Author Topic: Nissans are from Mars, Commodores are from Uranus  (Read 11771 times)

Offline Big Pimp

• Commodore Relations Manager
  • antrx.com junior member
  • Prepar for fully sick pimpin'
Re: Nissans are from Mars, Commodores are from Uranus
« Reply #60 on: Jun 21, 2004, 09:58PM »
You have truly found a fully sick commodore Budge, it even has burnout wheels on the back for fully sick skids!

As for the Holden stickers I have to confess that I had one on my fully sick VC:-[(Let he who is without sin cast the first stone Ooh eeeh ouch!) But if you had such a rare car as a commodore you would probably get sick of people constantly asking you what kind of car you had. Or maybe they are saying it may be a VN but atleast its not a Lexen ;D

Offline Febrile

• Forum Predator
  • post whore
  • I like having thumbs
« Reply #61 on: Jun 21, 2004, 11:59PM »
One thing I don't like about Commodores, being bigger cars and all, is the fuel consumption.  Granted, the majority of the people on the forum here probably don't give a toss, being car enthusiasts and all, but still, you're looking at like twice the rate of consumption, compared to a Pintara, are you not?
Doo-woop-shoobie-doo-waah

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #62 on: Jun 22, 2004, 12:07AM »
I think a VS has a fuel tank about the same size as our cars Narxysus... 60 litres

And they can really chew the juice around town.  I think they get very good economy on the highway though.
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline Big Pimp

• Commodore Relations Manager
  • Prepar for fully sick pimpin'
« Reply #63 on: Jun 22, 2004, 01:59AM »
My fuel tank is 59L

I get shit house economy around town, about 400-500km per tank but when I'm on the highway I get great economy, probably cause I'm sitting on 1900rpm at 100km/h

Offline squid

• poosah
« Reply #64 on: Jun 22, 2004, 05:01PM »
commodores don't have that bad fuel efficiency, and i don't know how much your pintaras use but the commodore definitely doesn't use twice as much as my pulsar.

Offline FalconGuy

• antrx.com senior member
  • new kid on the block
« Reply #65 on: Jun 22, 2004, 05:18PM »
We hired a VT Exec in Adelaide and drove it across to Melbourne and right back up the centre to home, about 1800K all up from memory. It had amazing eceonmy for such a car, we were getting over 40MPG (assuming the speedo was right) out of it,but the suspension was quite scary, over 140 it would float, in the passenger side you could feel it and it was a relatively new car, 15000Km or so.

What I don't like about the Buick V6 is that is has no torque, I think its ~300Nm. Sure the power is good but the pulling nature of it, pah. The I6 from the falcon is good, with the new ones up to 380Nm and even the old XF I had had about 290Nm at about 2200, great tailout fun. The V6 to me just seems to lack grunt and its very hoary when you give it some, the old Holden Iron Block V8 however, nice design and real grunty. Esp the VN Group A, 220Kw from a 5.0L is bloody good work the only LS1 I've been in (VTII Calais) had alot of go, but only over about 2500.

Offline Bluprint

• antrx.com full member
  • 1990 Nissan R31 Series 3 Skyline Silhouette
    • Cruise Pics
« Reply #66 on: Jun 22, 2004, 10:08PM »
You can't discredit the whole V6 range after driving the most slaped together model ever made by holden. The ECOTECH heads gives the VS an extra 22kW (125 kW stock to 147 kW stock)

Not exactly right
there's other differences between the 'old' V6 and the ECOTEC V6
The VN version of the old V6 made 125kw, but that was refined up to 130kw with the VR
When ECOTEC came in it went to 147kw and with VX it went to 152kw
The differences between the 2 besides heads is the ECU, the ignition (computer controlled sequential replaced mechanical)
I'm pretty sure there's different injectors

etc etc......

Offline JIMB0

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #67 on: Jun 22, 2004, 10:29PM »
Well the head is where the most power increases can be made.