Author Topic: Replacing Shocks and Springs  (Read 2177 times)

Offline awd2.0t

• antrx.com junior member
Replacing Shocks and Springs
« on: Sep 13, 2010, 08:55PM »
Hi Guys,

I need to change over my springs and shocks.  I've searched for a "How to" but haven't been able to find anything.  Is it an easy job for a basic back-yarder?  I can see the tops on all fours so that's looks easy enough, just not sure how to tackle underneath.

Is there anything else that should be changed at the same time? Bushes or something like that?

Cheers,
Sean.

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
Re: Replacing Shocks and Springs
« Reply #1 on: Sep 14, 2010, 12:09AM »
take wheels off, unhook break lines and undo 2x 17mm bolts.
You will want a spring compressor or something to hold the springs tight, otherwise you'll never get the springs over the strut.

nothing else that needs to be changed at the same time.  Its a pretty easy job really.

Offline Aceius

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
« Reply #2 on: Sep 22, 2010, 04:52AM »
just for gods sake be careful with a bound spring. jesus they're scary if the compressor slips off...

Offline awd2.0t

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #3 on: Sep 22, 2010, 04:26PM »
It worked out a lot easier than expected, as the whole strut came out and stayed together (Spring and Shock) without the need to use the spring compressor.

So it was just a matter of undoing the 17mm bolts, taking off the brake lines and unbolting the 14mm nuts on top of the struts and out they came and in went the new ones.

Just needed to be careful of the driveshaft boots.  & the rear sway bar was a little tricky to reconnect, but only needed another jack to lift up the wheel and take off the tension.