Author Topic: L/H driveshaft seal  (Read 2455 times)

Offline Cheezel

• antrx.com senior member
L/H driveshaft seal
« on: Oct 2, 2011, 07:33PM »
Re: my project thread, which has quickly become the dedicated-to-cheezel's-troubleshooting thread more than a project, thought I'd throw up the differences between a manual l/h driveshaft seal (in the bag), and an auto;

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/217/img00013vv.jpg/

So there you go. Near-exact same inner dimensions, same little pokey-outey bits, massive difference in outter dimensions. Both can be used on either box, apparently.

I guess the problem here is that I'm also taking Bursons/their suppliers word as absolute, as well. But they do look near Identical. The underside is also radically different - soft rubber on the bottom as opposed to metal.

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
Re: L/H driveshaft seal
« Reply #1 on: Oct 6, 2011, 10:20AM »
Did it fit ok without any leaking?
I've always bought the seals from Nissan in the past.

Offline Cheezel

« Reply #2 on: Oct 6, 2011, 12:38PM »
Will tell you when I get it in. Cars been on stands for 2 weeks now, and reports are due etc. It is the exact same size/dimensions as the old ones fwiw. My local Nissan dealer told me they don't make them anymore, which is weird. Would've rather bought OEM than this $36.45 seal. ::) Fucking bursons..

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #3 on: Oct 6, 2011, 01:02PM »
Oem cost me 45 from memory!!

Offline Cheezel

« Reply #4 on: Oct 6, 2011, 08:59PM »
Oem cost me 45 from memory!!
Say whaaaat. For a lump of plastic with a metal backing? Ouch. If only I could get away with that kind of mark up at my day job... oh right. HDMI cables. HAH!

Offline Vithy

• post whore
« Reply #5 on: Oct 6, 2011, 09:22PM »
hahaha HDMI cable biggest rip off (unles you buy them from MSY) of this century!
"Noss is God"

Offline Cheezel

« Reply #6 on: Oct 6, 2011, 11:08PM »
Tell me about it. We sell them for $69. If you buy em with a tv you'll get it cheaper, maybe $45-$50? We pay $12 for them. Or used to, I think it's gone up to $18 or something. The "premium" series hdmi cables? the ones for like $350? They do actually cost more. About $80 to buy in. talk about QTF.

But as soon as i get my tools back i'll pop the seal in. Found a set of rims I wanna go fit.. not perfect, but they're cheap and gets rid of the ugly stockies.