Author Topic: P plater fatality's  (Read 17201 times)

Offline EliseVL86

• antrx.com junior member
Re: P plater fatality's
« Reply #60 on: Jan 1, 2007, 01:51PM »
In the first car I had, the handbrake didn't work...very well anyway...it was possible to drive around with the handbrake on and it had no obvious effect on the driving of the car. Don't think it would've done much good for the brake though. The car wasn't anything special though. Certainly made me feel safe  :-\

Offline fiatman

« Reply #61 on: Jan 1, 2007, 02:54PM »
haha my rear brakes arent even conected but i was impressed with both feet on the pedal today i got my car to lock one wheel and yes it was a front wheel i think only one of the fronts work cause it pulls quite a bit(to the right) when braking hard

Offline EliseVL86

« Reply #62 on: Jan 1, 2007, 03:34PM »
Mmmm a mate took me for a drive in his old skyline whilst I was still on my Learners, and when braking it didn't feel quite right and there was a horrible grating sound or something, was mortified when we stopped and he told me that his brakes didn't work properly. I'd only been driving for a couple of months or something like that, he really shouldn't have let me driven it, I could have been in an accident or something. There was something wrong with just about everything in his car heh. And he let a learner drive it!  :(

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #63 on: Jan 1, 2007, 04:07PM »
both feet

rofl !  ;D
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline rathies

• I may be going to hell but I'm going in a 4BY
  • post whore
  • Patrol of Doom coming soon
« Reply #64 on: Jan 1, 2007, 04:29PM »
thats pretty piss poor lol. I can get both fronts locked with minimal effort.
Previous rides: KA24ET TRX,  2000 GUII Patrol 4.2 td, AntrxWA whore TRX owner 4/5, 99 Landrover Discovery TD5
Current Ride(s):  91 GQ Patrol ST-3 RB25DET Converted :)

Offline xxxx

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #65 on: Jan 1, 2007, 04:38PM »
well the fiat has a total of 1 working brake out of 4! imagine braking at 25% efficiency  ;D
Noss you look like a cereal killer ;D

well not our fault that saantrx is gay as

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #66 on: Jan 1, 2007, 09:06PM »
That isn't really something to be proud of.

Fix your brakes before you kill someone.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline fiatman

« Reply #67 on: Jan 2, 2007, 02:36PM »
yeah i will but i have no money at the moment.i rely heavily on it being manual besides i can stop eventually so i reckon i need more power before brakes  :P

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #68 on: Jan 2, 2007, 03:14PM »
yeah i will but i have no money at the moment.i rely heavily on it being manual besides i can stop eventually so i reckon i need more power before brakes  :P

That is the SINGLE most stupidest thing i have read, EVER.

Let me guess, a P plater that has just got his license and thinks that he is invincible? I sure as hell hope that you don't live in victoria.

Offline JelloBello

• Attesa Driver
  • west oz local moderator
  • post whore
  • Got Pastie?
« Reply #69 on: Jan 2, 2007, 03:18PM »
Gotta agree with you there SSS... only i hope he doesn't live in WA :)

what happens if a little kid jumps out from behind a car on the side of the road as you drive past?

...you get a frigen dead little kid.

I would seriously reconsider driving your car until you get the brakes working.
1994 u13 SSS Attesa ftw. Project thread here
13.876 @ 98.83mph

Offline hrmmmm

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #70 on: Jan 2, 2007, 03:34PM »
Gotta agree as well, I have heard some stupid stuff but driving with only possibly one brake working. STUPID. I suggest you get it fixed and get your prioritys right fiatman, more power is no good to you if you are lying in hospital or dead cause you only had abrake on one wheel.
     The first thing me a dad did when I got my car was do the brakes. The car stopped but we wanted to make sure everything was good just for safetys sake.

Offline eurisko

• Frankenmotor Builder
  • post whore
  • Oldschool and Newstyle
« Reply #71 on: Jan 2, 2007, 03:36PM »
I dont like the idea of rear drums... so much so im changing them to rear disks.

And not only that, before i even STARTED my modifications on my engine, i already bought the twin pot front caliper brakes from the HNU12, because i place SAFTEY first!

This was from a car whos brakes were the only thing that worked spot on. Less than 1/2 pedal effort could easily lock up both front wheels.

Ive been in a few near misses *knock wood* and only been saved by the skill of the driver coupled with the braking ability of the car. Get that shit fixed right now. It costs 45 bucks for a set of new pads, and maybe 60 or so bucks to machine your disks. How about you sacrifice one case of beer and an outing to a club before we see you wrapped around a fucking pole. Or maybe you might be the lucky bastard that survives after slamming into an oncoming car, killing an entire family.

>:(

Smited.

The Nissubishda will live....

Offline EliseVL86

« Reply #72 on: Jan 2, 2007, 05:04PM »
Get that shit fixed right now. It costs 45 bucks for a set of new pads, and maybe 60 or so bucks to machine your disks. How about you sacrifice one case of beer and an outing to a club before we see you wrapped around a fucking pole. Or maybe you might be the lucky bastard that survives after slamming into an oncoming car, killing an entire family.

>:(

Smited.

I agree with eurisko. Driving with 1 brake working is just plain stupid. The amount of people driving around with their cereal-box licenses is phenomenal, don't put yourself and others in danger like that
« Last Edit: Jan 2, 2007, 05:21PM by EliseVL86 »

Offline xxxx

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #73 on: Jan 2, 2007, 05:53PM »
settle peeps, settle, his brakes do not literally work at 25% thats an exaggeration its just a joke we have between us because my pintara brakes are so much better. I would say they work as well as any other car made in 1982 I can vouch for the fact he has gone and gotten a full brake inspection and adjustment quite recently, all they could come up with was that a small mechanical mechanisim isnt properly functioning that evenly distributes braking force between front and rear. The car still stops plenty well for normal driving and i wouldnt even travel in his car if i didnt think the brakes were worthy.  They just arent comparible with my power assisted 4 wheel disks with brand new pads and freshly machined disks. That is all.

...end rant//
Noss you look like a cereal killer ;D

well not our fault that saantrx is gay as

Offline dave-trx

• post whore
  • hates everything
« Reply #74 on: Jan 2, 2007, 06:28PM »
I dont like the idea of rear drums... so much so im changing them to rear disks.
Rear drums dont really bother me since the rear brakes in general do bugger all work, compeard to the front's.
Work utes rear drums do virtually nothing with no load in the back. Trust me I had to drive a old bravo which had a dodgy load proportioning valve, It isn't fun to drive with rear brakes that keep locking up.

Brakes are the one thing, that I will no go cheap on. They are under extreme pressure from heat, so please people. Please think a little more in future.
Your car may be able to go faster.
But I can go any where. except into a garage, underground carpark, bridge...

2 sticks and manual locking hubs. have to get out to drive it around
Good old Nissan.

KA's are the shit. According to all the info on the site, they are better then sliced bread and thats saying something.

I Got Baned for being a Total Assclown, Wanker, Tool, etc...

Offline eurisko

• Frankenmotor Builder
  • post whore
  • Oldschool and Newstyle
« Reply #75 on: Jan 2, 2007, 06:43PM »
Unfortunately i dont take something as serious as brakes "lightly"... pardon the pun. They arent something to joke about, particularly when some people are actually silly enough to read these things and believe them.

I dont care what you do when your driving, you could be driving upside down, on your mobile, while getting a blowjob for all I care. But as soon as there is someone else that shares that road, your responsibility suddenly jumps to 100%.

Driving isnt a joke, and cars arent toys. How long will it take people to fucking realise that? *shakes head*

Offline fiatman

« Reply #76 on: Jan 2, 2007, 08:02PM »
fuck off guys do you really think i was being serious

Offline rathies

• I may be going to hell but I'm going in a 4BY
  • post whore
  • Patrol of Doom coming soon
« Reply #77 on: Jan 2, 2007, 08:10PM »
this is the internet man, screwing around is not allowed.

/end sarcasm.
Previous rides: KA24ET TRX,  2000 GUII Patrol 4.2 td, AntrxWA whore TRX owner 4/5, 99 Landrover Discovery TD5
Current Ride(s):  91 GQ Patrol ST-3 RB25DET Converted :)

Offline JelloBello

• Attesa Driver
  • post whore
  • Got Pastie?
« Reply #78 on: Jan 2, 2007, 08:11PM »
well... yes.

what where we meant to think? You have to remember that this is an online forum and that we don't know about all your little jokes  :-\

well the fiat has a total of 1 working brake out of 4! imagine braking at 25% efficiency  ;D

so i reckon i nyeah i will but i have no money at the moment.i rely heavily on it being manual besides i can stop eventually eed more power before brakes  :P
13.876 @ 98.83mph

Offline hrmmmm

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #79 on: Jan 2, 2007, 08:47PM »
Fiatman you can't joke around with something as serious on your car as brakes. As Jello said how are we supposed to know that yoou are kidding. Also if you had no brakes you may as well change your name to flatman, cause thats how you would end up.
I would have to say overall I am shocked that you would lead us to beleive that your car haad no brakes.

P.S no offence is intended but it is/was a serious issue.

Offline 2.4_PINNY_T

« Reply #80 on: Jan 3, 2007, 11:48AM »
wow, my car has brakes but they like to scream there guts out when ever they are being used and want attention.
\\\ |- IF YOU ARE GOING TO TOUCH ME >> YOU BETTER HAVE THE MONEY ALREADY OUT!! -|

Australia says No to Pauline Hanson

Offline dave-trx

• post whore
  • hates everything
« Reply #81 on: Jan 15, 2007, 09:29PM »
What do people think of the new P plater law's, Do you people think they will work.
Your car may be able to go faster.
But I can go any where. except into a garage, underground carpark, bridge...

2 sticks and manual locking hubs. have to get out to drive it around
Good old Nissan.

KA's are the shit. According to all the info on the site, they are better then sliced bread and thats saying something.

I Got Baned for being a Total Assclown, Wanker, Tool, etc...

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #82 on: Jan 16, 2007, 12:52AM »
What stupid regulations are they bringing in now?

I don't make a habit of reading up on Victorian licence restrictions :P
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline EliseVL86

« Reply #83 on: Jan 16, 2007, 01:12AM »
Next thing we know they'll be telling us what colour car to drive or something. Because some are more easily seen and some are harder to see and are in more accidents...bah

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #84 on: Jan 16, 2007, 10:11AM »
im even more annoyed...

if we get caught speeding, we loose our license on the spot for 3 months, and if done again, we loose it for a year.

how easy is it to speed without realising it seriously... anyway.

we can't have a passenger in the car under the age of 21 after 11pm. MORE bullshit.

It's funny though, they spend how many millions of dollars creating and developing this campaign, "if you are going to a party and you know there is drinks, set a designated driver who will not" What happened to that ? GORNESKI's... who the fuck goes home from a party at 10:30 LOL ?

I think, p platers will just start ripping their plates off.

I heard that they might be scraping the turbo law. I'm not sure though.
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline bogan_bob

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #85 on: Jan 16, 2007, 12:25PM »
HAHA, move to SA, the drive what you want, when you want state (while on P's)  ;D Well unless things have changed since my time  :P

Losing license on the spot is pretty bad, although 3 months isnt as bad as if u finally lose your license in SA - 6 months i think ???

And if you cant have passengers in the car after 11, i reckon that ll cause more drink driving.

HOW ABOOT MORE DRIVER EDUCATION??

http://ozvr4.com - check it out :)

Offline JelloBello

• Attesa Driver
  • post whore
  • Got Pastie?
« Reply #86 on: Jan 16, 2007, 12:33PM »
Thats sounds retarded.... what sort of difference is the age of your passenger going to make (...peer pressure i guess).

and am i right to assume that even is you're say 1-9km/h over the limit that you lose your license?

What...The...Hell? This really doesn't address the problem, as talked about many times here on Antrx, driver training. When will the state governments stop slapping on bandaids and start thinking about the actual problem?

I hope WA doesn't plan on bringing out anything like this, especially turbo related :(
13.876 @ 98.83mph

Offline SAIUN

• antrx.com junkie
  • ~(> ^_^)>
« Reply #87 on: Jan 16, 2007, 05:33PM »
As far as I know, WA is only getting the passenger limit law, but it'll only apply to people who get their P-plates after July 1st, 2007. Don't ask me how they're going to enforce that, because I have no bloody clue.  :-\

The only other thing is they're having a trial period here of making L-platers do 60 hours on their logbooks, with the view to eventually increase that to 120 hours. Doesn't affect those of us who already have their license.   ;D
Current mods:
ANTRX.com KA24E Stage 2 ECU chip (5kW)
ANTRX.com sticker (30kW) ;D

... that's about all.

Offline eurisko

• Frankenmotor Builder
  • post whore
  • Oldschool and Newstyle
« Reply #88 on: Jan 16, 2007, 06:59PM »
Itl be printed on their licences. The same as if you need glasses, etc.

Thats the easiest way.

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #89 on: Jan 16, 2007, 08:25PM »
The only other thing is they're having a trial period here of making L-platers do 60 hours on their logbooks,
We here in SA have to do 50 hours already.
mr 4ut0m4t1c d0r1fft0000 p1nny 0n ga5 w17h cu5t0m u13h su8w00f3r!
When i'm cruisin' wit my bitches and G's ready to pop a cap in the ass of some fool who thinks he's bank by takin' my corner of the block....  ::)