Author Topic: KA24DE into R31 Pintara  (Read 6668 times)

Offline jb.cool

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
KA24DE into R31 Pintara
« on: Nov 23, 2006, 10:29AM »
Hello guys!!

Haven't been on here for a while but I was looking at doing the above mentioned conversion. I did come across the other thread concerning this conversion but was hoping someone else would have some more info. I do have some KA24DE specific questions now that I need some answers to. BTW here is my current thread at R31 Skyline Club forum for this topic:

http://forum.r31skylineclub.com/index.php?topic=64635.0

So I have found out the following

1) With a bit of modification I could use a U13 KA24DE (want to because a U13 engine is the cheapest way to get a hold of a KA24DE)
2) An RB30 gearbox will fit onto a KA24DE (They use the RB30 gearboxes in USDM 240SX) (yay!! no custom x-member needed)
3) I need to move the dizzy forward. I also need to get a custom intake manifold and throttle body made up as the U13 will have it pointing the wrong way in RWD config.

Now my questions are as follows:

1) Can I move the dizzy on the KA further towards the front? I need to do this as otherwise in RWD config the dizzy is right against the firewall. It looks like you can as the 240SX has the dizzy at the front of the engine bay mounted on the side of the engine, just not sure if it is possible with the Aus FWD model.

I have other questions and will post them as I remember them.

Cheers!!
James

PS: Anyone got an R31 Pintara for sale (rolling shell is OK as engine is going to be ripped out anyway)?
Or a U13 KA24DE? Or an RB30 gearbox?
More Horsepower = More Money.
So How Fast Do You Want To Spend?

Offline greenbird

• antrx.com senior member
Re: KA24DE into R31 Pintara
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2006, 01:08PM »
Make life a hell of a lot easier for yourself....
If you want to do the KA24DE conversion, hunt down an engine from a Navara or a Terrano II.
That way you are starting with a Rear Wheel Drive engine, not messing around trying to convert a Front Wheel Drive engine to fit in a 'North-South' direction.
Changing the position of the Dizzy will mean that you will have to buy parts from the rear wheel drive version of the KA24DE anyway.
That's my 2c anyway.
Goodluck!
Dan.
93 U13 Bluebird
5 spd
Finer Filter, Hi-Flow cat & 2.25" exhaust
17X7 Concept 5 wheels
2 inch lowered King Springs

Offline dave-trx

• post whore
  • hates everything
« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2006, 01:56PM »
Look around for a written off D21 or D22 narava, easiest option by far. If you wanna use the U13 motor, source the parts for the rwd conversion off a navara engine.
Your car may be able to go faster.
But I can go any where. except into a garage, underground carpark, bridge...

2 sticks and manual locking hubs. have to get out to drive it around
Good old Nissan.

KA's are the shit. According to all the info on the site, they are better then sliced bread and thats saying something.

I Got Baned for being a Total Assclown, Wanker, Tool, etc...

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #3 on: Dec 7, 2006, 12:42PM »
yep couldnt agree more with the other guys.. shove the rwd head on the fwd block, but for the amount you'd spend, you might as well just buy a rwd ka24de

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline greenbird

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #4 on: Dec 7, 2006, 03:23PM »
Tomorrow (Friday) there's a burnt out, KA24DE powered D22 Navara going for auction at pickles auctions in adelaide...
93 U13 Bluebird
5 spd
Finer Filter, Hi-Flow cat & 2.25" exhaust
17X7 Concept 5 wheels
2 inch lowered King Springs

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 7, 2006, 11:35PM »
Check if the wiring loom and ecu are intact. If they aren't you'd have to source them.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline Bigvinnie

• antrx.com pre-pewbie newbie
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 08:28AM »
Look around for a written off D21 or D22 narava, easiest option by far. If you wanna use the U13 motor, source the parts for the rwd conversion off a navara engine.

Just a suggestion.....Those engines are rear oil sump and I don't know much about the R31 but it may need a front sump and oil pan just as the KA24e and DE's do on USDM 240sx's. If not then just minor modifying to the pan may work.