Author Topic: New Muffler, tinting, aircon questions  (Read 1758 times)

Offline csimpson

• antrx.com junior member
New Muffler, tinting, aircon questions
« on: Sep 2, 2007, 12:15PM »
Hey folks. 3 things today.

1. I'm looking to get my windows tinted, nothing outrageous, just slightly darker than standard. Does anyone know of a good reputable place in Sydney, and roughly how much it would cost?

2. I need to get my aircon regassed, I think. There's no temperature difference after you press the A/C button, but revs drop slightly. Does this mean the A/C pump is fine but there's just no gas?

3. I wouldn't mind looking into a new muffler, just to give the car a bit of a gruntier sound. Does anyone have experience fitting the R33 rear muffler, whether I can DIY it or i'll need to take it to a 'zorst shop?

I think that's pretty much it for today :) Oh, I've still got that odd ticking/rattling noise between 500-900RPM, and it appears again at roughly 2000RPM-2200RPM. Happens when the engine is both cold and hot. Any thoughts? It's coming from the rear of the engine on the left hand side, close to the firewall from what I can tell.

Thanks!

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
Re: New Muffler, tinting, aircon questions
« Reply #1 on: Sep 2, 2007, 01:37PM »
With regards to your air-con.

If the system has no gas left, the compressors clutch will not engage.  Stand with the door of your car open, car idling.  Reach in and turn on the A/C.  You should hear an audible 'click' as it engages.

If its still engaging, then there is still some gas in the system (I think) and it just needs a re-gas.
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline csimpson

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #2 on: Sep 2, 2007, 01:48PM »
Interesting, thanks for the note. I'll go try that in a few minutes and see what happens.

Offline wicked

• antrx.com senior member
  • U13
« Reply #3 on: Sep 2, 2007, 02:11PM »
I have a R33 muffler fitted on U13. One thing I've learnt is that R33 muffler is on the left side of the car, Bluey has it on the right. Hence, I've had the muffler intake re-routed onto the other direction and installed it flipped. You could probably fit it without flipping it too. R33 muffler is rare as lots of them are used for compliance. Look out for rust and corrosions when looking for one. I'll say do the whole exhaust cos the standard exhaust is restrictive, have a look at the right hand bends on the right rear side of the car.

As for tint, I've used 3M darkest tint (non metallic). It has great visibility even at night. I've requested about 10 different samples of tint (different brands), compared them side by side and chosen 3M. I've paid about $280 for a group tint of 3 cars in Brissy (single price is about 300+). Don't go for cheap $99 tint cos they will only last for a year or so before it turns purple or starts bubbling.

All the best.  :)