decent width on the back. I was thinking 2 [15x7 +38] for the front and 2 [15x8 +22] for the back, cause the +22 has the width and dish so if its on the back itl give it a bit more of a jdm style look, also the 15x7 on the front should look the part and not have any issue with srubbing.

What do you reckon (everyone), good/bad idea?
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2011, 09:31PM by MattJohn »