Author Topic: Been caught 45km + the limit ?  (Read 13385 times)

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
Been caught 45km + the limit ?
« on: Jan 30, 2007, 07:00AM »
What happened to you ?
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline Jecks

• antrx.com pit crew
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
    • antrx.com
Re: Been caught 45km + the limit ?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2007, 07:12AM »
ive never been caught that much over the limit, but, when you do, you will loose your lincence for 3-4 months, and on top of that you could loose it for another 6-12 months...

what u do??
I'm sick of my knob going all floppy and loose in my hand  :P 
I've been on probation for 21 years, can't make a decision without consulting the wife first  ::)

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2007, 07:36AM »
3 guesses. ;D
NA KA FTMFW!

Offline eurisko

• Frankenmotor Builder
  • post whore
  • Oldschool and Newstyle
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2007, 08:55AM »
3 guesses. ;D
NA KA FTMFW!

You guess correctly. But id say more along the lines of...

"See! I told you i could chop a Rexy!!  ;D   *Wooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww*  :o..... You think i can take highway patrol?"

:P

But in all seriousness, never been in the situation, but my mates have. My mate was done for doing 74 in a 50 zone (great western hightway, 5 mins before the end of the school zone). Got took his license for 3 months, got a 475 buck fine.

45km + is pretty much instantly loose your license for 12 months, plus something like a 1.5 - 2k fine. If your lucky.

EDIT: Just checked the RTA Website.... bad news chris....

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/rulesregulations/penalties/speeding.html

Demerit Point Scheme + Instant Fine

More than 45 km/h     6            $1,589

If convicted in court:

Offence                                        Court Maximum Fine                         Licence Disqualification
Exceed speed limit by:                      Light Vehicles               Heavy Vehicles

Not more than 15 km/h                      $2,200                          $2,200                            -

Not more than 30 km/h                      $2,200                          $2,200                            -

More than 30 km/h but
not more than 45 km/h                     $2,200                          $2,200                3 months (minimum)

More than 45 km/h                           $2,200                          $3,300                6 months (minimum)
« Last Edit: Jan 30, 2007, 09:06AM by eurisko »

The Nissubishda will live....

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2007, 10:27AM »
i've been done at 32km over, got a $500 odd fine and 3 months loss of licence.

only person i know that got done for that much over is jayjay, instant loss of licence for a year and $1500 or something. not cool.

most of us learn the hard way, but you have to learn sometime, $1500 and no licence generally makes you learn quick.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline Jecks

• antrx.com pit crew
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
    • antrx.com
« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2007, 10:30AM »
i've been done at 32km over, got a $500 odd fine and 3 months loss of licence.

all i have, is a picture in my head of you walking towards us, while we were waiting under the bridge at one of our VIC cruises...

Loved the pants...
I've been on probation for 21 years, can't make a decision without consulting the wife first  ::)

Offline TReX

• antrx.com full member
  • I call her Trixie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 30, 2007, 10:59AM »
A guy i knew got caught doing 120 in a 60 zone and then tried to take on the cops. He was lucky in the end, he lost his licence for 12 months and copped a $1000 fine

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #7 on: Jan 30, 2007, 12:01PM »
all i have, is a picture in my head of you walking towards us, while we were waiting under the bridge at one of our VIC cruises...

Loved the pants...

huh?

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #8 on: Jan 30, 2007, 12:08PM »
huh?

indeed... what are you on about jecks :P
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline Jecks

• antrx.com pit crew
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
    • antrx.com
« Reply #9 on: Jan 30, 2007, 12:08PM »
after Noss walked up to us at about 12.45 we had a quick chat about his walking exploits

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #10 on: Jan 30, 2007, 12:11PM »
lay off the drugs dude!

edit: i think i understand, but maybe not.
« Last Edit: Jan 30, 2007, 12:13PM by noss »

Offline Ammerty

• post whore
  • GT - AHHHHH!!
« Reply #11 on: Jan 30, 2007, 12:35PM »
last year i got caught drink drivin (3 times over the legal limit, what an idiot!!) and got 3 months coz it was my first offense, n the i got caught the day after my suspention was over driving, i was on my P plates so i have to do all some of the tests to get my licence back, the biggest speeding fine i have ever had was 22 ks over, on a highway, i only got 2 demerit points and $500 fine, wasn't vary bad. but that was 2 years ago and now they have the "hoon" thingo.
Quote from: SECLUDED

When are you not drunk Ammerty...lol  ::) ;D

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #12 on: Jan 30, 2007, 04:43PM »
well,

this is my first offence so we'll see.

i have to appear in court :(. they took my license (the card) on the spot, i never got it back...

because im a p-plater, this is going to fire up nicely.. i can see the magistrate flaming me with "do you watch the news?" "do you think you can drive like a hero?"

meh.. i felt perfectly safe doing that speed but oh well. Not on the st... on the track next time.

i don't know what i want to do with my car, it makes me speed :(.
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

Offline hrmmmm

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 30, 2007, 05:13PM »
Oh well, lesson learned the hard and expensive way.

If you'r car makes you want to speed maybe you should drive a slower/less powerful car until you can control your urge to go fast, race f00ly sics on the street.

There is a time and place like you said to go fast and it is on a track in a somewhat controlled environment.

Also just because you said you felt safe going that fast dosn't mean you are, one slip (hit some gravel etc) and it is all over red rover.

I must say though that it is a shame, seeing as you just spent x amount of dollars on your engine.

Offline rathies

• I may be going to hell but I'm going in a 4BY
  • post whore
  • Patrol of Doom coming soon
« Reply #14 on: Jan 30, 2007, 05:24PM »
ouchies. you non WA people got it harsh.
41k's over: 'why were you going to fast' 'over taking that guy on the moped who speed up but i still annihalated him'  'Do you know him' 'yea i work with him'  'alright $350 and 4 points'

29k's over: 'why were you going so fast son'  'didn't see the road works signs'  'oh well look out in future, $250 and 3 points'

'31k's over: 'why were you going so fast son'   'ahh..felt like it'  'was that corolla your mate there'  'no sir'  'well your a stupid fuck you got a carload of mates'  'agreed'  'well thats $250 and 3 points thank you very much'

No I dont want commendation.
I still dont believe that speed kills either, just not knowing the limits of your car. And of course speeding when its appropriate.
« Last Edit: Jan 30, 2007, 05:41PM by rathies »
Previous rides: KA24ET TRX,  2000 GUII Patrol 4.2 td, AntrxWA whore TRX owner 4/5, 99 Landrover Discovery TD5
Current Ride(s):  91 GQ Patrol ST-3 RB25DET Converted :)

Offline xxxx

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 30, 2007, 05:32PM »
exactly how much over the speed limit did u get caught at?
Noss you look like a cereal killer ;D

well not our fault that saantrx is gay as

Offline dave-trx

• post whore
  • hates everything
« Reply #16 on: Jan 30, 2007, 05:48PM »
Chris not good mate, I am not going to tell how stupid that speed is. Everyone speed's, you were just unlucky enough to get caught.

Chris and all the rest of the guys on here who live in capital city's. Because there is a huge population in one area the goverment puts more cops and speed camera's. Use have more of a chance of getting caught then people in the rurual areas. The Goverment dont give a shit about the country areas. All it comes down to is EASY MONEY.
Your car may be able to go faster.
But I can go any where. except into a garage, underground carpark, bridge...

2 sticks and manual locking hubs. have to get out to drive it around
Good old Nissan.

KA's are the shit. According to all the info on the site, they are better then sliced bread and thats saying something.

I Got Baned for being a Total Assclown, Wanker, Tool, etc...

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #17 on: Jan 30, 2007, 06:08PM »
I got booked just before christmas for doing 80km/h in a 60 zone, but I was only doing about 70km/h. The cops weren't on the same road, I was on a service road and they were on an off-ramp which was about 30° to the road I was on.

But the fastest speed I've legitimately been caught doing is 75 in a 60.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline Ammerty

• post whore
  • GT - AHHHHH!!
« Reply #18 on: Jan 30, 2007, 06:12PM »
lol the magistrate normally steps into court and for 5 minutes he sounds good but after that you can tell the guy /girl hates his/her job, when i got done the guy walks in n sounds like a monotone robot. lol poor batards, i felt more sorry for them rather than me standing there gettin prosecuted, he deals with the same shit every day!

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #19 on: Jan 30, 2007, 07:45PM »
Chris and all the rest of the guys on here who live in capital city's. Because there is a huge population in one area the goverment puts more cops and speed camera's. Use have more of a chance of getting caught then people in the rurual areas. The Goverment dont give a shit about the country areas. All it comes down to is EASY MONEY.

In teesdale dave, 30km outside geelong... the cop there has said to me in person after pulling me over in the Bluebird

"obey the 80kmph and 60 zones around town and I really don't care if your doing 120 or so on the highways around here, just do NOT speed through my town again mate"

Then let me off with a warning after I dropped the names of my girlfriends parents who live in teesdale :)  What a champ :)
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #20 on: Jan 30, 2007, 07:59PM »
thanks for rubbing it in more ryan :P

i just want this court case to happen.

Offline rathies

• I may be going to hell but I'm going in a 4BY
  • post whore
  • Patrol of Doom coming soon
« Reply #21 on: Jan 30, 2007, 08:05PM »
nah they kill you with suspense for a few weeks.
Previous rides: KA24ET TRX,  2000 GUII Patrol 4.2 td, AntrxWA whore TRX owner 4/5, 99 Landrover Discovery TD5
Current Ride(s):  91 GQ Patrol ST-3 RB25DET Converted :)

Offline Ammerty

• post whore
  • GT - AHHHHH!!
« Reply #22 on: Jan 31, 2007, 12:40AM »
yeah, its funny when you sit in there n you see all the other guys gettin prosecuted, you also get to hear what they did, this one dude was in there coz he was drunk trivin, and when the cops stopped him he got pissed off and one thing led to annother and he got arrested for public nudity, lol

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #23 on: Jan 31, 2007, 09:21PM »
it's only been two days and im already feeling the effects of it...

let me just say, don't bother street racing, yes it might be fun and cool when you win, or race something you've never taken on before, but man.. it's not worth it...

it makes me think now, all that money i spent on my car to be quick, what for ? I got to unleash it once and i got done for it...and big time...

i've made the decision i need to sell my car, it's too tempting to just full throttle first and second, the feeling of being pumped back into the seat and listening to WOT is too hard to refuse.. im being serious.. i'll loose my license again if i keep it.. it's not a matter of controlling myself..

because you see with me, i have a problem, when people laugh at what i own or have a passion for, i get cut and defensive... i'll prove myself.. how do you prove yourself in a car ? you give it what it's got... so being like that, im sure another hero will pull up next to me and have a quick smirk at the car... or better still ask me "what u got?" ill go him, and probably get done again...

i need to settle down, now at a young age, organise my funds to something that will help me later on, spending 8-10k on a car is just going backwards, it's not something i like to do, even though it was a good experiance and learning curve. i gotta smarten up.. life's getting too hard to fuck around.

Offline eurisko

• Frankenmotor Builder
  • post whore
  • Oldschool and Newstyle
« Reply #24 on: Jan 31, 2007, 09:40PM »
The smartest thing ive ever heard you say bro.

*shakes head*

But think of it this way.... better learn like this.... than me reading about another dead teenager in the paper....  :'(

The Nissubishda will live....

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #25 on: Jan 31, 2007, 09:42PM »
yeh, im glad for that..

i went around a corner that night very fast, in 3rd, and the car went sideways with wheelspin... i hope he didn't see that, or get it on camera.. but yeh.. i still felt in perfect control of the car.. but it's not that that could of munched me.. if a dog or someshit ran across the road and i hit it, i'd be stuffed...

Offline borgtj

• antrx.com full member
  • Transmission Maniac!
    • Sector 4059
« Reply #26 on: Jan 31, 2007, 11:09PM »
Got popped doing 124 mph in a 65 by the state police,ran right into his radar his lights was on before I even got near him,blew by him and when I finally pulled over he said it took him 10 miles to catch me.2 week loss of D.L.,680$ fine and 3 years of 1500 a year for my insurance.
" the stupid shall be punished "

Offline xxxx

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #27 on: Jan 31, 2007, 11:31PM »
dude, you got lucky! over here if u were breaking the speed limit by 100kph you probably wouldnt see youre license for a good 2-3 years!

whats does the average american speeding ticket cost? for say going 40mph in a 30mph area?
Noss you look like a cereal killer ;D

well not our fault that saantrx is gay as

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #28 on: Feb 1, 2007, 08:37AM »
i need to settle down, now at a young age, organise my funds to something that will help me later on, spending 8-10k on a car is just going backwards, it's not something i like to do, even though it was a good experiance and learning curve. i gotta smarten up.. life's getting too hard to fuck around.

Why do you think it is taking me so long to build my U12? Simply because i have more important priorities; the car is a hobby, and always will be. That's the way i look at it in the long run.

Offline borgtj

• antrx.com full member
  • Transmission Maniac!
    • Sector 4059
« Reply #29 on: Feb 1, 2007, 10:52AM »
dude, you got lucky! over here if u were breaking the speed limit by 100kph you probably wouldn't see you're license for a good 2-3 years!

whats does the average American speeding ticket cost? for say going 40mph in a 30mph area?
I believe it is around 217 bux,plus costs.Its the insurance going up that kills you because it makes you high risk.