12 (40%)
geelong
6 (20%)
st. kilda
2 (6.7%)
port adelaide
10 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: AFL finals - who is going to win?  (Read 30134 times)

Damien

Re: AFL finals - who is going to win?
« Reply #90 on: Sep 23, 2004, 09:40AM »
yehr...just face it...brisbane still has the best team

Offline TRX_wnb

• antrx.com full member
  • No TV?!? whats all your furniture pointed at???
« Reply #91 on: Sep 23, 2004, 01:23PM »
the dockers or the eagles have the longest away trip sorry, perth being the most isolated state capital in the world.  Also, the extra money is to go toward player retention in the brisbane region as it is rather disconnected up there. 
You still think brisbane dont throw around there exorbatant amounts of money? how about them paying melbourne to go play a 'home' game up there...poor melbourne, they're like the homeless men of the game---you throw them a crumb n they com'a runnin'.

Finally, Big Ed did have a go at Sydney but their reasons are more legit than Brisbanes, extra money for higher cost of living in sydney.seems marginally fairer to me... :-\

how hot was judd's girlfriend!!!?!?!? ;) :D

Browny_r31

« Reply #92 on: Sep 23, 2004, 01:32PM »
cris judds gf..... SOOO HOT. damn i wish the tape didnt hold.

How does brisbane have the furthest to travel out of any team. 75% of games are played in vic. Its not far from brisbane to victoria every week. SA teams have to go much further then brisbane. Then the WA teams have to go further then any other state. Why dont they get extra money???

Offline TRX_wnb

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #93 on: Sep 23, 2004, 01:46PM »
because the western australian teams are set up well and they have the wafl over there.  whereas sydney and brisbane are in 'rugby dominated' territory thus are 'at risk' l

Browny_r31

« Reply #94 on: Sep 23, 2004, 01:48PM »
lol in other words they need to be successful teams otherwise no one will have interest in them. what a dumb idea

Offline Sticky

• Bad Luck Magnet
  • qld local moderator
  • post whore
« Reply #95 on: Sep 23, 2004, 04:08PM »
must be a victorian thing

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so f**king temperamental.

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan

Offline Tim-E

• antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • doof doof
« Reply #96 on: Sep 23, 2004, 05:31PM »
Its not far from brisbane to victoria every week.

yeh man, i can hop on my pushy and be at the MCG in no time  ::)
2.0L 4 -------> 3.0L 6. Does this mean a 4.0L 8 next?? or back to a 2.0L......turbo!

Offline Sticky

• Bad Luck Magnet
  • qld local moderator
  • post whore
« Reply #97 on: Sep 24, 2004, 07:52AM »
brisbane and sydney have to travel interstate for every away game, no other team does because they have two or more clubs

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so f**king temperamental.

Damien

« Reply #98 on: Sep 24, 2004, 08:51AM »
i think you'll find that adelaid is next door to victoria...and brisbane is up in queensland

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
« Reply #99 on: Sep 24, 2004, 10:51AM »
wow :o   thanks for that geography leason, I would have never known that if you didnt tell us damien :P

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #100 on: Sep 24, 2004, 11:11AM »
i think he was just assisting browny with his geography there tas.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline evenflow_trx

• antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • When the chips are down, the buffalo is empty
    • Antrx
« Reply #101 on: Sep 24, 2004, 03:39PM »
I'll be going for the lions tomorrow, hope they either:

a) thrash port adelaide, humilating them and making them weep after the game
b) winning by 1 point in the dying seconds and making them weep after the game

Browny_r31

« Reply #102 on: Sep 24, 2004, 06:38PM »
the only scray thing about port when they win is the amount of bogans that suddenly think they are cool with their mullets. yes i am a port supporter but not a bogan

Offline Sticky

• Bad Luck Magnet
  • qld local moderator
  • post whore
« Reply #103 on: Sep 24, 2004, 09:48PM »
u sure about that??  just jokn  :P

Go the Lions!!

Damien

« Reply #104 on: Sep 24, 2004, 11:38PM »
lol i got a friend who drives a commodore with cut springs and has a mullet...bogan centeral

Browny_r31

« Reply #105 on: Sep 25, 2004, 09:02PM »
hmm yes well it seem port has come up trumps. HELL YEAH!!!!  and people thought they would lose. HA!

btrw its 8 hours adelaide to melbourne sitting on about 120km/h on the freeway.

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
« Reply #106 on: Sep 25, 2004, 09:17PM »
well done to port!:)  however it was a rather poor game as far as skill goes from my (non bias) point of view. compared to the saints V power and lions V cats

btrw its 8 hours adelaide to melbourne sitting on about 120km/h on the freeway.

pfft. it took us 8 hours sitting on 110km/h, no need to speed!  :P

Offline TRX_wnb

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #107 on: Sep 25, 2004, 11:04PM »
pickett with the norm smith, damn i'm good! if only i had the money to put in my mouth id be a rich man...

THE lions have been reduced to KITTY LITTER!!!! its about time that the shoe was on the other foot, what about the punch ons??? lynch is just a pyscho, and seems to get away with it a lot, does he have something against the wakelin family?!?!? 10 points to hardwick for gettin under brisbanes nose and playing the game plan

Offline Tim-E

• antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • doof doof
« Reply #108 on: Sep 26, 2004, 12:16AM »
kitty litter? 3/4 premierships the lasy 4 years. yeh good one.
Credit to Port, they played awesome, lions played like absolute horseshit!

NEXT YEAR  :)
2.0L 4 -------> 3.0L 6. Does this mean a 4.0L 8 next?? or back to a 2.0L......turbo!

Offline RichTRX

• sth. oz local moderator
  • post whore
  • May the 4's be with you.
« Reply #109 on: Sep 26, 2004, 01:31AM »
yeah I didn't really expect Port to win, as they seem to crush under pressure, but they really held their game today and I think they really deserved to win the Premierships. I don't think Brisbane really took them seriously enough either, and thought they could just sit up there on their high horse and simply win the game by looking good, but too bad for them. And Ackermenace or however you spell it, he's just a dickwank... anyone see him bite that port player? That was funny. He got his head slammed into the ground for it though, which was also pretty funny.

Anyway, it was a good game, well done Port!
His: 2001 Audi S4 biturbo quattro 6sp, Nogaro Blue/black leather recaros, microsilver trim, bose 10sp, SSAC 2.5" twin turboback, RS4 rear sway, 25% tint

Hers: MY99.5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro GP Edition AVANT 5-sp, phantom black, black leather buckets/walnut/sunroof, 2.5" D&T Turboback, K04-015, N75J, 710N DV

Bro driving: 1990 Nissan Pintara TRX 5sp Red, 16" Rozzis, Lukey 4-2-1 ext, 2.5" full exhaust, hi-flow cat, cone cai, stg 3 chip,  low Kings, GT Gas shocks, Urethane bushings, slotted front rotors, 398000k and still going strong; 0-100 in around 7.2-7.4 seconds

Browny_r31

« Reply #110 on: Sep 26, 2004, 11:30AM »
pfft. it took us 8 hours sitting on 110km/h, no need to speed

in SA 120km/h isnt speeding  ;D

yes akka is the biggest wanker in the afl. Pushed the port player in the face right infront of goal so the call was turned around..... and then he acted like he did nothing. Was funny. Yeah i saw him bite the port players hand. thats why scofield (how eva u spell it) was ready to pound him.

Cant waitto see the results from the tribunal.

Late last night (at around midnight) when driving home there were so many people still yelling and screaming.

Offline Sticky

• Bad Luck Magnet
  • qld local moderator
  • post whore
« Reply #111 on: Sep 26, 2004, 12:41PM »
Go the Lions

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
« Reply #112 on: Sep 26, 2004, 01:14PM »
Cant waitto see the results from the tribunal.

hehe, i wonder what they will do with Alistair Lynch? seeing as he is retiring, he would have been suspended for a few weeks otherwise!

Offline Tim-E

• antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • doof doof
« Reply #113 on: Sep 26, 2004, 01:42PM »
ahhh when the game was lost i wanted them to send Lynchy on to knock some jaws off, seeing as he was retiring  :P

but alas, the Lions will be back next year  8)

oh and the most classic call coming from the commentary box was "its 1 point the difference....and thats the margin between the 2 teams"  :D anyone else hear that?

Browny_r31

« Reply #114 on: Sep 26, 2004, 02:37PM »

hehe, i wonder what they will do with Alistair Lynch? seeing as he is retiring, he would have been suspended for a few weeks otherwise!

if he get found quilt and sicne he has already annouced he is retiring he ill receive a fine instead of game penalties. It would have been better for him to say he wasnt going to retire then once the verdict of X amount of games is given, retire. Therefore he recieves no fine.

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #115 on: Sep 26, 2004, 03:41PM »
I think you might find that he will still get game penalties because if he comes out of retirement or doesnt retire then he will get off scott free so yeah i rekon they'll sill give him weeks...maybe even both. :-\
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
« Reply #116 on: Sep 26, 2004, 05:20PM »
but what happens if he hasnt fully retired from football and plays some games in the seconds? does a suspension carry over into that?   ::) :P

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #117 on: Sep 26, 2004, 08:08PM »
The way it works is if your suspended its however many fixtured games u cannot play. so im guessing if hes playing reserves then he will still have to wait however many games he gets before he plays again.

Put it this way...if your playing u18's and get reported and get a 4 week suspension you have to miss 4 weeks of any footy until your 4 weeks are up. So if you play u18's and seniors you cannot play seniors or u18s untill your u18 suspension is up. Which means if you get 4 weeks and theres a bye in those for weeks he will miss 5 weeks of all footy.

Hope that makes sense.

After talking with my old man about it, who was on the tribunal for the local footy league here, he rekons he'll get a fine and a suspended sentence.

Spose we'll find out in a few days  ::)
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline TRX_wnb

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #118 on: Sep 27, 2004, 06:04PM »
In the Herald Sun today, Mal Michael launched an attack on akermaniis and Brown saying that their ego's got in the way and lost the game.  It didn;t seem like his words had been twisted around to suit the media so what does everyone think of this???  Is it fair enough that finally someone admits that not all is rosy with the huge self esteem that certain people carry about? or is it just whinging from a team so used to success that it needs a scape goat to deflect the attention? or maybe its a combo of the two ??? :-\

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #119 on: Sep 27, 2004, 06:31PM »
what does it really matter if they lost? they've won 3 in a row.. egos could get in the way, especially after winning 3 in a row, because you know you are that good that you can win.. look at the canberra raiders back in the early 90's i think it was, they came along for their 3rd premiership in a row and the released shirts at stores saying they'd won 3 in a row before they even played the game!

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like