Author Topic: Hi All from SA  (Read 3742 times)

Offline pintysupiehatch

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
  • new kid on the block
Hi All from SA
« on: Aug 8, 2005, 03:00AM »
I Have just bought a Pintara 1991 or 92 Superhatch don't even know what year manufactured it is as I am going to Sydney To get it this Thursday 11/0805 This is how new to the Pintara EFI Scene I am.

So I hope from what I have already glanced at over the past few minutes that there is Someone out in PINTARA LAND that will be able to point me out some soup up shops around Sydney so I can load the hatch up with some goodies wheels and any other bits and pieces to custom this little pup, to Get the SUPIEHATCH  looking and sounding like a grown up growler.

I will be around the Springwood/ Valley Heights area for a day or so, and the Bondi Junction areas for a day or so, Any suggestions about wrecking yards or trick Shit shops to visit please let me know.

By the way all of you in Pintara Land the SupieHatch Is a one owner with 150K on the ticker (provided it hasn't had a hair cut) and have bought it for an absolute bargain (steal to be exact)

Thanks for any advice in advance everyone and the site looks great to me already  ;D ;) :D :) ;D 8) I willl be spending plenty of time here from now on.

Go you NISSAN PINTARA good thing's
« Last Edit: Aug 8, 2005, 03:09AM by pintysupiehatch »

Offline RichTRX

• sth. oz local moderator
  • post whore
  • May the 4's be with you.
Re: Hi All from SA
« Reply #1 on: Aug 8, 2005, 09:35AM »
G'day mate - I'm from SA but it seems to me that you're from NSW... strange thread name in that case!!

Anyway, welcome to the site and you should find all the information on sydney performance shops you want right here.

Have a good one
                      Rich
His: 2001 Audi S4 biturbo quattro 6sp, Nogaro Blue/black leather recaros, microsilver trim, bose 10sp, SSAC 2.5" twin turboback, RS4 rear sway, 25% tint

Hers: MY99.5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro GP Edition AVANT 5-sp, phantom black, black leather buckets/walnut/sunroof, 2.5" D&T Turboback, K04-015, N75J, 710N DV

Bro driving: 1990 Nissan Pintara TRX 5sp Red, 16" Rozzis, Lukey 4-2-1 ext, 2.5" full exhaust, hi-flow cat, cone cai, stg 3 chip,  low Kings, GT Gas shocks, Urethane bushings, slotted front rotors, 398000k and still going strong; 0-100 in around 7.2-7.4 seconds

Offline pintysupiehatch

• new kid on the block
« Reply #2 on: Aug 8, 2005, 03:10PM »
hey RichTRX

I live In SA, but I have bought the car from Sydney.

I am going to Fly over, get the SUPIEHATCH and drive it back. I Will be there for 2 - 3 days, to sort out a couple of other things while I am there which is why I will be looking for some Wheels, Wings for the rear, maybe some bumpers etc. I thought I might have a better chance of sourcing parts in Sydney than here in SA probably cheaper as well.

Also if anyone has photos for me to look at, or links to them of the 91-92 Superhatch GL or Gli(I am fairly sure) so I can get some Idea of what is Available out there in Pinter land (heaven) to Hot this Lil puppy up then feel free to post me here I am wide open to any suggestions.

If any of  the Sydney Crew have some places that I could go to or recommend anywhere then please let me know

Offline Rake

• vrrrmm sssssh pstch
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • quack
    • http://www.tldr.com.au
« Reply #3 on: Aug 8, 2005, 06:03PM »
Pick and Payless is a fairly large wrecker you could visit, has a few U12s (one a hatch last time I was there few weekends ago). Might be worth a look if you feel you'll need anything.

Offline Chadza

• antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • B4 what?
« Reply #4 on: Aug 8, 2005, 08:55PM »
I severely doubt that parts would be cheaper in Sydney to here (Adelaide). Check out some threads in the SA section of antrx for shops to visit and also ones to stay clear of. Most of the entry level mods have already been talked about here so if you want basic info about what to do with the car then search for it usuing the search button up top. If you come across any problems though then by all means post in the relevant section.

Goos luck with getting the car back safe and sound and welcome to antrx!

Chad
First a Silver TRX, then a White TRX...whats next? Game Boy-Clear style TRX?

Offline RichTRX

• post whore
« Reply #5 on: Aug 11, 2005, 10:57AM »
there was a beautiful white/beige Ti sedan at u-pull it in Lonsdale last time I went - it had been rolled :(

if you wanted seats, dash, etc. you might be able to get something off of it. I should warn you first though that there is a $1 entry fee... which is pathetic, but there you go.
His: 2001 Audi S4 biturbo quattro 6sp, Nogaro Blue/black leather recaros, microsilver trim, bose 10sp, SSAC 2.5" twin turboback, RS4 rear sway, 25% tint

Hers: MY99.5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro GP Edition AVANT 5-sp, phantom black, black leather buckets/walnut/sunroof, 2.5" D&T Turboback, K04-015, N75J, 710N DV

Bro driving: 1990 Nissan Pintara TRX 5sp Red, 16" Rozzis, Lukey 4-2-1 ext, 2.5" full exhaust, hi-flow cat, cone cai, stg 3 chip,  low Kings, GT Gas shocks, Urethane bushings, slotted front rotors, 398000k and still going strong; 0-100 in around 7.2-7.4 seconds

Offline chucky

• CRUISE MONKEY
  • post whore
  • WHERES MY STICKER?
« Reply #6 on: Aug 11, 2005, 03:13PM »
congrats on ur new purchase, hope you get plenty of enjoyment out of ur new car!
What do ralliart do??? make stickers???

Offline I'm what Willis was talkin' 'bout

• Irish Correspondent
  • i will wear a bikini for food
  • post whore
« Reply #7 on: Aug 12, 2005, 02:30PM »
I owned a manual '91 Ti hatch a little while ago that I sold to Budgie.........who sold it to someone else.........and it was a good car.  Plenty of rattles to be found in the hatch area so you mgiht want to go to town with sound deadener and just a general fix up of the squeaks and rattles you will get in the rear end.  A loud exhaust will also resonate and "boom" quite a bit with a hatch so make sure you chose wisely if upgrading this.

The front bars are interchangeable between hatch and sedan but the rear bar on the hatch is different to the sedan.  If you can source Ti power windows, climate control, cruise controls, etc. you'll have a good absis to turn it into something nice.
TeamManSnag

Homer!  What have you done to the car?  I don't think it had broken axles before.

Before!  Before!  You're living in the past, Marge.  Quit living in the past.

What, I never said I didn't like it asshat! :P

At least I don't think I did... but if I did, then I'm the asshat.

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #8 on: Aug 22, 2005, 02:34PM »
Yep, it was a very nice little car.

Last I heard Xedus101's girlfriend (who bought it) had an accident and the front end was repaired (lights, bumper, bonnet etc).  Its lookig good though shaun.
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline pintysupiehatch

• new kid on the block
« Reply #9 on: Aug 23, 2005, 02:23AM »
OK got the Hatch back from Sydney! Drove fairly well and have just added up my fuel bill which I was surprised that it cost me only $135.80.  I thought this was pretty good motoring, sat on 130 for a day and the car ran like a bloody absolute legend couldn't have asked for a better trip besides dodging the 5 or so big reds at the previously stated speed.  1 of which I dodged and got the O'l girl into a 4 wheel drift which at that speed and also at 22 hundred hours after driving in excess of 1K's worth of kilometres had the old clacker valve slightly tense for the rest of the trip home. well the last 200K's any way.

The K's on this bus were 151'000 when I picked it up and a one owner vehicle so that was my other bonus for the trip. I'll chat to you all later and thanks for all the suggestions guys and girls.
Keep well and keep smiling

EDIT:Post punctuated to make it readable
« Last Edit: Aug 23, 2005, 10:31AM by ChadzaTRX »

Offline RichTRX

• post whore
« Reply #10 on: Aug 23, 2005, 10:04AM »
Look forward to seeing you on some of our cruises - here's a link to the latest discussion thread:

http://www.antrx.com/smf/index.php?topic=7919.45

Offline drifter-hatch

• antrx.com junior member
  • hatchs drift beta
« Reply #11 on: Aug 23, 2005, 03:37PM »
got the O'l girl into a 4 wheel drift which at that speed

o man 4 weel dori i neva thoght of dat! sik man im guna tri it

Offline Rake

• vrrrmm sssssh pstch
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • quack