Author Topic: U13 new dizzy fitted and now another problem  (Read 2295 times)

Offline JZX91-2JZ

• antrx.com pre-pewbie newbie
U13 new dizzy fitted and now another problem
« on: Jun 3, 2012, 01:57AM »
Hi guys first post so I've just picked up a 94 auto u13 ka24de needed a bit of work done and slowly getting through the list.

To cut to the chase had my my mechanic fit a new dizzy as the cas failed (no surprise to you lot I imagine) now the car runs well idles perfect until its under WOT or above 3000 rpm. I tried revving the car in neutral over 3000 too and same problem.

It feels like a fuel or ignition cut. Reading a few responses a few people have mentioned ecu? Is there a way I can reset it? I will call my mechanic on Tuesday but would like the car running right before then.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Sam

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
Re: U13 new dizzy fitted and now another problem
« Reply #1 on: Jun 3, 2012, 10:31AM »
Sounds like limp-home mode.

Re-set the ECU. There are US Nissan Altima factory service manuals online that tell you how to do it.

The distributor issue is common with the U13's.  Its almost always due to oil build up inside the distributor cap that damages the CAS sensor. A few people on here (including me) have simply drilled holes in the bottom of their dizzy cap to allow the oil to drip out, never had issues again. My U13 is daily driven with 205,000km and its original dizzy.

I hope your mechanic changed the oil seal between the head and the dizzy itself (not the one between the cap and the rest of the dizzy).
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist