Author Topic: snorkel  (Read 3570 times)

Offline chunkiestmike1

• antrx.com junior member
snorkel
« on: Nov 28, 2008, 03:10PM »
hey everyone, just put a new pod filter in my 91 TRX. i got one small enough so that it would fit inside the stock airbox, and i just wanted to hear sum other ppls opinions on what im about to do. what i was thinking was to take out the stock snorkel that leads from the airbox to the left headlight and replacing it with 3 inch silicone piping. can that be done??and if so, would it be better to have it go lower so its in a high pressure zone?? any way, let me know wat u guys think

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
Re: snorkel
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2008, 04:44PM »
Top right corner, by the magnifying glass....SEARCH.

Offline chunkiestmike1

« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2008, 10:23PM »
yeah ive already searched this site plus many others for the answer, and ive read MOSt (not all but most) of the articles about it. But i just wanted to be sure of it because my snorkal just recently melted onto my airbox so once i take it off its off for good, so i just wanted to be 100% about the whole thing before i go ripping the snorkal out, and no1 seems to be very clear on the matter. but yes i do apologize, there are alot of threads talking about this, im just a worry wart
« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2008, 07:46AM by chunkiestmike1 »

Offline Vithy

• post whore
« Reply #4 on: Nov 30, 2008, 12:06PM »
yeah ive already searched this site plus many others for the answer, and ive read MOSt (not all but most) of the articles about it. But i just wanted to be sure of it because my snorkal just recently melted onto my airbox so once i take it off its off for good, so i just wanted to be 100% about the whole thing before i go ripping the snorkal out, and no1 seems to be very clear on the matter. but yes i do apologize, there are alot of threads talking about this, im just a worry wart
i remember asking questions way back about the same thing lol even took pictures lol but anywho remove it...its just there to reduce induction noice (thats bad!!) we like the noise..........i hope im talking about the same piece of equipment
my bad if im not
"Noss is God"

Offline chunkiestmike1

« Reply #5 on: Nov 30, 2008, 03:03PM »
im tlkin about the 30cm loing plastic tube that leads from the airbox to the back of the right hand headlight, so if thats wat ur tlkin about thnx

Offline Vithy

• post whore
« Reply #6 on: Nov 30, 2008, 04:47PM »
im tlkin about the 30cm loing plastic tube that leads from the airbox to the back of the right hand headlight, so if thats wat ur tlkin about thnx
welll duh
im a doosh
my bad
remove that and replace it wid a CAI like your thinking
i though u were talking about the bottle that comes off of the snorkel and is located in behind the wheel arch

silicon piping is very expensive tho!
"Noss is God"

Offline chunkiestmike1

« Reply #7 on: Nov 30, 2008, 10:20PM »
yeah wats the go with that thing?? do i need it?? or can i just throw it out with the snorkel?? yeah silicone hosing IS expensive, but i just need like a 45 degree bend and a 90 degree bend, the rest can be sumin else. is there somthing else i should be using instead or silicone pipes??

Offline cruizer

• post whore
« Reply #8 on: Nov 30, 2008, 10:31PM »
yeah wats the go with that thing?? do i need it?? or can i just throw it out with the snorkel?? yeah silicone hosing IS expensive, but i just need like a 45 degree bend and a 90 degree bend, the rest can be sumin else. is there somthing else i should be using instead or silicone pipes??

It can be thrown out too.

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 1, 2008, 01:10AM »
You could use PVC pipe if you're on a budget. It seems to be a bit louder than flexi pipe.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline Vithy

• post whore
« Reply #10 on: Dec 1, 2008, 12:38PM »
You could use PVC pipe if you're on a budget. It seems to be a bit louder than flexi pipe.

ohhh really i didnt noe that...never though about that aspect
how is it in relation to metal piping????

yeah wats the go with that thing?? do i need it?? or can i just throw it out with the snorkel??
the answer is

...its just there to reduce induction noice (thats bad!!) we like the noise.....
It can be thrown out too.

agreed
"Noss is God"

Offline chunkiestmike1

« Reply #11 on: Dec 1, 2008, 01:14PM »
yeah i think i might just have to go sum silicone 45 and 90 degree bends then maybe a metal pipe, that should do nicely, thnx guys

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #12 on: Dec 2, 2008, 03:28PM »
Dude, if you don't want to spend money, then get out of cars. Shit is expensive, especially when you need to pay others to fabricate stuff for you.

Offline chunkiestmike1

« Reply #13 on: Dec 2, 2008, 03:38PM »
well im very passionate about cars, i wana learn more about fabrication and i want to do at least SOME work to my car, cuz i have to learn sumhow and its not like im rolling in the benjamins due to the fact that i have school and only a casual job so i have to undergo projects with limited funds. we cant all be rich u know