Author Topic: blew a radiator hose passenger side, replacemtnt from?  (Read 1403 times)

Offline LUP15

• antrx.com senior member
  • formerly DIGITOBI
the car is giving me the shits lately. my radiator hose  on the right side has blown. does anyone know if there is a quick replacement that can be obtained? does the gtir one match up? i cant afford to be waiting a week just for a hose to come as i need the car for work...

i havent tried going to any shops with the hose yet as my next day off is on tues...
Project LUP15 <-- Click Here      ||      If you're an enthusiast in QLD or anywhere else, support it --> Lakeside Raceway

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
Re: blew a radiator hose passenger side, replacemtnt from?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 21, 2006, 08:53PM »
What kind of car do you have, and what engine is in it?

U13 with a SR20?
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline dave-trx

• post whore
  • hates everything
« Reply #2 on: Aug 23, 2006, 12:00AM »
Jono we have to be psychic these days to answer all the questions. No one gives info on what car they drive.
Your car may be able to go faster.
But I can go any where. except into a garage, underground carpark, bridge...

2 sticks and manual locking hubs. have to get out to drive it around
Good old Nissan.

KA's are the shit. According to all the info on the site, they are better then sliced bread and thats saying something.

I Got Baned for being a Total Assclown, Wanker, Tool, etc...

Offline LUP15

• antrx.com senior member
  • formerly DIGITOBI
« Reply #3 on: Aug 23, 2006, 04:49PM »
haha sorry... i keep thinking the only import bluebird is the u13  :-[

anyways an update on the situation. thanks to jimmy, i got a bottom hose from a bluebird with the sr20de engine. i didnt look at the pulsars, but im sure the length wouldnt be correct as they have different radiators.

the hose i got is the correct length but the bends are all in the opposite direction. but it still fit alright. ill get some pics when i put on the original one ive ordered from japan (at a cost of $80) ....

to add to my absolute frustration i had found the cause of the blown hose. my thermostat housing was corroded VERY badly. and as a result a small hole bout 1mm had been eating away at the hose. so i had to do a dodgy mend job by filling it up with some gasket sealant and put the hose clamp over the hole.

ordered a thermostat housing (available locally) for $80  :o which was the same as the gtir and i ordered a new thermostat (local as well and the same as ANY sr20det engine) to replace the old one while it was exposed at a cost of $30.

any of you who are doing a radiator flush, check your thermostat housing by taking the hose off. i couldnt believe how bad the condition was.
Project LUP15 <-- Click Here      ||      If you're an enthusiast in QLD or anywhere else, support it --> Lakeside Raceway

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #4 on: Aug 23, 2006, 09:35PM »
ah... I see your avatar says Digitobi. Yes I am blind :P
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!