Author Topic: My 1st Bluebird - Enjoy! - Was truly Evil :D  (Read 4931 times)

Offline EVLSSS

• antrx.com junior member
My 1st Bluebird - Enjoy! - Was truly Evil :D
« on: Jan 20, 2011, 05:00PM »
Hey guys just putting up some pics for anyone that wants to see em of my 1st Bluebird. Was sad wen she got stolen in Sept 08. Dont worry though im on a 2nd.... :D

Spec's were as follows when i started:
1991 EU12 Bluebird SR18Di FWD

Then i got motivated to unleash her potential:
SR20DET (from a W11 Avenier) T25/28 for quicker spool up.
Factory SR18 gearbox with no LSD
Lowered on Cobra Springs and Munro Shocks (shortened struts and springs)
Slotted Discs
2 1/4' exhaust (was on the car when standard and was gonna up to 3')
F & R Strutbraces
Almost complete Nolathane bushes replacement.
18' Lenzo RS5
R32 Front Spolier with custom side skirts.
15% Tints (illegal in NZ) but never had to rip em off. Lol guess i was lucky!

I think thats about it... oh i did manage to take her to the track and she pulled a 15sec flat on the 18' :P (Was a last minute thing, didnt have time to change to some half flat 195/60 R15's)

Heres the pics :D Enjoy...

Offline Pure_Sincerity

• post whore
  • noss is my father
Re: My 1st Bluebird - Enjoy! - Was truly Evil :D
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2011, 05:47PM »
Fuckin sweet.... Your my idol :D hahaha
U12 TRX
KA25DE
HIGH COMP
MEGASQUIRT
COILOVERS
INDIVIDUAL THROTTLE BODIES

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2011, 08:41PM »
Does look sick mate :)

... or rather, did... :(
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline Bloodstained

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2011, 08:57PM »
that looks hot mate sorry to hear.. some people are complete tossers ay  :'( love the matt black look makes it looks really jap imo

Offline BRUCE-TI

• QLD 5 Year Badge!
  • antrx.com full member
  • my car's just out of frame. To the left.<<<<
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2011, 06:51AM »
So is that a straight R32 front bar? As in just few mods and straight on?  If so, that opens up the whole bodykit options a bit more.  Up to 2000 wrx bar and now R32.  What more could we want.

Very nice by the way.  I do like the matt finish on some cars, and it suits yours. (well used to be yours)  By the specs, I would have thought better than 15 sec.  But depends on a lot of things obviously.  Track. Tyres.
'91 Pintara TI Saphire Blue with a unifilter and TSW VX1 Venoms.  Mild but soon to be wild.

"Under steer is where the nose of your car hits the wall and over steer is when the ass end of your car hits the wall. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2011, 12:57PM »
I can't believe how good matte black looks!

Was it matte or satin?

Offline EVLSSS

« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2011, 02:24PM »
She was mat all over. Quite liked it too myself. But was booked in for cert'ing and a midnight satin black only a week after she was stolen.

Offline EVLSSS

« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2011, 02:30PM »
By the specs, I would have thought better than 15 sec.  But depends on a lot of things obviously.  Track. Tyres.

Your right bruce she could've done a whole lot better. But it was actually my 1st run on the d-strip and i was surprised as to how slippery it was. Struggled to keep traction in 1st and 2nd!(remember no lsd in this build). And didnt want to blow the gearbox with a too hard of launch as it was my only way back home! :P

I have some footage somewhere, will have to do some digging to find it. We cant post clips on the forum i take it? If not ill post a youtube link.
« Last Edit: Jan 21, 2011, 02:33PM by EVLSSS »

Offline BRUCE-TI

• QLD 5 Year Badge!
  • antrx.com full member
  • my car's just out of frame. To the left.<<<<
« Reply #8 on: Jan 21, 2011, 04:29PM »
I know all about first runs and non LSD. Plus for the first timer you would think it would be sticky even on street tyres. But I know better now. What about the front bar EVIL?
'91 Pintara TI Saphire Blue with a unifilter and TSW VX1 Venoms.  Mild but soon to be wild.

"Under steer is where the nose of your car hits the wall and over steer is when the ass end of your car hits the wall. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

Offline Vithy

• post whore
« Reply #9 on: Jan 21, 2011, 06:24PM »
So is that a straight R32 front bar? As in just few mods and straight on?  If so, that opens up the whole bodykit options a bit more.  Up to 2000 wrx bar and now R32.  What more could we want.

Very nice by the way.  I do like the matt finish on some cars, and it suits yours. (well used to be yours)  By the specs, I would have thought better than 15 sec.  But depends on a lot of things obviously.  Track. Tyres.

yea also very curious as to how much if any modification was needed for the 32 bar??
"Noss is God"

Offline Pure_Sincerity

• post whore
  • noss is my father
« Reply #10 on: Jan 23, 2011, 12:34AM »
I'm pretty positive it's just filling in a rough estimate of a 1cm gap near where the front bar joins to the wheel arch with some simple fibreglassing, everything else should fit snug, correct me if I'm wrong, Im thinking of getting one myself.
U12 TRX
KA25DE
HIGH COMP
MEGASQUIRT
COILOVERS
INDIVIDUAL THROTTLE BODIES

Offline EVLSSS

« Reply #11 on: Jan 23, 2011, 08:48PM »
So is that a straight R32 front bar? As in just few mods and straight on?

My mistake Bruce and for all that wanted to know how i fitted the R32 front. She was a very basic R32 front (no side vents), i cant remember what model exactly as i grabbed it from a long ago 'closed down' autobody shop in nz.

Yeah a little fibreglassing work. If anyones done a little moulding/modification work, then you shouldnt have much trouble.
Flatten off the top and extend it so it fits nice and snug under the front filler panel. The sides were a little tricky. Had to take them back to the corner and give it more of a 90* as they kind-of pointed outwards. Each side then needed to be extended a few inches(i added extra in the middle of each side) with a slight mod to the wheel arch so it followed the general shape of the arch. That was probably about it.

Had to crab a few bumps and watch out for the dodgy driveways, but anyone with a little care in driving shouldnt have much to worry about the front scrapping. I would recommend putting a couple of braces from the bottom lip on to the front chassis for support and it will just help stabilize it.

Heres some of my other work - custom fitted Evo3 to Mitsi Mirage. Moulding work involved in this one.