Author Topic: Advice on my setup  (Read 1236 times)

Offline volatile

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
  • new kid on the block
Advice on my setup
« on: Jun 14, 2004, 04:47PM »
Hey, i have a 88 Nissan Pintara for my first car i've been given some audio gear + ive bought some myself to upgrade the pintaras system
so far ive got

Jaycar Response - 4x 100W RMS amp
2x 10inch crossfire subs in a sealed box
And 2 Sets of 6" MGX Turbos speakers

Im still yet to get a h/u but im planning on buying the JVC KD-G455 mp3 deck at 50Wx4 when the sales are on. I listen to metal and im wondering whats the best way to setup my system, I was thinking of running the Front 6"s & the Subs off the Amp and leaving the back 6"s running off the h/u is anyone running theres like this, how does it sound?

I was also considering selling one pair of my 6's and changing the back to 6x9's is this worthwhile or am i wasting my time?

Another thing i was concerned about is securing my system so it doesnt get stolen i was planning on using security screws to screw in my speakers & h/u, making a fake wall in the boot to conceal the amp, does anyone else know of any good ideas on howto secure your stuff, thanks everyone - volatile

Offline BEEFY_1600

• antrx.com junkie
  • 1968 Datsun 1600 FJ20ET GTX3076R
Re: Advice on my setup
« Reply #1 on: Jun 14, 2004, 05:55PM »
Keep the 6s as they will sound beeter since your running subs.
Subs and 6x9s dont mix. 

The best way to protect our gear is not advertise it i.e. Dont have it up loud where your going to park. 

Offline Nizzan

• antrx cruise monkey
  • antrx.com junkie
  • I am NOT a llama!!
Re: Advice on my setup
« Reply #2 on: Jun 14, 2004, 09:57PM »
yeah security screws, maybe fill screw tops with solder so no one can unscrew them and jus try to keep it looking as stock as possible.. (although this isnt always easy)
u can keep the face from the old HU and stick it over the top of the new one wen ur not around??

depends on how much trouble u wanna go to..

a simple alarm and warning LED on the dash is enough to deter mosts car thieves