Author Topic: Gti-r turbo on a bluebird Atessa  (Read 63259 times)

Offline JelloBello

• Attesa Driver
  • west oz local moderator
  • post whore
  • Got Pastie?
Re: Gti-r turbo on a bluebird Atessa
« Reply #120 on: Dec 22, 2009, 10:51PM »
It would make full boost kranzy, just slower (laggier).

Btw, do you have an aftermarket intercooler?

Also it could be the knock sensor... thinking about it, it could be heaps of things!

Slightly off-topic but i've noticed my car is also a fair bit slower latey, although I put it down to the 35 degreee days we've been having. Bring on the cold winter nights.
« Last Edit: Dec 22, 2009, 10:53PM by JelloBello »
1994 u13 SSS Attesa ftw. Project thread here
13.876 @ 98.83mph

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #121 on: Dec 22, 2009, 11:00PM »
Knock sensor is fine on boost, it only turns things to shit when off boost. Been there done that, replaced mine with a resistor to fix it.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline S1NN3R

• antrx.com full member
  • my beast
« Reply #122 on: Dec 22, 2009, 11:01PM »
im 90% sure its not blowing any smoke..and yes it does have an aftermarket intercooler..i will post more pics..my nets been slowed down so takes a very long time lol
Mods so far: 3" exhaust off the turbo, Fmic, HKS ssqv, D2 Fully adjustable coilovers, turbotech manual boost controller. running 12-13 psi

Offline S1NN3R

• antrx.com full member
  • my beast
« Last Edit: Dec 22, 2009, 11:25PM by S1NN3R »
Mods so far: 3" exhaust off the turbo, Fmic, HKS ssqv, D2 Fully adjustable coilovers, turbotech manual boost controller. running 12-13 psi

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #124 on: Dec 22, 2009, 11:11PM »
Probably a good idea to edit your plates before you post photos, unless you want your car stolen.
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline S1NN3R

• antrx.com full member
  • my beast
« Reply #125 on: Dec 22, 2009, 11:21PM »
done..thanks for the heads up:)

Offline S1NN3R

• antrx.com full member
  • my beast
« Reply #126 on: Dec 24, 2009, 03:24PM »
i adjusted the boost a bit more..and it was going fine.was spooling up faster then it ever has...so i thought..oh yeah ..maybe the problem has sorted itself..so i was an idiot and adjusted it..a tiny tiny bit..and its lost all its power once again!!!

would this be the right fuel pump to get?

http://www.tweakit.net/shop/product_info.php?cPath=326_327_332&products_id=6476

since the gti-r is simular i was thinking that would be the way to go?

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #127 on: Dec 24, 2009, 03:40PM »
Yeah that one seems to be the right one.

"Noss is GOD"

Offline JelloBello

• Attesa Driver
  • post whore
  • Got Pastie?
« Reply #128 on: Dec 24, 2009, 04:43PM »
Thats the one, I would get it from here though:

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=420125

Also, maybe try giving the AFM a quick clean... if it thinks it's maxing out then it could cause the problems described.
« Last Edit: Dec 24, 2009, 04:47PM by JelloBello »
13.876 @ 98.83mph

Offline S1NN3R

• antrx.com full member
  • my beast
« Reply #129 on: Dec 25, 2009, 10:28PM »
also, im probably going to get a pod filter tomorrow..do i need a special adapter or something?

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #130 on: Dec 25, 2009, 11:57PM »
Make sure you get a Nissan walbro pump. I got the universal pump and the in and out are on opposite sides (I think) and the Nissan one is on the same side. Not a huge problem just easier to fit.

"Noss is GOD"

Offline Craazy

• Resident Attesa Driver
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • Lovin it long time
« Reply #131 on: Dec 26, 2009, 02:28PM »
sounds like it is on the low octane fuel maps....... your car is pinging its head off.

have you put a pod filter on?? what kind of exhaust is it?? if standard ecu this is enough with some SR's to kill the AFR's and put it in the low octane fuel maps.

try this and give us feed back: drive the car till it does the problem, then turn the car off for 5 minutes, restart and it should be fine till it pings again.

if this doesnt stop it then disconnect the battery, then put your foot on the brake pedal for 30 seconds to drain all power from the electrics, leave the battery disconnected for 30 mins then reconnect.
this resets the ECU and you should be able to determine after that if its electrical or mechanical

my bluey used to do something similar and it was the AFR's

also come on the new years cruise and we'll hook it up to the computer to find out

The Time Has Come To Battle It Out To The Death... SR24 vs KA24

The bluey must be revived to Life!!

Offline S1NN3R

• antrx.com full member
  • my beast
« Reply #132 on: Dec 27, 2009, 09:07AM »
ok i will try that today,what adapter plate do i need for a pod filter?
same as a gti-r or silvias by any chance?

Offline S1NN3R

• antrx.com full member
  • my beast
« Reply #133 on: Dec 27, 2009, 11:50AM »
Ok i took the battery out for over 30 mins to reset it..and IT WORKED!! its seeems to be running much better..altough still doesnt hit full boost till around 3500and doesnt pull hard till 4000..but its much much better:D
thank u very much, so what would of caused it? overboosting?
i got it set at 12-13 psi cause it keeps spiking to 15..i wish it would just sit at 15psi and and stay there!! is there away to make it so it doesnt spike as much?

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #134 on: Dec 27, 2009, 06:09PM »
15 is too high for a standard t25. Your going to do some massive damage if your not careful, back it off to 12 psi and leave it there till you have a bigger turbo and have done some work to the engine to take the increased boost.

"Noss is GOD"

Offline S1NN3R

• antrx.com full member
  • my beast
« Reply #135 on: Dec 27, 2009, 07:56PM »
im just going off an article on the bluebird attesa,they recommended 15psi. its only spiking to 15psi for less then a second then it sticks to 12-13psi .
i will hopefully have a turbo off a gti-r in a few weeks if i can find a good one for $400 :P
know anyone selling? :p

Offline Vithy

• post whore
« Reply #136 on: Dec 28, 2009, 11:40AM »
link to this article?
"Noss is God"

Offline lgee

• post whore
  • Attesa Racer
    • WheelTech Racing
« Reply #137 on: Dec 28, 2009, 11:51AM »
you will need to remap ur ecu, the t28 puts out a lot more air you really need to upgrade to S15 brown injectors, they are 440cc compared to the stock 380cc purple, you will really start running out of fuel and torch a piston or a valve, then it starts to hurt you in the back pocket. been there done that!!

Offline S1NN3R

• antrx.com full member
  • my beast
« Reply #138 on: Dec 28, 2009, 02:41PM »
here is the article:
http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_0140/article.html

how much boost can i run on a t28 with stock ecu and injectors? i dont mind running lower boost till i can save up more cash for the nisstune and injectors etc.

Offline JelloBello

• Attesa Driver
  • post whore
  • Got Pastie?
« Reply #139 on: Dec 28, 2009, 03:46PM »
lol.

They also say they'd expect it to reach 280hp!

It's up to you bud, take the advice of a motoring journalist who drove the car for a day at most.

-or-

Listen to the knowledge/advice we've gained from owning the car. Myself for over 3 years, lgee hits the track in his on a regular basis, kranzy is a research machine, budgie would marry attesa's if it were legal.

I know who I'd be listening too.

Having said that... I ran 15psi for about a year on my t25 before chucking on a t28. Recently did a compression test and all was dandy.

With the t28 i'd reccomend no more then 10psi to be safe, I run 12psi on mine with no ill affects yet. I think I recall lgee was able to goto 13psi on a t28bb before it started leaning out. You'll notice the car is a heap faster on 10psi anyway so it should suffice for a bit.
13.876 @ 98.83mph

Offline S1NN3R

• antrx.com full member
  • my beast
« Reply #140 on: Dec 28, 2009, 05:44PM »
when are u gonna get rid of ur t28? and for what price;)
lol

Offline S1NN3R

• antrx.com full member
  • my beast

Offline lgee

• post whore
  • Attesa Racer
    • WheelTech Racing
« Reply #142 on: Dec 28, 2009, 07:47PM »
for that sort of money i can get you a chineese gt2871R direct from a contact i have over there, i am buying one next year.

Offline S1NN3R

• antrx.com full member
  • my beast
« Reply #143 on: Dec 28, 2009, 08:52PM »
but are they any good? as long as its simular response etc. i would be down for that:D got any more info on them?

Offline Craazy

• Resident Attesa Driver
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • Lovin it long time
« Reply #144 on: Dec 29, 2009, 11:09AM »
when i had these probs with my car i got a new adjustable fuel pressure reg as mine was stuffed. it got adjusted and put in a new fuel pump straight after too. didnt have the problem again. since that i had the turbo high flowed and install a 600x300 intercooler to replace the crappy top mount with no dramas after both mods.

so in a nut shell you have a serious fueling problem and advice dictates drop your boost to 10psi or you will loose more in your pocket in the long run.

Offline S1NN3R

• antrx.com full member
  • my beast
« Reply #145 on: Dec 29, 2009, 10:03PM »
fuel pump is next on the list lol:)
how much power would i be looking at (with bigger injectors ,tune etc.) with a t28bb of an s15? i found one in good condition for $550

Offline S1NN3R

• antrx.com full member
  • my beast

Offline S1NN3R

• antrx.com full member
  • my beast
« Reply #147 on: Dec 30, 2009, 08:12PM »
i just chucked on a drift Pod filter...sounds quite nice:) bit of a pain to put on ..especially in this heat under the sun..haha
seems like its got a pit more go down low ..or maybe its just the sound thats making it feel like it:P

Offline Craazy

• Resident Attesa Driver
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • Lovin it long time
« Reply #148 on: Dec 30, 2009, 10:25PM »
you'll probably find that the car will drop off in power more frequently now you have a pod on it, with opening up the exhaust and intake the bluey SR20 only really likes the exhaust done, you will need to get the AFR's looked at straight away, then determine fuel pump or fuel reg, and spend the $250 on the Nistune board for your car. more than worth it

Offline S1NN3R

• antrx.com full member
  • my beast
« Reply #149 on: Dec 31, 2009, 04:27PM »
i might be able to get a gt2871r with an adjustable HKS actuator for $700.. is that a good deal or not?:P  only 2000 k's on it apparently.