Author Topic: how long till i can advertise in for sale section??  (Read 5743 times)

Offline AHH31

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
  • new kid on the block
how long till i can advertise in for sale section??
« on: Sep 12, 2005, 07:21PM »
anyone kno how long i have to wait? i have been a member for bout a month and i have a engine i wanna sell......

Offline Ka-Bluey

• antrx.com's
  • post whore
  • The MtData Guy
Re: how long till i can advertise in for sale section??
« Reply #1 on: Sep 12, 2005, 07:21PM »
anyone kno how long i have to wait? i have been a member for bout a month and i have a engine i wanna sell......

Think you need 50 posts before you can sell things..

Offline Sticky

• Bad Luck Magnet
  • qld local moderator
  • post whore
« Reply #2 on: Sep 12, 2005, 07:52PM »
isnt it 30 posts?, i could be wrong

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so f**king temperamental.

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan

Offline AHH31

• new kid on the block
« Reply #3 on: Sep 12, 2005, 07:58PM »
50 posts... hmm can i rack em up in here?

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
« Reply #4 on: Sep 12, 2005, 08:08PM »
No, make constructive, helpful posts elsewhere on the forums, don't expect to be able to sell something for free on here when you've only been a member for 5 minutes.

Offline Ka-Bluey

• antrx.com's
  • post whore
  • The MtData Guy
« Reply #5 on: Sep 12, 2005, 09:11PM »
No, make constructive, helpful posts elsewhere on the forums, don't expect to be able to sell something for free on here when you've only been a member for 5 minutes.

I agree, contribute to the site, buy a sticker and wack it on your 31 (??) then join some cruises..

Offline Chadza

• antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • B4 what?
« Reply #6 on: Sep 12, 2005, 10:04PM »
I'll just add to what Tas said.

posts that are deemed to be 'rubbish posts' ie post whoring, will be deleted and you will not increase your post count.

Chad
First a Silver TRX, then a White TRX...whats next? Game Boy-Clear style TRX?

Offline AHH31

• new kid on the block
« Reply #7 on: Sep 12, 2005, 10:12PM »
geez, i just think it is a bit silly thats all.. im more than willing to contribute, i am pretty much on the forums every day..

Offline Chadza

• antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • B4 what?
« Reply #8 on: Sep 12, 2005, 10:19PM »
oh, we don't doubt that you will, but you have to see it from our perpective that in the past we have had people join up and their one and only post on these forums is to flog something off. Usually the item they try to flog off is a piece of crap and we don't want members to get screwed over by these types of people.

There is an R31 section so if you are particularly knowledgeable about R31's you can let loose in there. Even so, it shouldn't take too long to get to 30 posts anyway.

Chad

Offline BIG D Performance

• antrx.com junior member
  • new kid on the block
« Reply #9 on: Sep 16, 2005, 10:04AM »
oh, we don't doubt that you will, but you have to see it from our perpective that in the past we have had people join up and their one and only post on these forums is to flog something off. Usually the item they try to flog off is a piece of crap and we don't want members to get screwed over by these types of people.

There is an R31 section so if you are particularly knowledgeable about R31's you can let loose in there. Even so, it shouldn't take too long to get to 30 posts anyway.

Chad

Hi guys, Top site ! Just wanted to give some feedback on the above. I can see your point with people maybe trying to flog things off but you say that the members don't want these type of people ? so if someone posts 30 times it makes them a different person ? and then you get screwed over anyhow ? i am a senior member of many forums and we have tried these different approaches in the past with no luck, it's just an extra 30 pointless threads on the site that members have to sift through. You say 30 posts is not hard to do but if your a newbie on here trying to make 30 "constructive" posts without getting flamed is a fare ask. I do logged on here with parts and a car to sell and thought i would help you guys out with some nice quality parts including rare SSS parts i just think that your rule might deter a few members. Anyhow those are the rules and i am not suggesting a sledging match here just some constructive feedback so i will try and produce 30 "constructive" posts...

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #10 on: Sep 16, 2005, 10:57AM »
Why do we want our member base to grow based ONLY on people wanting to sell parts here? We don't.
Unless you are patient, or willing to pay noss a small advertisement fee to bypass this time period, you can't sell on here until the 30 post requirement has been met.

• new kid on the block
« Reply #11 on: Sep 16, 2005, 11:05AM »
Why do we want our member base to grow based ONLY on people wanting to sell parts here? We don't.
Unless you are patient, or willing to pay noss a small advertisement fee to bypass this time period, you can't sell on here until the 30 post requirement has been met.

Thanks for pointing that out AGAIN i am well aware of the 30 post rule i was mearly giving feedback ... i didn't mention anywhere that i want your member based only on people wanting to sell parts, i don't know about you but when logging onto forums generally 80% of people go straight to the for sale section of forums to see whats for sale and if not straight away generally EVERYONE looks in there from time to time, i would be suprised if the for sale section was not the most looked at section i was just stating if people like myself have a heap of parts and some rare SSS parts for sale they have to try to contribute to the site and generally make 30 or so pointless threads... Like i said i am not here to start a sledging match or a flamming thread, just constructive feedback ... thats all ...

Offline Chadza

• antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • B4 what?
« Reply #12 on: Sep 16, 2005, 01:23PM »
your feedback has been taken on board,  :) may I ask what forum you are from?

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but before this rule was implemented we had a lot more 1 post wonders than we do now with poeple posting crap for 30 posts and then trying to "flog crap" as I put it. So far we haven't had all that many complaints.

If you think your parts would be really sought after by members then if you'd like you could email a moderator and one of us can post up the information for people.

Chad

• new kid on the block
« Reply #13 on: Sep 16, 2005, 02:21PM »
your feedback has been taken on board,  :) may I ask what forum you are from?

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but before this rule was implemented we had a lot more 1 post wonders than we do now with poeple posting crap for 30 posts and then trying to "flog crap" as I put it. So far we haven't had all that many complaints.

If you think your parts would be really sought after by members then if you'd like you could email a moderator and one of us can post up the information for people.

Chad

Hey,

No problems, like i said i didn't want to start a sledging match, just some constructive feedback... as for which forums i am from i think is irrelavant ... I have no problems with the 30 posts before having access to start a thread in the for sale section, i guess every forum has there rules and what works for them and i am not here to try and get anything changed and like i have said a few times just some feedback. I just logged on here to sell some stuff because i thought these parts would best be suited for enthiusts like yourselfs and if i have to make 30 constructive posts before i can then so be it. Don't forget that everyone is a N00b at one stage no matter how much experience and technical knowledge one might have.

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #14 on: Sep 16, 2005, 07:54PM »
as for which forums i am from i think is irrelavant ...

Personally, that sounds like something a scammer would say. Prove me wrong.

Offline BennyGee

• antrx.com full member
  • i swear officer i didnt know they were Nos buttons
« Reply #15 on: Sep 17, 2005, 03:53AM »
true, coz if ur legit, then saying so wouldnt be a prob coz ud have backup(or proof) on the situation.

It aint a skyline, but itll sure take your excels out.

• new kid on the block
« Reply #16 on: Sep 20, 2005, 10:30AM »
Personally, that sounds like something a scammer would say. Prove me wrong.

Hahahahahah ... and why exactly do you think that ? ... ohhh and just how would you like me to prove you wrong ? ...

Offline Colzie

• Type X BITCH!
  • qld local moderator
  • post whore
« Reply #17 on: Sep 20, 2005, 11:20AM »
if ure here 2 start shit, just lemme know, more than happy 2 do somethin about it... if not then stop being such an asshat and just respect the rules and regulations of antrx.com.  :)
get in my pants!

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #18 on: Sep 20, 2005, 12:01PM »
Hahahahahah ... and why exactly do you think that ? ... ohhh and just how would you like me to prove you wrong ? ...

Forget it. You're obviously not interested in establishing a trusted reputation here by telling us what other forums you have sold stuff on.

Offline evenflow_trx

• antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • When the chips are down, the buffalo is empty
    • Antrx
« Reply #19 on: Sep 20, 2005, 03:54PM »
I understand your views BIG D Performance and your opinions were taken onboard - we always appreciate constructive feedback. What I don't understand is your reluctancy to tell us what board(s) you are from? Enlighten me please, it's just a simple question mate.

• new kid on the block
« Reply #20 on: Sep 21, 2005, 10:15AM »
Geez! why don't you guys just make another rule that you have to post in 30 threads and post a list of other forums you are on and have sold stuff and get a reference check! ...  sheesh... didn't think it would be this much drama, i merely put up a post with constructive feedback but seems like you guys can't handle any criticism because your trying to flame me. And in me stating what forums i am from is going to do what exactly ? ... You wanna know all my usernames and passwords too? Like i said i logged onto this board with some good quality and rare parts for sale to help some nissan enthusiasts out on some parts as we have 2 complete U12's one for sale and one wrecking i said i respect the rules and will get my 30 posts and it doesn't bother me to much as we are selling parts quickly anyhow.

You guys classify me as a scammer?! How can one scam something if we have a wrecking car with parts for sale , prefer pick up from Sydney, your going to come out and get parts and i am going to scam you ?! I believe the only people that get scammed are the ones that are silly enough to get scammed... haven't you guys heard of COD ? ...

Anyhow i am not trying to start trouble i had my rant but people just keep rattling the cage hence my replies, but with this thread i am getting closer to my 30 posts! :P

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
« Reply #21 on: Sep 21, 2005, 01:17PM »
we have 2 complete U12's one for sale and one wrecking i said i respect the rules and will get my 30 posts and it doesn't bother me to much as we are selling parts quickly anyhow.

When you say "we have...we are"  do you mean that you are advertising for a business? 

Regarding other forums, you stated that you are a member of some other forums and then you were asked what forums they are, unless you have something to hide or are embarrased about those forums, why is it so hard to answer the question?

• new kid on the block
« Reply #22 on: Sep 21, 2005, 02:28PM »
No we are not a business ... myself and my brother have the parts that is why i state "WE" ... Geez you guys are really caught up about other forums, maybe you should stop worrying about what other forums i am on, or maybe put it into the registeration details if it worry's you that much. Can all the moderators list the user names and what forums they are on? no i didn't think so ... even if i pick some random forums out of the air and list them on here what difference is it going to make? your going to try and search for me and see if i am a "scammer" as you guys put it... See how blown out of proportion a little bit of constructive feedback does? ...

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
« Reply #23 on: Sep 21, 2005, 02:41PM »
THREAD LOCKED.

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #24 on: Sep 22, 2005, 10:08AM »
your going to try and search for me and see if i am a "scammer" as you guys put it... 

Yes.