Author Topic: New Owner  (Read 3338 times)

Offline muss

• antrx.com pre-pewbie newbie
New Owner
« on: Aug 5, 2010, 11:58AM »
Hey all

I bought a 92 U13 with 140,000k on it about a month back for $1900 had to replace all the tyres, the rear window and off i went, two days into driving it i blew the turbo when the waste gate failed and the impella seized at 20+psi I looked around for a cheap fix but ended up handing it over to the guys at the Brisbane Tuning & Turbo Centre and should have it back tomorrow (1200 bucks to repalce the turbo)

so with rego, the tyres, new stock front struts (the ones on it are just way to low) and the replacement turbo my little bird is now a $4000 car but i am pretty happy with that considering how much fun it was to drive before the turbo went boom.

I have a two quick questions
The dash lights are out, i thought it might be a fuse but when i checked the fuse box I could not identify the correct circut as its all in japenese i checked all of them but did not seam to find anything blown has anyone had issues with their dash lights and has anyone pulled their dash apart to check bulbs?

The power mode selector has power, econ and hold am i correct in assuming the hold option limits power, thats what it appears to do.

Thanks Muss

Offline muss

• antrx.com pre-pewbie newbie
Re: New Owner
« Reply #1 on: Aug 5, 2010, 04:20PM »
Well Crappers the mechanic has found some major damage in the cams (the new turbo's already on) and now I have to put a second hand / recoed head on thats another 2k

thinking of cutting my losses anyone want to buy a u13 in brisbane for 2500 its got rego till jan if you get an rwc and has just had a replacment turbo fitted..

you just need to do the head

send me a message if your interested
« Last Edit: Aug 5, 2010, 07:12PM by muss »

Offline BRUCE-TI

• QLD 5 Year Badge!
  • antrx.com full member
  • my car's just out of frame. To the left.<<<<
« Reply #2 on: Aug 20, 2010, 11:34PM »
Pity i did not read this sooner. Good luck with the sale.  Or maybe prolong it a bit and see what fun a 6 grand car can get you.
'91 Pintara TI Saphire Blue with a unifilter and TSW VX1 Venoms.  Mild but soon to be wild.

"Under steer is where the nose of your car hits the wall and over steer is when the ass end of your car hits the wall. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

Offline turbobird

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #3 on: Aug 28, 2010, 10:46AM »
Well Crappers the mechanic has found some major damage in the cams (the new turbo's already on) and now I have to put a second hand / recoed head on thats another 2k

thinking of cutting my losses anyone want to buy a u13 in brisbane for 2500 its got rego till jan if you get an rwc and has just had a replacment turbo fitted..

you just need to do the head

send me a message if your interested

Sorry to hear that. We have 91 and 94 attesa's and I paid 7k for mine...well worth it to we reckon. There's not a whole lot of these cars around anymore and a fantastic car when going right. Sadly mine is worse now then when i bought it because mechanics this way dont understand the car and have wrecked things on it over time. If you feel nothing else major will go wrong, maybe its worth keeping?

Offline Aceius

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
« Reply #4 on: Aug 30, 2010, 08:31PM »
the hold option holds it in whatever gear the lever is in. put it in 1 (or L) and it'll stay in first until redline, and get back to first as soon as you slow down enough.

great function for track days, not so great for the transmission. will wear your frictions rather shamefully.

Offline 573LF

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #5 on: Feb 8, 2011, 08:45PM »
g'day muss,

after i finally got my act together to purchase the car you're talking about (i'm pretty sure it's the same one), the seller tells me it was sold the day before (not long into the new year).

i was planning on driving it all the way down to melbourne... maybe not buying it was a blessing in disguise... although i was planning on nursing it (partly due to too many demerit points) i'm sure i would have given it a bit of a squirt here and there. did you thrash it mate?

what is the new turbo it's coming with? you sure 2k is the cheapest you can get an appropriate head for? hope this mechanic aint jibbing you.