Author Topic: Whats a girl to do??  (Read 8719 times)

Offline cheezus

• antrx.com junior member
Whats a girl to do??
« on: Mar 6, 2006, 12:26PM »
So tell me, I don't drive, don't even have a learners.. alas I am acquiring a free vehicle via the parentals..

what should I do about licensing? Manual (which I won't be driving by choice nor will I ever want too as I am a lazy lazy bitch, noss will back me up)
Or just go for the easy faster option Auto (yes this is the only way I can drive)

But please take into consideration the following factors:

* With a Manual I am always able to drive as designated driver (THIS IS NOT GOING TO BE HAPPENING) :-P
* Auto's have less brain work and less body movement (This is gold)
* Car is a new Magna which is manual
 NOTE: Hate the car, selling and getting something else that is auto (I will not be getting a Nissan)
* I am a shit manual driver I need to keep that hand free for other duties also the process of passing the test would greatly increase the waiting period of this so called  "hooning" and "cruises" to another 3-6 months (extra time factors in laziness)

So what would you do?

Just get the auto now and get comfy and confident with driving and when I can be bothered get the manual..or if need be..
or just go for the manual and whinge about it constantly, chucking tantrums and hitting noss.? (Hitting noss is always in the equation however I'm assuming this would greatly increase the punches)

decisions..
I am interested by your opinions and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Offline wombat

• antrx.com junkie
  • Sleep... What's that?
Re: Whats a girl to do??
« Reply #1 on: Mar 6, 2006, 12:52PM »
go for the manual license, still sell the Magna and buy something auto.

I cannot suggest anyone go for an auto license, when for the extra effort, your range of cars you can drive/buy/whatever is increased dramatically.

If I can learn to drive a manual car, then anyone's capable - I'm so uncoordinated I've been known to trip in the only hole on the entire road when running.
I'm so far behind at work, I'm almost retro!

Offline rathies

• I may be going to hell but I'm going in a 4BY
  • post whore
  • Patrol of Doom coming soon
« Reply #2 on: Mar 6, 2006, 01:11PM »
i did my manual driving test on may 30th last year, that was the absolute last time i ever needed to drive manual because every car i touch is auto. luckily i learnt manual because all my the cars at my work are manual and i have needed to drive them from time to time. its a handy thing to have in terms of work. if your car is a brand new car in manual you will find it unbelievebly easy to drive, especially a manga. if you really don't like the car then get rid of it.
Previous rides: KA24ET TRX,  2000 GUII Patrol 4.2 td, AntrxWA whore TRX owner 4/5, 99 Landrover Discovery TD5
Current Ride(s):  91 GQ Patrol ST-3 RB25DET Converted :)

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #3 on: Mar 6, 2006, 01:24PM »
i cant believe your parents are buying you a car! actually i cant believe you have 29 posts :P

anyway, work wise its handy to have that manual licence up your sleeve.. even if you never personally own a manual car.. you never know, snyders might let you drive his porsche for him somewhere or snags might let you drive his jag ::)

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline Jecks

• antrx.com pit crew
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
    • antrx.com
« Reply #4 on: Mar 6, 2006, 01:29PM »
...actually i cant believe you have 29 posts :P

28 of which are full of guff... :P
I'm sick of my knob going all floppy and loose in my hand  :P 
I've been on probation for 21 years, can't make a decision without consulting the wife first  ::)

Offline cheezus

« Reply #5 on: Mar 6, 2006, 02:03PM »
i cant believe your parents are buying you a car! actually i cant believe you have 29 posts :P

anyway, work wise its handy to have that manual licence up your sleeve.. even if you never personally own a manual car.. you never know, snyders might let you drive his porsche for him somewhere or snags might let you drive his jag ::)

ha! see they already drive me around... i like having a chauffeur, i deserve it.. lol

nah see you guys are missing the point!  If i own a manual then i am one of those friends you can ask to do some crap driving job, like picking up a car, towing, driving the drunks.. do you see where i am coming from???

with work, see i'm looking at the short term easyness stuff and stuff..

bah..

hey jecks!
I am interested by your opinions and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Offline Jecks

• antrx.com pit crew
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
    • antrx.com
« Reply #6 on: Mar 6, 2006, 02:08PM »
hahahaaa... ;D

hello birdy...
I've been on probation for 21 years, can't make a decision without consulting the wife first  ::)

Offline cheezus

« Reply #7 on: Mar 6, 2006, 02:18PM »

oh yeah, well you know that spawn (wink wink shhhhh) i have they want to assist with the process of eliminating public transport from our daily life.

Plus mama is getting a vespa..
god help me

Offline cheezus

« Reply #8 on: Mar 6, 2006, 02:21PM »
hahahaaa... ;D

hello birdy...

lol..:-P

Offline thumbtack

• thats not gone well
  • rum country correspondant
  • post whore
  • fallaces sunt rerum species
« Reply #9 on: Mar 6, 2006, 03:06PM »
i think you should just forget about the whole car thing and concentrate on the hitting of noss thing. although its kind of concern at just how much he enjoys it..... kinky little s.o.b......
The old USSR had a single time zone. They had a hammer and sickle in the ground near the Kremlin much like a sundial.
Arguments raged for years as to what to call the timezone
Moscow Time?
Comrade Time?
In the end they all agreed.
Hammer Time.

the thumbtack corporation tm is not responsible for any injuries incurred as a result of thumbtack. any resemblance to any stationery, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Offline cheezus

« Reply #10 on: Mar 6, 2006, 03:19PM »
i think you should just forget about the whole car thing and concentrate on the hitting of noss thing. although its kind of concern at just how much he enjoys it..... kinky little s.o.b......

your right i think!

and i punch him out of pure disgust! so there the "punch in the throat" kinds..

i think i should just sell the car and spend the cash on ridiculas items from the "Internets".

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #11 on: Mar 6, 2006, 03:52PM »
at least get your auto licence.. get a car, it'll be handy for you.. especially in brisbane where the public transport is lacking.

Offline sbob

• antrx.com pre-pewbie newbie
« Reply #12 on: Mar 6, 2006, 04:45PM »
get ur manual license you lazy bitch...  ::)

Offline cheezus

« Reply #13 on: Mar 6, 2006, 04:49PM »

teach me bitch, i really want you to teach me! goddamit!

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #14 on: Mar 6, 2006, 05:29PM »
I reckon get your manual licence, then tell everyone you've got an auto licence ;)

Best of both worlds :P
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline wombat

• antrx.com junkie
  • Sleep... What's that?
« Reply #15 on: Mar 6, 2006, 05:40PM »

you're off on the right foot, aren't you?

Asshat >:(

If you can't say something constructive, or express a polite opinion, just shut your trap. That post doesn't help anyone.
I'm so far behind at work, I'm almost retro!

Offline Sticky

• Bad Luck Magnet
  • qld local moderator
  • post whore
« Reply #16 on: Mar 6, 2006, 06:16PM »
get the manual i say, its handier for down zee track

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so f**king temperamental.

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan

Offline Rake

• vrrrmm sssssh pstch
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • quack
    • http://www.tldr.com.au
« Reply #17 on: Mar 6, 2006, 07:02PM »
* With a Manual I am always able to drive as designated driver (THIS IS NOT GOING TO BE HAPPENING) :-P

if you don't want to be designated driver, tell your mates you're not doing it! Licence type really would have nothing to do with it I would think

* Auto's have less brain work and less body movement (This is gold)

Half of the manual drivers in the world don't like getting into an auto because the car is doing it's own thing and your just sitting there doing nothing like an idiot.

* I am a shit manual driver

If your just starting to drive, of course you will be. Everyone will be. Just keep practicing and you get good at it.

I need to keep that hand free for other duties also the process of passing the test would greatly increase the waiting period of this so called  "hooning" and "cruises" to another 3-6 months (extra time factors in laziness)

Bla bla bla. Having a manual doesn't severly restrict you from eating/playing with radio/etc at all. Not that you should really be doing much other than driving when behind the wheel anyway ::) Plus again if you learn manual you'll do fine in the test. Show a bit of boob or something and it's in the bag :P And it's a good skill to have should an emergency arrive and it makes it easier to jump around cars later.

So what would you do?

Manual all the way. It's a nice advantage to have control over your car. I'd only go an auto if I was doing a LOT of driving (presumably for a job) and/or a lot of traffic / city driving.

Offline Tim-E

• antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • doof doof
« Reply #18 on: Mar 6, 2006, 07:20PM »
* Car is a new Magna which is manual

:o Do you parents know how quick this car is that they are giving you? flat 15's/high 14's driven properly (im going to not comment here  :P). As quick as 5L commo/falcon V8's, stock VL turbo's, etc!

Anyways, you dont like it, which is fair enough  :)

But still, get a manual licence, for all the reasons everyone has already mentioned. For some reason i trust a girl with a manual licence much more than a girl with just an auto licence, regardless of what sort of car is being driven (auto/manual).
2.0L 4 -------> 3.0L 6. Does this mean a 4.0L 8 next?? or back to a 2.0L......turbo!

Offline emuisme

• antrx.com full member
  • Slack kid on the block
« Reply #19 on: Mar 6, 2006, 09:36PM »
manuals are not all that hard to learn, just listen to the engine and the further out the clutch is the slower you go.  I've seen lots of people jump from manual to auto NP, but I know a few who jump from auto to manual (same license over here) and, well, they allmost never learn to drive it right.  practice is the key (as rake said).  My old man taught me to drive a manual when I was seven and I was getting assistance for learning difficulties and as for needing hands free for other things, being in a manual has never stopped me from doing anything I would in an auto....... ah, the memories........  :-[ oops public forum  :-[

but seriously, it's worth that tiny bit more effort to learn, and it's not that hard to avoid doing jobs you don't like.
(hope all that makes sense and isn't quite as disjointed as I feel at the moment.)
I spent my money on sothern comfort and speeding fines, the rest I wasted.

Born to drive, forced to work!

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #20 on: Mar 6, 2006, 10:07PM »
I agree with a manual not stopping you from doing anything you would in an auto. I used to drive my old Celica out of Maccas with a burger in my right hand, drink in my left hand while changing with my left, steering with my right, and it didn't even have power steering! Far from safe, but it was doable!
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline cheezus

« Reply #21 on: Mar 7, 2006, 08:48AM »
I reckon get your manual licence, then tell everyone you've got an auto licence ;)

Best of both worlds :P

ohh thats smart! (but that doesn't address the problem of me being a girl, and not being able to drive a manual!)
lol

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #22 on: Mar 7, 2006, 09:32AM »
you're an asshat cheezus

Offline cheezus

« Reply #23 on: Mar 7, 2006, 10:14AM »
indeed

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
« Reply #24 on: Mar 7, 2006, 11:37AM »
If you can't handle driving a manual car I don't think you have the coordination necessary to drive a car, at all.  :P

Offline cheezus

« Reply #25 on: Mar 7, 2006, 12:07PM »
Whatever Rake said!

Okay okay, going for the manual.. i just wanted to be lazy..

cheers

Offline DeathPlaza

• antrx.com senior member
  • Stupid American
    • Ralphsquad
« Reply #26 on: Mar 7, 2006, 12:17PM »
chicks who drive stick are hotter... besides that, driving stick is way more fun.  auto is actually harder for me to drive now.  I did my driving test in an automatic car and then did all i can to never drive an automatic ever again... they stink.  besides that a typical manual tranny costs like 500$ us and an auto tranny rebuild/replace is gonna cost upwards of 1000$  so thats another factor.  you are a chick right?  that would suck if i got that wrong hahaha!
I have a sunroof!

Offline Jecks

• antrx.com pit crew
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
    • antrx.com
« Reply #27 on: Mar 7, 2006, 12:22PM »
you are a chick right?

i dont know mate... thats debatable...  :P

Offline cheezus

« Reply #28 on: Mar 7, 2006, 01:44PM »
i dont know mate... thats debatable...  :P

i have a gina! :o

Offline Jecks

• antrx.com pit crew
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
    • antrx.com
« Reply #29 on: Mar 7, 2006, 01:46PM »
i have a gina! :o

hey... i know gina too