Author Topic: Camber Bolts  (Read 2469 times)

Offline awd2.0t

• antrx.com junior member
Camber Bolts
« on: Jul 14, 2011, 11:19PM »
My car (Jap Spec U13) has been lowered and runs Koni inserts.   I remember reading somewhere about needing to fit Camber bolts?  What are everyones thoughts required or not?

Cheers,
Sean.

Offline Luke

• 173kw @ all 4
  • sth. oz local moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
Re: Camber Bolts
« Reply #1 on: Jul 15, 2011, 12:51PM »
Depends if your happy with your camber or not. Installing them will allow you to change the camber, without them it's fixed.
Jason reffering to the OzVR4 Forum... "Even their forum is slow" "FJ20.com on the other hand, yep that S12 does Mono's"

Offline awd2.0t

« Reply #2 on: Jul 15, 2011, 02:08PM »
That's the thing to me the camber makes no real difference as 99% of my driving is just ploding along.

The main reason I ask is I saw them on ebay & remember reading an article a while ago that you should get them when you lower the car.

In the future I'd like to run a few track days, but I still need to get a bit of work done before that happens.  So should I just wait til then?

Offline dozer

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #3 on: Jul 15, 2011, 05:47PM »
sometimes there is enough slack with standard bolts to get the desired camber, but there is nothing wrong with a little bit extra -.

Offline Vithy

• post whore
« Reply #4 on: Jul 16, 2011, 08:09PM »
bewarey of the quality and size of the camber bolts when and if you buy them. Apparently in a lot of cases the camber bolts are actually just smaller than normal bolts and in short they snap more often fucking up your shit to put it simply.

With standard bolts there is enough slack there that you can pull 1.3 deg of neg camber or atleast thats the most ive gotten so far. If you want more camber id suggest just getting coilovers and dont even worry about camber bolts but as you said you just plog along i wouldnt even worry about it unless you track it a bit all the camber will do if wear out your tyres alot quicker.....

thats my 2 cents
"Noss is God"

Offline awd2.0t

« Reply #5 on: Jul 16, 2011, 10:50PM »
thanks guys!

Sounds like I don't need to worry about them.

Cheers