Author Topic: bosch 040  (Read 1403 times)

Offline Bloodstained

• antrx.com senior member
bosch 040
« on: Aug 20, 2010, 07:36PM »
hey guys fuel pump packed it self the other day just got a 040 to put in the internal version just wondering if anyone has tried to put one in a pintara coz i cant get it too fit and im not sure if i really wanna block of the old sender holes drill a new one and running more tubing :S
adivce would be really appricted thanks guys

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
Re: bosch 040
« Reply #1 on: Aug 20, 2010, 08:38PM »
I put a walbro 255 in my black car years ago...fit right in.

Maybe now is the time to setup a surge tank and swap the 040 for an external version?

Offline Bloodstained

« Reply #2 on: Aug 20, 2010, 09:28PM »
I been looking on here some people say they hve got it In but yea if I can't I'll get an external one n a new stock one

Offline Bloodstained

« Reply #3 on: Aug 23, 2010, 12:02AM »
thought id up date this incase someone else needs to no in thefuture

to get the pump in u need short the orignal feed line cut it of roughly flush with the top then the hose needs to be cut so i covers the both the intake pipe on the cover and flare the edge so it dont leak clamp it tight as u can u also need to bend the bottom of the carrier up or cut it off we bent so we could cable tie the pump to it so it dont move around and then with a bit fiddling it should just drop in the pump...
note the pump has to be on a slight angel so it dont sit flush on the bottom of the tank and so u can acctually get it in the tank :)