Author Topic: US Audio  (Read 1583 times)

Offline Fusion U12

• antrx.com full member
US Audio
« on: May 23, 2006, 07:20PM »
Ive had my us audio 15 inch 500 rms 1000watt max sub for a while now......a great sub (its a genuine us audio)

But ive had alot of people that are skeptical about there quality.....i know there not a common brand but i'd have to argue i believe there up there with rockford fosgate and such...i know im only going on there sub but i'd say this would go for all there components...anyone else have any US Audio stuff on the forum? wether it be subs or speakers....i'd like to know what use think and wether you've had any problems

Offline Sticky

• Bad Luck Magnet
  • qld local moderator
  • post whore
Re: US Audio
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 08:45PM »
depends on the era, i know the old us audio gear was pretty good, but ive heard a lot about the quality of the new stuff, being rather unreliable and poorly made

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so f**king temperamental.

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 09:09PM »
sounds like jensen.
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 11:11PM »
US Audio amps are notorious for engine noise, but other than that I haven't had any experience nor heard anything for/against them.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline STU84W

• antrx.com junkie
  • Sifu
« Reply #4 on: Jun 1, 2006, 05:23PM »
i've got a 2 channel amp of the older series of US audio amps, with a 12" US audio sub, and its very reliable, has good features, and is very punchy.  this is when US audio was made in the US, and you know, because they're predominantly purple.

the autobarn us audio series (which is blue and silver) is made in china, and unfortunately, is of a lower build quality.  i hope your 15" is of the older series 
Project Siltara has been chipped, nismofied and getting exhausted