Author Topic: probably been done to death...sorry  (Read 1701 times)

Offline cruizer

• post whore
probably been done to death...sorry
« on: Nov 8, 2005, 10:12PM »
i've just picked up my pintara (1st car so im new to the game). the stock audio is ok.... but i want to
put in a head unit and 6 x 9's. i'm curious to know where to put the splits...parcel shelf, front doors etc etc.
and is it a relatively easy job to fit head unit and splits DIY?
sorry it's probably been done to death,thanx guys

Offline Carbon-goodness

• On ya bike!
  • post whore
  • self confessed antrx cycling nut
Re: probably been done to death...sorry
« Reply #1 on: Nov 8, 2005, 11:05PM »
ahh ur right mate, u'll keep!

6 x 9's: in parcel shelf made with 12 mm MDF

splits: 6's in doors, tweeter mounted above head in A pillar

h/u: i'm pretty sure there's a thread about installin h/u's - in DIY or tech or sumthin like that

good luck man

PS: get JL Audio stuff its da bomb!
If somebody asks you, "can I ask you a question?" and you say, "no",  you're actually answering a question. Think about it....

Offline mike1988

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2005, 02:24AM »
jl audio if you have a lot of money to through at it if not sony, rockford fostage, pioneer, infinity are all good brands as well

Offline cruizer

• post whore
« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2005, 01:33PM »
im going for:

6 x 9's : 2 or 3 way
6" splits : 2 or 3 way
and headunit : whatever plays mp3 / cd-rw etc etc

so hopefully i'll get the stuff before chrissy, get h/u installed professionally to keep warranty
and maybe zander will help me install speakers....

Offline Sticky

• Bad Luck Magnet
  • qld local moderator
  • post whore
« Reply #4 on: Nov 13, 2005, 05:37PM »
they dont need to be installed professionally to keep warranty, just installed properly, no dodgy stuff

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so f**king temperamental.

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #5 on: Nov 13, 2005, 07:43PM »
You'll be surprised stick. JB Hifi tried to dick there way out of a warrenty claiming it wasnt installed by a professional. And by professional all you need is an abn to cover you. Ask around and apparently thats the way it goes but im sure its probably a little bit different and also you being in the game would know the ins and outs more than i would at this point in time so thats my understanding of it.

Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline Sticky

• Bad Luck Magnet
  • qld local moderator
  • post whore
« Reply #6 on: Nov 13, 2005, 11:01PM »
i know where you are coming from Kranzy, but personally,i think its just laziness on the staff's behalf, as in too lazy to organise a DOA, or Repair for the product.  If i inspect a product that is faulty, and isnt installed by a tech, ill ask to see how it was installed, what it was run off etc, and if the install is good, ill warrant it, no questions asked, but if it is a dodgy install, ill still try to help the customer, but will leave it to the service dept. of the product brand

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so f**king temperamental.

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan