Author Topic: newbie just saying hi  (Read 2444 times)

Offline henners

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
newbie just saying hi
« on: Jul 1, 2014, 12:21PM »
hey guys, newbi from ipswich, qld. just thought id say hi :)

Offline Jecks

• antrx.com pit crew
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
    • antrx.com
Re: newbie just saying hi
« Reply #1 on: Jul 1, 2014, 01:34PM »
welcome to the forum mate.
take some snaps of your car and if you have any questions, dont hesitate to ask.
I'm sick of my knob going all floppy and loose in my hand  :P 
I've been on probation for 21 years, can't make a decision without consulting the wife first  ::)

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #2 on: Jul 1, 2014, 03:30PM »
welcome to the site. there are a few guys sort of out your way.. western suburbs at least. i think they cruise around the hills every now and then with other clubs.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline henners

« Reply #3 on: Jul 1, 2014, 04:24PM »
car less at present, just recently moved to QLD a few weeks ago and wanted to get into the scene over this way. is this quite a social forum with people meeting up? im pretty handy with SR's and RB's if anyone close to me needs a hand here and there, beer n spanners are a good ice breaker lol  ;D

Offline deviate

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #4 on: Jul 1, 2014, 04:58PM »
Welcome to the forum. I'm actually not far from you (South Brisbane)  when you get a car yyou're moretthan welcometo tag a long for a nnebo run etc

Offline henners

« Reply #5 on: Jul 1, 2014, 08:00PM »
ah thanks man, thatd be awesome, heard about mount nebo. how longs the run?

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #6 on: Jul 2, 2014, 01:27PM »
We used to be quite social, but we're all grumpy old men now  ::)

I'm out of action for a while. Busted a valve spring in the Mini, but once I get it going again I'd be keen to go on a bit of a cruise somewhere as long as it's at a reasonable time for me to get to. Probably a few months off for me though, have yet to pull the head so I don't know what condition the bottom end is in  :-\

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline SR20ME

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #7 on: Jul 2, 2014, 02:25PM »
car less at present, just recently moved to QLD a few weeks ago and wanted to get into the scene over this way. is this quite a social forum with people meeting up? im pretty handy with SR's and RB's if anyone close to me needs a hand here and there, beer n spanners are a good ice breaker lol  ;D

This website is still the only and primary authority for U12/U13 bluebirds. I am a member of PGA and they have a lot of members so it is good to bounce questions etc there although the turbo forum is actually not that busy. There aren't many members left on ANTRX but those that are posting are knowledgeable which is better than having a forum with 50 idiots posting messages for every knowledgeable post!!!

I don't know about other states but it is hard to see a U12 or U13 on the road in NSW and in Sydney.  Most end up at scrap yards now and I've made a purpose to get as many spares as I can because in 5 years I think it will be impossible (the cars are now 25+ years old).

I was thinking the other day why did I actually purchase my car in the first place considering the choice out there?

Personally for me the U12 is actually an aggressive looking car given its very flat and rectangular lines. Shame more people didn't do them up. Plus noboby knows what they are so it makes the U12 a bit more special  ;D