Author Topic: What an offer!  (Read 1311 times)

Offline Carbon-goodness

• On ya bike!
  • post whore
  • self confessed antrx cycling nut
What an offer!
« on: Jan 24, 2006, 09:28PM »
hehe, this topped off me day today and amused me....

played tennis this arvo with sum work mates. Upon finishing and getting back into me car to drive home, there's a blue piece of paper placed underneath me windscreen wiper. On the back of this piece of paper (which happened to be a yard docket or trade quote from Park Rd Timber - Bunnings competition, grrrr) was a message:

Looking for Pintari TRX
- if selling within few months please call Tim <mobile #>

I thought i'd got some sort of fine or sumthin! So what u guys rekon i'll offer him? $10K?!?!  :P

NB: I'm sure he meant Pintara TRX (as opposed from Pintari)  hehe, I'm still amused!  :D
If somebody asks you, "can I ask you a question?" and you say, "no",  you're actually answering a question. Think about it....

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
Re: What an offer!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2006, 08:11AM »
hahaha noice :P,

"attention all team members, trxjon please come to the front for car assistance please, thank you"  :P

yeah, just see what he says with that  ;D
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline Yom

• antrx.com full member
  • new kid on the block
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2006, 10:05AM »
Haha mate if you want to sell you've got him under yout thumb!

Call him back in 4 weeks. The suspense will be killing him.

You should be able to bait him along and get a bit more out of him than you would just selling it in the trading post. Hehe. :D

Offline Carbon-goodness

• On ya bike!
  • post whore
  • self confessed antrx cycling nut
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2006, 11:01AM »
"attention all team members, trxjon please come to the front for car assistance please, thank you"  :P

yeah, just see what he says with that  ;D

hehe, do u work at bunnings or another "big" retail store? as that speel is pretty much what goes over the PA system every now and then when someone wants help with stuff to their car (I work at bunnings)

Haha mate if you want to sell you've got him under yout thumb!

Call him back in 4 weeks. The suspense will be killing him.

You should be able to bait him along and get a bit more out of him than you would just selling it in the trading post. Hehe. :D

hehe, yeah you probably right now that you've mentioned it! I was thinkin of callin him that night saying, "$10K for it mate" and see what he says. but ur idea is sooo much more better! he'd be thinkin, "did this person get my message?" and every time the phone rings, "HELLO!?!?.... oh, hi mum.... yes i will do the dishes this afternoon...."
If somebody asks you, "can I ask you a question?" and you say, "no",  you're actually answering a question. Think about it....

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2006, 11:45AM »
Yes mate i work at bunnings  ;D - Bunnings warehouse, lowest wages are just the beginning... :P

I'm in at Rockdale in NSW in the timber dept. lol..
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...