Author Topic: help !!how to mount front speakersi my trx!  (Read 2745 times)

Offline perthTRX

• antrx.com full member
  • ## CRUIZE ## ## BOOZE ## LeT LOOze !!
    • Jeff's Web home
help !!how to mount front speakersi my trx!
« on: Mar 1, 2003, 08:00PM »
 ??? :-X ??? :-X ??? :-X ???

DAmn !! Now im in a mess !!  I Got my old factory speakers( i assume) out  of the car door....and now i just  bought these akai speakers 2way- 50 rms-4 x 6 speakers...  to fit in the front door !! i  just realised  that the speaker screw holes do not match the standard enclosure holes....just by a few mm... so I am scratching my head as to how to get my new akai spekers into the standard enclosure !! i might po0st the picures of the new and old speakers and enclosures next week!!! any suggestions guys!!

Offline NOFX

• antrx cruise monkey
  • antrx.com senior member
Re:help !!how to mount front speakersi my trx!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 1, 2003, 08:54PM »
I have a pair of 4x6 phillips 2 ways in my front doors and the only thing I had to do to fit them was drill 4 new holes in the plastic mount.... Piece of piss

And they cost me $90 2 years ago...not bad speakers either
The car developed an electrical problem after the conrod knocked the distributor off

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #2 on: Mar 2, 2003, 11:51AM »
get an mdf mounting ring, you can pick them up from car audio stores or autobarn.. they'll cost about $6 for a pair. they have an internal diameter of around 6" and an external diameter of 6.5"

and then from there, your 6" speakers will easily mount onto the ring & the ring to the door. and the ring will also absorb any vibration that may occur. all too easy.  ;D

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline chucky

• CRUISE MONKEY
  • post whore
  • WHERES MY STICKER?
« Reply #3 on: Mar 2, 2003, 02:45PM »
i dont have a mounting problem, but i do hear some rattling n shit when i pump up the volume, you think this MDF would sort the problem out?... im almost positive the speakers arent ripped or totaled in some way.
What do ralliart do??? make stickers???

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #4 on: Mar 2, 2003, 07:13PM »
it solved the problem for me

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline perthTRX

• antrx.com full member
    • Jeff's Web home
« Reply #5 on: Mar 3, 2003, 01:37AM »
I have a pair of 4x6 phillips 2 ways in my front doors and the only thing I had to do to fit them was drill 4 new holes in the plastic mount.... Piece of piss

And they cost me $90 2 years ago...not bad speakers either

Yeah !! i suppose that would be one way to go 8) ..but if u remember the holes in the mount for the original screws..have a sort of support plastic that goes right down the lenghtof the screws..which gives the screws kinda support... and if i would be drilling new holes o wouldnt have that support.. :-\as it wou;ld go sriaght through the thin plastic ..so i am thinking would that  b really  a good decision... how long would it hold!!... as it it.. i already got a piece of the plastic chipped..when i removed the mount from the car!....whadddoyaSay???? ::)  

Offline perthTRX

• antrx.com full member
    • Jeff's Web home
« Reply #6 on: Mar 3, 2003, 01:44AM »
get an mdf mounting ring, you can pick them up from car audio stores or autobarn.. they'll cost about $6 for a pair. they have an internal diameter of around 6" and an external diameter of 6.5"

and then from there, your 6" speakers will easily mount onto the ring & the ring to the door. and the ring will also absorb any vibration that may occur. all too easy.  ;D
..well  :)..i dont really think this pair is a 6x4...as it says on the cover of the box ..its a 4x6... :-X..i checked out jaycar and strathfield  here in WA and i couldnt find any mdf rings...so the search goes on..MAybe i will get some mdf and a jigsaw and make a spacer myself..in the meanwhile any new suggestions?? Thanks for the advice anywayz...noss.. ;D

Offline perthTRX

• antrx.com full member
    • Jeff's Web home
« Reply #7 on: Mar 3, 2003, 01:47AM »
i dont have a mounting problem, but i do hear some rattling n sh*t when i pump up the volume, you think this MDF would sort the problem out?... im almost positive the speakers arent ripped or totaled in some way.
8) 8) 8) Im sure  llamas dont have mounting problems!! ;D ;)

BlakeyBoyR

« Reply #8 on: Apr 10, 2003, 11:32PM »
Anyone thought of placing a thin foam sheet between the MDF board and the door itself ? It would really absorb any extra vibration. Just a though