Author Topic: Yasi  (Read 2399 times)

Offline BRUCE-TI

• QLD 5 Year Badge!
  • antrx.com full member
  • my car's just out of frame. To the left.<<<<
Yasi
« on: Feb 1, 2011, 07:32PM »
Yeah.     Quietly shitting myself.
'91 Pintara TI Saphire Blue with a unifilter and TSW VX1 Venoms.  Mild but soon to be wild.

"Under steer is where the nose of your car hits the wall and over steer is when the ass end of your car hits the wall. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
Re: Yasi
« Reply #1 on: Feb 1, 2011, 11:10PM »
Good luck! Are the cars garaged? And is the garage likely to blow away? :-p

But in all seriousness I hope it's not as severe as they're predicting.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline Jecks

• antrx.com pit crew
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
    • antrx.com
« Reply #2 on: Feb 2, 2011, 05:08AM »
Best of Luck Bruce, and also to any other members who live in the areas in teh wake of yasi.

Let us know how you go, and check your insurance policies for whatever coverage you need.
(heard some flood victims got shafted by the insurance companies because they didnt have flood cover)
I'm sick of my knob going all floppy and loose in my hand  :P 
I've been on probation for 21 years, can't make a decision without consulting the wife first  ::)

Offline lgee

• post whore
  • Attesa Racer
    • WheelTech Racing
« Reply #3 on: Feb 2, 2011, 05:53AM »
good luck mate, if there is anything you need we your brothers here will only be happy to do what we can. stay safe

Offline BRUCE-TI

• QLD 5 Year Badge!
  • antrx.com full member
« Reply #4 on: Feb 2, 2011, 01:18PM »
Blue one is at the workshop.  Could be tidal surge and stuff it. Black one is at the mechs still. Checked and it is licked up out odf the way. But still in tidal surge area. Bloke from the raaf said two days ago it would cross at balgal beach.  Looking now like it could.  I am now bunkered down as good as possible.  All that is left as the wind is already getting up there is to try and get my lips as close as possible to my bottom.

Might be chasing some parts and panels soon.
'91 Pintara TI Saphire Blue with a unifilter and TSW VX1 Venoms.  Mild but soon to be wild.

"Under steer is where the nose of your car hits the wall and over steer is when the ass end of your car hits the wall. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #5 on: Feb 2, 2011, 01:26PM »
Best of Luck Bruce, and also to any other members who live in the areas in teh wake of yasi.

Let us know how you go, and check your insurance policies for whatever coverage you need.
(heard some flood victims got shafted by the insurance companies because they didnt have flood cover)

this is probably going to sound rude/heartless, but its pretty clear in the policies that floods are not covered, when i got insurance on my house they very clearly stated to me on the phone that i was not covered for floods and that was again repeated in bold text in the policy. dad's insurance was exactly the same.

i take it your house is out of the surge area though? would hate to see the cars go under. it was predicted at 5m yesterday.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline BRUCE-TI

• QLD 5 Year Badge!
  • antrx.com full member
« Reply #6 on: Feb 2, 2011, 01:35PM »
Cheers for the thoughts fellas.  House is ok. But the neighbors is an asshole and built a dam to keep water from his yard. I do flood because of it. But not the house.  Insurance is something you have to do but they never want you to claim. Regardless of the situation.  It will always be a fight.  Realized we had not changed our insurance in 7 years.  Fixed that yesterday and added the shed and the patio and upped the contents.

We will see. I checked the spelling this time. Damn predictive text.

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #7 on: Feb 2, 2011, 05:00PM »
Shit hey Bruce, good luck mate!
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline BRUCE-TI

• QLD 5 Year Badge!
  • antrx.com full member
« Reply #8 on: Feb 2, 2011, 11:28PM »
This is some scary shit. And I am only copping about half strength.

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #10 on: Feb 3, 2011, 09:35AM »
how did you fare mate? i take it its mostly over?

i find it interesting that it keeps powering on. the original predicition was category 2 when it hit the coast and a 'tropical storm' by the time it hit the great divide.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline BRUCE-TI

• QLD 5 Year Badge!
  • antrx.com full member
« Reply #11 on: Feb 4, 2011, 01:41PM »
All good. We copped about a cat 2.5.  Few trees down. One flying branch hit the house but very minor damage. Otherwise just a big cleanup and wait for power to come back on. That generator I looked at a couple of weeks ago and did not buy is haunting me. But a he'll of a lot worse off than me.

Offline FuzzyDropbear

• antrx.com senior member
  • L26 Boost Junkie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 4, 2011, 03:22PM »
Good to hear no major damage on your end mate.

Was anyone else a bit annoyed by the tone of the news coverage? In the news reports I saw following the event, all the media reporters were almost disappointed that there wasn't more damage for them to report on.
Datsun boys, we like 'em fast, so we drop 'em low, heavy on the gas!

Offline BRUCE-TI

• QLD 5 Year Badge!
  • antrx.com full member
« Reply #13 on: Feb 5, 2011, 06:25PM »
Thanks to dad who has power back on for the generator.  And now I have wifi. Tv and can see the coverage. But everyone love a disaster and are always disappointed if if there is not a big enough one. Look at 2000.