Author Topic: Exhaust Decision  (Read 2558 times)

89pintarau12

Exhaust Decision
« on: Jan 27, 2004, 09:51PM »
Hi im new to this forum,

When i bought my Pintara U12 Exec last year it already had extractors fitted.  I was just wondering what would be the most suitable piping size for the exhaust and if anyone had recommendations for the whole system itself including muffler?  I was also wondering what brand(s) of exhaust manufacturers are Pintara enthustiasts trusting these days ? 

Thanks and hello to all

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
Re: Exhaust Decision
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2004, 10:23PM »
welcome to the site...

a 2.25inch exhaust is what most will reccomend i think...  although if you plan on going turbo, a 3inch could be the way, ill leave it to those more in the know to properly answer your question

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2004, 10:41PM »
for most people with either the 2 litre or 2.4, a press bent 2.25" will do them fine. it will give great torque & peak power increases, for the crazy/stubborn buggers 2.5 or 3". although none of us here have 3". yet.

exhausts are custom made at the shop, only thing you have to decide on is the size, muffler & tip. muffers range from bugger all to quite expensive. you'd be looking at around $300 for a 2.25" exhaust with a good muffler and shiny chrome tip.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

SaMmYJ

« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2004, 10:46PM »
i recon i will b the 1st with a 3` with my extrators n head beeing ported soo much :)

Offline FLOGTARA

• 300ZX FANATIC
  • post whore
  • Your mother's got a wooden leg with a kickstand!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2004, 10:01AM »
Sammyj.   Porting!!! When is this happening??? How much it costin ya???

I have a gli, i have extractors.  Press bent 2.25in exhaust.  2.5 inch muffler but.

Get it done, good money spent well
1990 Z32 2 Seater N/A 5spd
Mods, modified cats, cat back exhaust, HKS air filter, cyn-r-g lightened flywheel, aluminium underdrive pulley, Super HD clutch.

rival81

« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2004, 11:46PM »
Flogtara - notice much torque increase between 2 - 3000rpm after doing the exhaust and extractor install?

Offline bilney

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #6 on: Jul 7, 2004, 06:49PM »
I have just booked my car in to get a new exhaust on it on saturday, $245 for a 2 1/4 cat back and a new flex pipe, with a big ass can that i bought off my mate. I cant wait... my exhaust at the moment is busted and hangs about 10 cms form the ground at the muffler...

Offline Febrile

• Forum Predator
  • post whore
  • I like having thumbs
« Reply #7 on: Jul 8, 2004, 12:26PM »
Is the size of the extractors an issue to consider when looking at upgrading piping?  Or do they all terminate at a standard width at the flex pipe?
Doo-woop-shoobie-doo-waah

Offline Sheldon

• antrx.com junkie
  • The Beasty Beast
« Reply #8 on: Aug 3, 2004, 10:25PM »
hi was wondering will a 2.25 inch with lukey muffler around the middle somewhere sound better than a 2.25 inch with 4inch cannon at the tip?
If only the KA24E was KA24ET!!

Offline Pringles

• antrx.com baked not fried
  • post whore
  • ;-) check me out !
« Reply #9 on: Aug 3, 2004, 10:42PM »
both sound better according to personal sound taste lol, they sound differnt and some like cannon, some likelukey muffler kinda thing
Check out the Brown Couch !
the ole Nissan caught a cold... puachtuuu..!
i lost a testicle while shaving my scrotum
Jono wasn't here!

Offline Sheldon

• antrx.com junkie
  • The Beasty Beast
« Reply #10 on: Aug 3, 2004, 10:51PM »
kool. ive been quotted $240 for the 2.25 with lukey fitted. so im assuming this is good price. and my dad said that he had lukey exhaust on one of his cars in the younger years and says its good so ill go with that one.
If only the KA24E was KA24ET!!

Offline Craazy

• Resident Attesa Driver
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • Lovin it long time
« Reply #11 on: Aug 3, 2004, 11:04PM »
i think i might be the only U12 on here with a 3" system, but i guess its a little of given. mine is all mandrel bent with a resonator and cannon muffler, but with mucking around with systems i have had different mufflers on, the cannon still sounds the meanest and the others just got muttered sounds that sounded like blowing air, just didn't like it.

it all comes down to personal choice and whether you want a sleeper look over pick me up i am a hoon look

The Time Has Come To Battle It Out To The Death... SR24 vs KA24

The bluey must be revived to Life!!

Offline FLOGTARA

• 300ZX FANATIC
  • post whore
  • Your mother's got a wooden leg with a kickstand!
« Reply #12 on: Aug 4, 2004, 09:09PM »
Flogtara - notice much torque increase between 2 - 3000rpm after doing the exhaust and extractor install?

yeh mate, substantially better all through the rev range!!!  The flat spot get more noticeable but get an ANTRX chip and that will solve that problem!
1990 Z32 2 Seater N/A 5spd
Mods, modified cats, cat back exhaust, HKS air filter, cyn-r-g lightened flywheel, aluminium underdrive pulley, Super HD clutch.