Author Topic: 1991 U13 SSS ATTESSA Bluebird Drive shaft  (Read 7533 times)

Offline Fergo86

• antrx.com pre-pewbie newbie
1991 U13 SSS ATTESSA Bluebird Drive shaft
« on: Mar 12, 2012, 03:00PM »
Hi Guys,

First time posting on a forum like this but i was hoping for your help on sorting out this issue. I have recently bought an imported 1991 U13 SSS ATTESSA Bluebird with the SR20DET engine and my front left CV is getting pretty bad. I am not sure where in Australia (specifically Perth WA) i would be able to get a new driveshaft from and im not particularly fond of the idea of getting it rebuilt.

- Can anyone clarify if the drive shaft would be the same as the Australian Bluebird part? And where i might be able to find one?

I would really appreciate some feedback, it's getting pretty bad and i have done some searching and havent been able to find a straight answer.

Cheers,      :)

Jay

Offline pedro666

• post whore
  • VET NEO VVL is how I roll...
Re: 1991 U13 SSS ATTESSA Bluebird Drive shaft
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2012, 07:33PM »
you would be better off getting it rebuilt, new ones are often cheap crap. I know someone on the coast , aaa cv , but thats no good to you.
the words "race car" spelled backward still spell "race car"? 

skype_shannan801

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2012, 07:36PM »
Front left, passenger side in the AWD U12/U13 and GTiR I think, is all the same.

Bolts using 6 torq style screws to a plate/shaft that enters the gearbox and extends through to the transfer case and the front diff.
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline Vithy

• post whore
« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2012, 07:41PM »
Last time i got one of these attesa front drive shafts rebuilt i only got a partial rebuild because apparently they had no idea what the shaft was and apparently they dont have some of the parts for them??? You can get ends in from nissan from japan but by memory it was worth a pretty penny.
"Noss is God"

Offline JelloBello

• Attesa Driver
  • west oz local moderator
  • post whore
  • Got Pastie?
« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2012, 08:49PM »
Front left, passenger side in the AWD U12/U13 and GTiR I think, is all the same.

The u13 auto is different (5mm longer) as I was lucky enough to find out, all the rest are the same. Good luck with the search!

To answer your question, it's definitely different to the aus version.
1994 u13 SSS Attesa ftw. Project thread here
13.876 @ 98.83mph

Offline Vithy

• post whore
« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2012, 09:20PM »
Correct me if im wrong but i believe that the left hand shafts between both the u12 and u13 bluebird are the same but due to the lsd that the u13 has the right hand shaft MUST be a u13 attesa shaft as it is different because of the diff.

"Noss is God"