Author Topic: '90 pintara wagon upgrades?  (Read 2055 times)

Offline riffratt87

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
'90 pintara wagon upgrades?
« on: Sep 14, 2013, 11:54AM »
Hey peeps!
Jst wanting a bit of advice on a few things..
Ive recently bought a pintara wagon which seems to be in pretty good nik n im.lookin to start upgrading. Im.not to mechanically minded so im sorry for the ignorance.. My plan is to eventually put an sr20 in it but i know the breaks n suspension etc will also need to be done so if anyone can help me out with what part are fairly straight forward to install it would be awesome n once i figure out how to post pics frm my phone ill put some up.

Also its got a ca20e at the moment and an auto box, kinda hav to stick with auto for now til im off my Ps but that doesnt bother me too much

Offline riffratt87

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
Re: '90 pintara wagon upgrades?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 16, 2013, 01:56PM »
 Really? On this whole site dedivated to modifying these types of cars, noone has any advice on anything at all? 20 views n no replies?

Offline MattJohn

• antrx.com senior member
Re: '90 pintara wagon upgrades?
« Reply #2 on: Sep 16, 2013, 04:54PM »
Not many people reply cause a lot of questions have been asked before..
You'd see using the 'Search' bar.

Not sure how different the wagons are..

Front shocks: recommend U13 bluebird coilovers
Rear shocks: U13 Coil over sleeve kit (slight mod needed to struts)
Look into swaybars, if they're the same Aaron might still have his U12 Whitelines. Get them.
Front S13 strut brace, elgonate one of the wholes to fit.
Rear strut brace, Cusco brace you should be able to easily find the link to buy them here somewhere.
Brakes; Pretty sure Pedro was selling a bigger Master cylinder or booster or somthing, and 32 skyline 4 pots (i think they're 4 pots) almost bolt up. Failing that, U13 brakes have a bigger caliper and a 280mm disc and bolt straight on. Depends on how hard you wanna stop.
EBC brake pads.
Nolithane bushes ect

I'm not sure about U12 to wagon compatability, but should give you a rough idea. Maybe some 31 skyline gear will be closer