Author Topic: Wiring forum. Need help with wires in cars?? Ask here  (Read 2026 times)

Offline Ka-Bluey

• antrx.com's
  • post whore
  • The MtData Guy
Thought i would start something like this in general discussions. Might come in handy to some people.

So if you doing a radio install, carkit install what not and have questions, ask here and they shall be answered.

Yeah fair enough.

At least the glove box is held in with old-fashioned torx screws, not plastic clips that break every second time you pull the glove box out (VT stylez)

What's this THB bluetooth box?

And would you have a pinout of that big mofo near the back left of the glove box? Pretty pleese? All I know about it is that it has ground, constant power, accessory, ignition, mute and telephone input wires. I think there's front speaker wires in there somewhere too. But yeah, half a dozen wires or so there that I wouldn't have a clue what they do.

Jono to answer your question i do have the pinout for the VE, but not with me, ive left my little note book at work.

From memory im pretty sure that it does have the speaker contol from there. For some strange reason Blue wires are ringing a bell to me. In that big plug behind glovebox.

Oh and as for the glovebox, i prefer the older holdens, those clips are easy to remove. Hmmm so some of the Holdens we get in with broken clips must have been done by you..hehe

THB, the SS have a Bluetooth THB kid behind the glovebox, its screwed to the top once glovebox is removed. You can usually tap of that for power and the other main wires.

I will double check tomorrow, might even take a piccie with my phone of the diagram and send it your way. Remind me.

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
Re: Wiring forum. Need help with wires in cars?? Ask here
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2006, 09:10PM »
Cool thanks mate.

:P I was exaggerating with the Commodore glove boxes, I've only broken two of the clips that hold them up when they're open... and that's after working on well over a hundred of them.

I have a home made diagram for the wires I listed, I'm just curious as to what other goodies are in that plug. Getting info from Holden dealers is like squeezing blood from a stone. :(
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline Ka-Bluey

• antrx.com's
  • post whore
  • The MtData Guy
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2006, 09:22PM »
Yea Holden can get like that.

We had to ring Land Rover the other day as we couldnt find any speaker wires in the V8 Discovery, damn those dashboards are tight!!

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2006, 09:24PM »
No speaker wires at all? Or did you drop the loom and have it fall down into the dark depths of the dash?
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline Ka-Bluey

• antrx.com's
  • post whore
  • The MtData Guy
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2006, 09:27PM »
No speaker wires at all? Or did you drop the loom and have it fall down into the dark depths of the dash?

It has speaker wires, just not showing any voltage. It was like the top of the rangeDiscovery, with Navigator and all. But found out that two of the pins on the plug were actually speaker pins, but they were inputs not outputs...weird.

If you interested for the Discovery (high range). The pin for mute is 11 and speakers are 3 and 5 in the small plug

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2006, 09:30PM »
I'm guessing you mean speaker inputs for a hands-free?

I thought you were talking about head unit outputs. :)
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline Ka-Bluey

• antrx.com's
  • post whore
  • The MtData Guy
« Reply #6 on: Dec 14, 2006, 09:32PM »
No not for handsfree for carkit.. Hmm suppose carkit is handsfree.

I am talking about the headunit outputs... Ahh this is too confusing for me!! I dont know whos talking about what anymore, and there is only 2 of us.. Hah

Offline rathies

• I may be going to hell but I'm going in a 4BY
  • post whore
  • Patrol of Doom coming soon
« Reply #7 on: Dec 20, 2006, 11:03PM »
Alright wiring geniouses. can anyone here think of or know how to interface a turbo timer into an alarm with 2 point immobilisation?
-The timer has 2 seperate ignition wires coming out.
-if its any use the timer also has a Normally open input for the handbrake cable.
-alarm/immobiliser is a dynamco p375 aka s35.
-I have nc/no relays & timer relay boards easily available to me.

The only way I can think of at the moment is if the immobilisation relays weren't connected there would only need to be a relay on the 'ignition' wire that detects if the engine is running or not. Then the alarm would arm. the relay would be powered by one of the outputs from the timer while the other one goes to the ignition wire.

edit: I answered my own question. do the same thing with the immobiliser relay ends durr!. To think crapfield wanted $205 for the same alarm that was just reprogrammed. I could even put my immobiliser onto start so I would only need one relay for the fuel cut *strokes chin*. I'm such a genious.
« Last Edit: Dec 20, 2006, 11:11PM by rathies »
Previous rides: KA24ET TRX,  2000 GUII Patrol 4.2 td, AntrxWA whore TRX owner 4/5, 99 Landrover Discovery TD5
Current Ride(s):  91 GQ Patrol ST-3 RB25DET Converted :)

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 21, 2006, 11:35PM »
The immobiliser won't arm if you have the ignition on (or the turbo timer running)... or have you worked that issue out already? You need to cut your ignition wire and use it to control a relay that then powers up the ignition of the car, and attach the ignition wire of the s35 to the ignition wire before the relay.

For your fuel cut, you need a timing relay that stays on when the ignition wire drops between when your key is turned off and the turbo timer kicks in.

I can draw up some diagrams if you want.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!