Author Topic: overusing amp??  (Read 5922 times)

Offline omad

• antrx.com senior member
  • that's MR. Monkey to you...
Re: overusing amp??
« Reply #30 on: Feb 21, 2006, 11:20PM »
meh im with josh here, i don't think sony stuff is at all crap, most people have  branded it shit because of the budget stuff u can buy at supercheap auto, but im sure if u spend ur money, u'll get what it's worth...Sony has been around the market for ages, i don't think they'd make crap  :-\

Sony is cheap stuff sold at supercheap ;)

Sony also don't make their own car audio gear, they pay someone else to do it and slap their name on it. Their home theatre etc is awesome, but car audio is something I'd never recommend. It's up to you to make your own mind up, but they are cheap for a reason, and the only people that I know supporting sony products are sony fanboys or people that haven't heard anything better. I wouldn't not listen to someone's car on principle that it's sony, but I definitely wouldn't be putting any of it in my car again. (used to have 2 Xplod subs)

Sony were actually seriously considering dropping the whole car audio line because of the bad rep it was giving it's name, which was otherwise untainted and highly regarded in electronics.
Got Grip?

VR4 Action.

Offline Sticky

• Bad Luck Magnet
  • qld local moderator
  • post whore
« Reply #31 on: Feb 22, 2006, 09:48PM »
im not talking about the old shit here, because i completely agree that the older stuff sucked royal ass, the new stuff, which i will defend, is easily better than any product pioneer, kenwood, clarion and any other middle range brand can bring out, it is priced quite well, and performs as good as any brand on the market, http://www.sony.com.au/xplod/catalog/product.jsp;jsessionid=LBBKVIDK55RAACWSCFBCFEQK0IIUGIV0?categoryId=22002 you wont find these sony amps at supercheap auto.
Sony is cheap stuff sold at supercheap ;)

Sony also don't make their own car audio gear, they pay someone else to do it and slap their name on it.

Sony were actually seriously considering dropping the whole car audio line because of the bad rep it was giving it's name, which was otherwise untainted and highly regarded in electronics.

id like to see some proof about that!  ::)

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so f**king temperamental.

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #32 on: Feb 22, 2006, 10:12PM »
Now look at what you've done omad, you've got him started :P
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline omad

• antrx.com senior member
  • that's MR. Monkey to you...
« Reply #33 on: Feb 23, 2006, 09:04AM »
I'd put pioneer in my car before I touched sony. But having Eclipse, Alpine, Rockford and other good brands, I just don't see the point in going any where near it.

I've also seen more Pioneer, Kenwood and definitely Clarion (though I'm not a big fan of Clarion, they do make some seriously high end shit) in top class auto show/audio cars than I've seen... well... pretty much any sony product at all. Even the guys at audiocom and the like that I've spoken to that sell sony car audio tell you that they're not that great and cheap for a reason and you'd get more out of another brand.

Obviously I'm not going to convince you and vice versa, but I know I'll never recommend sony car audio to anyone and point them in the direction of a better quality product, even if it's a lower model in a better quality brand.

Jono: yeah, opinions are a bitch, ay? :P
Got Grip?

VR4 Action.

Offline Sticky

• Bad Luck Magnet
  • qld local moderator
  • post whore
« Reply #34 on: Feb 23, 2006, 08:17PM »
thats cool mate, i understand where you are coming from, i see it once a week!!

but id still like proof about the aformentioned topics

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so f**king temperamental.

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan

Offline monts

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #35 on: Apr 5, 2006, 08:30PM »
i think what ur refering to is runniong ur amp in tri mode. It can be acceptable as long as ur amp is capable of running like this.

You will however need a cross over before ur sub.