Author Topic: Is it really necessary?  (Read 2956 times)

Offline wombat

• antrx.com junkie
  • Sleep... What's that?
Is it really necessary?
« on: Oct 8, 2004, 10:48PM »
The red thing's connected to my wrist watch. to quote Dr. Nick

Looking under the bonnet, and I see a grey socket with nothing in it.
George has always been like that, so I don't worry. Until I get the Gregory's (go ebay! $35 landed on my doorstep)

It's got 3 green wires (2 with piping) and the diagram tells me that it's the throttle position sensor. What does it do, where does it plug in?
 ???

It's number 10 on engine wiring diagram in the R31 pintara Gregory's, just so i've proven i've done research. I've even used the antrx search before asking. this link http://www.antrx.com/smf/index.php?topic=1573.0 is close, but not quite what I'm experiencing.

Update to loop: George is an R31 CA20E 1989 model if it makes a difference.
« Last Edit: Oct 8, 2004, 11:44PM by wombat »
I'm so far behind at work, I'm almost retro!

Offline Loop

• Token Old Fart
  • antrx.com junkie
  • Old and busted ...
Re: Is it really necessary?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 8, 2004, 11:10PM »
The red thing's connected to my wrist watch. to quote Dr. Nick

Looking under the bonnet, and I see a grey socket with nothing in it.
George has always been like that, so I don't worry. Until I get the Gregory's (go ebay! $35 landed on my doorstep)

It's got 3 green wires (2 with piping) and the diagram tells me that it's the throttle position sensor. What does it do, where does it plug in?
 ???

It's number 10 on engine wiring diagram in the R31 pintara Gregory's, just so i've proven i've done research. I've even used the antrx search before asking. this link http://www.antrx.com/smf/index.php?topic=1573.0 is close, but not quite what I'm experiencing.

If it is the TPS, then it should be connected to something because the ECU needs to know how much throttle is being applied to know which map to use.. What engine is this?  My KA24 certainly has the TPS connected (although I'm not sure of the wire colours - it's at home and I'm at work)
209rwkW stock ... yes, it's a U12!!

Offline wombat

• antrx.com junkie
  • Sleep... What's that?
« Reply #2 on: Oct 14, 2004, 06:47PM »
If it is the throttle position sensor, and it is disconnected, wouldn't there be a default setting or something that the ECU would use?
I'm so far behind at work, I'm almost retro!

Offline JIMB0

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #3 on: Oct 14, 2004, 08:07PM »
2% throttle opening is the default value it uses when the TPS is not working. To find the TPS sensor follow your throttle cable to the intake.
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2005, 08:24PM by JIMB0 »