Author Topic: This site has died....again !  (Read 6606 times)

Offline Pure_Sincerity

• post whore
  • noss is my father
This site has died....again !
« on: Dec 31, 2010, 09:30PM »
Topic says it all
U12 TRX
KA25DE
HIGH COMP
MEGASQUIRT
COILOVERS
INDIVIDUAL THROTTLE BODIES

Offline JAWSTRX!

• antrx.com junkie
  • TRX STYLE!!!
Re: This site has died....again !
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2010, 09:50PM »
tell me about it.I havent seen anything interesting in days
TRX 1-FORD FALCON 0

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #2 on: Jan 1, 2011, 02:58AM »
it was bound to happen, no one wants to buy u12s or u13s anymore, i mean you can buy a wrx or supra or whatever the fuck you want for a few dollars now. the site was never going to be vibrant forever, at least it lasted longer than other sites. i tried to move it forward years ago but the damn site is so entrenched with u12s and u13s there is no way in hell it would ever expand especially when people can set up a forum about their left nut in 15mins for $5 a month, every man and his fucking dog runs a forum now, the internet is saturated with shit and know it alls that just make the whole experience leave a bad taste in your mouth. its a fickle place especially when you're trying to provide for a car no one gives a rats arse about.

anyway, happy new year [i seem to suffer from tourettes]s. hope you had a better night then the crap i had thrown my way. fucking girls know how to ruin your fucking night when they want to.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #3 on: Jan 1, 2011, 08:53AM »

How is this for interesting then?

Noss says "fuck running antrx.com anymore, I can use the money to better purpose elsewhere."

No more antrx.

How does that grab you?

Happy new year ryan. I had a fantastic night too, a screaming 18 month old during the night does wonders for your sanity!

Just out of interest...how big is the forum database now?

Offline Pure_Sincerity

• post whore
  • noss is my father
« Reply #4 on: Jan 1, 2011, 10:01AM »
I drank a 40 kilo watermelon filled with 2 liters of vodka haha.

Well you can't exactly say it has died, I've seen a fare few new names around this site but they don't know what a search button is so nobody replies to their shit.

Anyway I'm the only person I know my age (16) that even has a car so when I hear that it Is shit I say fuck you where's your car ? ;)
U12 TRX
KA25DE
HIGH COMP
MEGASQUIRT
COILOVERS

Offline Habibosaurus

• YouTube King
  • Global Moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 1, 2011, 10:37AM »
Topic says it all

Lol and you two are the pinnacle of interesting threads ay?

it was bound to happen, no one wants to buy u12s or u13s anymore, i mean you can buy a wrx or supra or whatever the fuck you want for a few dollars now. the site was never going to be vibrant forever, at least it lasted longer than other sites. i tried to move it forward years ago but the damn site is so entrenched with u12s and u13s there is no way in hell it would ever expand especially when people can set up a forum about their left nut in 15mins for $5 a month, every man and his fucking dog runs a forum now, the internet is saturated with shit and know it alls that just make the whole experience leave a bad taste in your mouth. its a fickle place especially when you're trying to provide for a car no one gives a rats arse about.

anyway, happy new year [i seem to suffer from tourettes]s. hope you had a better night then the crap i had thrown my way. fucking girls know how to ruin your fucking night when they want to.

^^^
Is from a midget man who can't handle his drink  :P

Basically when the site was started, everyone was jumping into U12s and learning new things. Antrx Chips weren't around then. There was heaps of experiments by Ryan/Adam and so forth with Fuel Maps, Cams etc. Other members experimenting with FI (Bungs). Chri5 haunting WRX's with heavy launching!!

Fast forward to today and most members have moved on from the U12 having doing what they wanted to do with it or just having a daily. They've learnt what they wanted to and moved on.

In saying that though, its not completely dead as there are more and more newcomers (especially P Platers) who come here to learn and experiment however most don't make their appearance known that much.

There's still project threads that are floating around i.e; Chri5 love for Vtecs and Yellow, Laurence well setup U13 (which haunts him time to time with issues  :-X ) Ryan and his Attesa, Adam with his build and so forth.

If the youngins want interesting threads than make your own thread, engage in debates, do your own builds. Everyday we should learn something new so if you think its interesting post it up!!

You want interesting, I no longer have first or reverse in my car = 2nd gear launches (thank god the KA has some torque!!) and strategic parking FTW!!!  ;D

Won't be fixing it as my next car will be going to the compliance shop (right now chilling at Port of Brisbane) soon so hopefully have it on my driveway in a few weeks  ;)

« Last Edit: Jan 1, 2011, 10:40AM by Habib86 »
Ill fight you. May even throw a bar of soap your way. Maybe a few wax strips and some clip on brembo brake calipers for your fooly sic civic.

Offline Habibosaurus

• YouTube King
  • Global Moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 1, 2011, 10:38AM »
Anyway I'm the only person I know my age (16) that even has a car so when I hear that it Is shit I say fuck you where's your car ? ;)

All they have back at you is a GO CARD!!
Ill fight you. May even throw a bar of soap your way. Maybe a few wax strips and some clip on brembo brake calipers for your fooly sic civic.

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #7 on: Jan 1, 2011, 12:40PM »
Well I will keep updating my project thread anyway, even if no-one really reads it :P :)

Noss, my new years was good. Setup a $60 pool for Toys R us (with a filter and pump as well! so cheap!). Fit 6 or so adults all at once with water upto your neck :)

Not sure what I'm going to do with it now. The Mrs is just mopping the floor for me while I take a breather :P :)
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline Pure_Sincerity

• post whore
  • noss is my father
« Reply #8 on: Jan 1, 2011, 01:11PM »
As long as I own the corsair and continue to shame the heavy ass commodores I will continue to read through these performance and styling threads. :) currently still working on it, motor, suspension, air intake and appearance underway.

$60 is hell cheap budge.... I wander if 2011 is gonna go as fast as 2010 did :/ I'm gonna be all wrinkly and shit soon enough.
U12 TRX
KA25DE
HIGH COMP
MEGASQUIRT
COILOVERS

Offline lgee

• post whore
  • Attesa Racer
    • WheelTech Racing
« Reply #9 on: Jan 1, 2011, 05:50PM »
i will continue to post as well a lot of people dont post like Micka8 done heaps of stuff changed cars and all and doesnt post fuk all, but its for us really isnt it.

Offline Jecks

• antrx.com pit crew
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
    • antrx.com
« Reply #10 on: Jan 1, 2011, 09:08PM »
Except for the odd thread that is constantly updated, the site is more of a place for established members to keep in touch.
I encourage more youngins to join though, some of the questions certainly bring back alot of memories.
I'm sick of my knob going all floppy and loose in my hand  :P 
I've been on probation for 21 years, can't make a decision without consulting the wife first  ::)

Offline Vithy

• post whore
« Reply #11 on: Jan 2, 2011, 01:37AM »
i still keep an eye on this site daily and still keen to read the attesa project threads ppl have going.
I do miss my TRX tho and look forward to having my spare TRX running one i finish the auto to manual conversion as much epic fun the bluebird is i still miss the TRX.
"Noss is God"

Offline mendezcr

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #12 on: Jan 2, 2011, 01:23PM »
With all do respect..... This site i a huge way to find information and make connections over seas.. I bought a Bluebird like a year ago and if it wasn´t for this site I will be having a lot o trouble findings parts and sharing the love for the blueys - TRX´s - Stanza´s.
If this become like a web site for only a group of 10-20 guys well fuck it is the love we share for our cars what matters.
A lot of member from this website help me a lot with questions I had, a lot of people reply kindly not like other forums you ask something and they just send you to hell...

You al guys have a great website... Even thought I am in Costa Rica I support and value the effort you guys put on this...

Keep up the good work and Happy new  year to the ANTRX Family..

Regards,

Andres...

Offline dozer

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 2, 2011, 05:40PM »
still lovin it, and here most days.
update when i can but not a lot to update this time of year.
when not replying always reading others posts.

Offline thumbtack

• thats not gone well
  • rum country correspondant
  • post whore
  • fallaces sunt rerum species
« Reply #14 on: Jan 2, 2011, 09:56PM »
reading this thread makes me feel old
The old USSR had a single time zone. They had a hammer and sickle in the ground near the Kremlin much like a sundial.
Arguments raged for years as to what to call the timezone
Moscow Time?
Comrade Time?
In the end they all agreed.
Hammer Time.

the thumbtack corporation tm is not responsible for any injuries incurred as a result of thumbtack. any resemblance to any stationery, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Offline pedro666

• post whore
  • VET NEO VVL is how I roll...
« Reply #15 on: Jan 3, 2011, 11:07AM »
grumpy new year! , i feel older...
the words "race car" spelled backward still spell "race car"? 

skype_shannan801

Offline FuzzyDropbear

• antrx.com senior member
  • L26 Boost Junkie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 3, 2011, 06:22PM »

Then why don't you go and do something interesting to your car? Then there will be something interesting to read  :) Otherwise, the only interesting thing I did today was practise opening beers with my rattle gun and I burnt myself on paint stripper  :D

I only really troll nowdays and read the build threads cause there's not much I really want to do to finish off my U12 (other than an exhaust and lowering) because it's a comfortable daily and I'd rather spend my dollars fixing the datto. Luckily I've changed the timing chain and don't have to do that again!

There's quite a few TRX owners in Ballarat, but other than having a chat to me when we bump into each other in parking lots, they don't seem to be that interested in joining the forum. But I suppose that goes applies to most cars around the same age.

Anyway, happy new year everyone. I hope 2011 is filled with very, very few breakdowns (your cars that is)  :)
Datsun boys, we like 'em fast, so we drop 'em low, heavy on the gas!

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #17 on: Jan 3, 2011, 06:24PM »

holy shit! thumbtack outta nowhere!

since there was no activity on my black car at all last year, i plan on making huge progress on it now. just need to finish unpacking and setting up the garage.

Offline Pure_Sincerity

• post whore
  • noss is my father
« Reply #18 on: Jan 3, 2011, 07:18PM »
Well boys this noob will have a project thread next week, nothing major but my plans are underway :) will supply pictures of everything also :D I'm gonna look at obtaining roughly 95 to 100kw at the fronts, try anyway but I don't want nothing too powerful as I'm still on learners and shit :P
U12 TRX
KA25DE
HIGH COMP
MEGASQUIRT
COILOVERS

Offline weasel

• nsw local moderator
  • post whore
  • ooooweeeooooo
« Reply #19 on: Jan 3, 2011, 09:35PM »

Makes YOU feel old :P

I still frequent the site, i may not own my pintara anymore, but i loved that car, and this site had ALOT to do with that

what would you rather, a site that may not have 100 post a day but about 75% of them are decent posts which contain information that is relevant and the majority of people get along quite well

or a forum with every dick muncher on there posting about how sik they are and how your car is shit and theirs is so much better than yours

i know what i would prefer
« Last Edit: Jan 3, 2011, 09:36PM by weasel »
"Noss is God"

Offline Habibosaurus

• YouTube King
  • Global Moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #20 on: Jan 3, 2011, 09:40PM »
or a forum with every dick muncher on there posting about how sik they are and how your car is shit and theirs is so much better than yours such as Boostcruising

Fixed  ;D

Offline Pure_Sincerity

• post whore
  • noss is my father
« Reply #21 on: Jan 3, 2011, 09:50PM »
Fucking hate boostcruising. Either gotta own a SR, RB, 1J/2Js or V-Tecs etc or your a nobody, Ka's don't come into it.

Antrx FTW ! :P
U12 TRX
KA25DE
HIGH COMP
MEGASQUIRT
COILOVERS

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #22 on: Jan 4, 2011, 09:38AM »
No shit, how many U12's do you see on the road now?

This will happen to every forum, i'm starting to see the p platers (funny that im one myself) that just got their license and are posting on for $5 mods to get 300hp on the honda forums, where 3 years ago, I myself was seen as one of those kids who couldn't afford a B swap in my EG civic. It happened on here once upon a time, it still does sometimes and it will only get worse, what goes up must come down.

This forum for me has been the most memorable, i'm still on it posting my updates with my new projects, the people you meet on here, aside being an e-friend, you will probably stay in touch until you don't even care about cars anymore, some are lucky to have friendship beyond the forums and will remain friends for a long time, with the interest of a car or not.

Just because you own a KA24 doesn't mean your a nobody, your a nobody because you think a pod filter, exhaust and a tune is the best you can do, rebuild the fucker, unlock the potential the engine has, then we'll see if your still a nobody. That engine has potential to be rediculous. It still tempts me to play with one today after what i've seen/learnt through honda engines but there is no good chassis to run it in, the trx is fine. But the gearbox is fucking terrible, need to spend another 5k making ratios that actually match the engines powerband.

IMO, I'm still not involved in any forum as I am on this one, sure, i'm on ozhonda but beleive me none of them little fuckers like me one bit because I say it how it is and nobody likes a person like that. I still havn't found a forum to this day where I can confidently post up my build thread and have some valuable input/suggestions and not worrying about my car being seen by jealous [language filter smackdown]got eyes aka thief.
« Last Edit: Jan 4, 2011, 09:41AM by chr1S »
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline Habibosaurus

• YouTube King
  • Global Moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #23 on: Jan 4, 2011, 10:46AM »
Well boys this noob will have a project thread next week, nothing major but my plans are underway :) will supply pictures of everything also :D I'm gonna look at obtaining roughly 95 to 100kw at the fronts, try anyway but I don't want nothing too powerful as I'm still on learners and shit :P

http://www.antrx.com/smf/index.php/topic,18398.0.html

Nuff Said  ;D ;D

Offline Jecks

• antrx.com pit crew
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
    • antrx.com
« Reply #24 on: Jan 4, 2011, 10:54AM »
Looks like everyone here is still here because of the great community we have.
It may not be large, but its one that supports itself.

Im getting chills again about a TRX.
guess ill be on the lookout for a shell again.
I'm sick of my knob going all floppy and loose in my hand  :P 
I've been on probation for 21 years, can't make a decision without consulting the wife first  ::)

Offline theaussietroll

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
« Reply #25 on: Jan 4, 2011, 04:26PM »
i been floating around these fourms for a few months and i have to say its one of the most hmm non retarded fourms i have seen people here are really willing to give u a hand with anything u need even tho i dont post on here its cause i have nothing constructive to post im still learning about the car its still sitting unregistered in my yard as it has been for 6 months cause i have no cash free to do anything but the few times i have taken it out.. well it shits all over my VT commo and thats a 4k Vs 350$ and i pref the 350 and i tihnk a large part of that is because every single commo fourm is full of fully sick [i seem to suffer from tourettes]s who just know for a fact that there stock commo is better then ur stock commo where as here i can troll through and get productive info i love this site but thats just my 2 cents

Offline thumbtack

• thats not gone well
  • rum country correspondant
  • post whore
  • fallaces sunt rerum species
« Reply #26 on: Jan 4, 2011, 06:49PM »
holy shit! thumbtack outta nowhere!

BAM! haha.

ah i still lurk around, but sold my pintara about 3/4 years ago, so have nothing to contribute. not that my contributions were very helpful :P

i been floating around these fourms for a few months and i have to say its one of the most hmm non retarded fourms i have seen

thats because we've all been beaten into submission by sss/noss/budgie etc :P
The old USSR had a single time zone. They had a hammer and sickle in the ground near the Kremlin much like a sundial.
Arguments raged for years as to what to call the timezone
Moscow Time?
Comrade Time?
In the end they all agreed.
Hammer Time.

the thumbtack corporation tm is not responsible for any injuries incurred as a result of thumbtack. any resemblance to any stationery, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #27 on: Jan 6, 2011, 07:39PM »
Just out of interest...how big is the forum database now?

no idea the thingo is broken that tells me. i'm pretending that means that its not counted toward the quota lol. either way its a few hundred megabytes. early on i had to trim it, which was a shame because i think we lost some good info, but at the time webspace was really expensive and i was really poor.

thats because we've all been beaten into submission by sss/noss/budgie etc :P

maybe thats a problem i didn't get on top of, but lets face it, we had a bunch of 20yo's running a forum, testosterone sometimes gets in the way. now we have a bunch of late 20/early 30yos, a little bit more mature, lot more relaxed now.

How is this for interesting then?

Noss says "fuck running antrx.com anymore, I can use the money to better purpose elsewhere."

No more antrx.

this is also a very good point and i have considered it a few times over the last 2yrs, but the price of web hosting has come down, i have a little more disposable income, so why not just let it run, even if it does completely die in the ass. there is a lot of information on this site if you take the time to sift through it which would be a sad thing to lose.

all this however doesn't make it better that i got stuffed around on nye >:(

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline Sik_bb_trx

« Reply #28 on: Jan 7, 2011, 12:45PM »

Pintara's are the bomb but im to lazy to post up build threads, ive reached the end of my TRX build with my whopping 150 front wheel KW everything else I could do to get more power would cost to many $$ so ive defected to the RWD S14 possie sorry lads my pinnys being returned to stock and sold off in bits, fun while it lasted but front wheel drive ultimatley sucks,

I sit out on my porch at night with a beer dreaming of cross breading my TRX engine with my 910 bluebird chassis, then I remember that I picked up my 98 s14 for $3500 and realise theres no point wasting my time and money modified cars are just so damn cheap now days its not worth building one let alone building one you have to make everything custom for like the TRX, so im sure one day il get the bug for a FWD trx again but for now im going dark  :(,

Keep up the post but cos il be a lurkin  ;D

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #29 on: Jan 7, 2011, 05:08PM »
Shaun, are you able to put up a quick list of what you had so if others are embarking on NA builds then they can emulate your build to a degree?

Offline Sik_bb_trx

« Reply #30 on: Jan 7, 2011, 05:29PM »

Sure can:

The bottom end had stock crank and rods balanced with forged Pistons 11:1 comp ratio available from any good performace shop for around the $1100 mark

The head was fairly extensively ported and polished with port matched stock intake with the butterflies removed and the holes tig welded up,
The exhaust ports and combustion chambers were polished up to a mirror finish and the intake ports were opened up and finished with an 80 grit flap wheel
It ran a wade 290/290 solid profile billet cam with max lift, although cant remember the figgure right now
HD Brian Crower valve springs, about 30pound more pressure on the seat ( stock ones float at around 6500rpm I found)
O and J performance california solid lifter conversion, best thing I did by far,the stock lifters are crazy unreliable, every time I went to the track one or two would suck air and tap like a biatch
Custom made extractors because the ports were to big for normal after market ones
other than that I ran a Maxima AFM, 2.5inch mandrel bent exhaust, tuned stage 3 Chip ( Still ran really rich more power to be made with a tune) It had a JUN lightened flywheel, colder plugs, top gun race series leads and a few other things

If I was to continue hunting power I would be going for quad TB's for sure I think there are big gains to be made by freeing up the intake of the KA
For those who care My engine is up for sale for 2.5k or you can have the whole car for 4k

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #31 on: Jan 8, 2011, 06:58AM »
Props dude!!!! That's huge compared to the norm for ka24 power in this country, aspirated
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #32 on: Jan 8, 2011, 07:44PM »
Any pics of the extractors shaun?

Offline Sik_bb_trx

« Reply #33 on: Jan 8, 2011, 10:19PM »
Not really, they are steam pipe tuned length made them myself 4-2-1 design TIG welded and buried under a ton of heat wrap to try and keep underbonnet temp down so pics wont show much,

Its amazing how much meat can be taken out of the KA exhaust ports, they were close to 3mm bigger in diameter once porting was done and there was still heaps of thickness left in the head