Author Topic: Hiya  (Read 1743 times)

Offline KJ

• antrx.com pre-pewbie newbie
Hiya
« on: Jan 13, 2008, 12:28PM »
Hi, Just joined to look for some specific info for my son. I did place a for sale in the Classified section but it has been deleted. What did I do lol?
Anyhow, bought what we thought was a Skyline, which turned out to be a Pintara.  my son bought a new R30 engine which doesn't fit! (hence we found out it was a Pintara). How may I advertise the engine for sale?
Many Thanks Karen

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
Re: Hiya
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2008, 02:40PM »
It would have been deleted because you need to meet a minimum amount of posts before you can sell on the forums. Its not a lot, just enough so you dont sign up just to sell your items. Hang around the forums, make a few informative posts and then put it up for sale again.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline imaspy

• Captain Chaos
  • vic local moderator
  • post whore
  • DUN, DUN, DUUUUUUHHHN!!!!
    • A collection of some of my photography
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2008, 04:41PM »
hi karen. if you look on the classifieds board, you will find two prominent sticky threads:

**** ATTENTION: BEFORE STARTING A THREAD... READ THIS *****

and

terms and conditions of the for sale section

both of these detail the requirements for posting a for sale thread. basically you need to establish a post count before you can. your first post was a for sale, which is why it was deleted. so give 'em a quick read.

otherwise welcome to the site! good luck with the engine conundrum. you will find plenty of people willing to offer some advice about the best course of action, should you need it :)
You have friend, I have friend. My friend go to your house, put bomb under your floor and blow you to fucking sky!

Offline KJ

• antrx.com pre-pewbie newbie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2008, 06:28PM »
Hi both,

Thanks for that. I did get around to reading the requirements for posting in classifieds. Not sure if I can post an 'informative' topic however. More of a motor bike girl myself! But thanks for the info, and yes, I'm sure I'll hang around just to pickup tips and maybe share my teenagers experiences.
 Unfortunately, the Skyline engine didn't fit into the Pintara. I have thought about legal action because the car was bought under the understanding that it was a Skyline, which it wasn't. So now we have 4 days of mucking around (engine out- engine back in!). Bloody frustrating as you can imagine..... >:(

Offline FuzzyDropbear

• antrx.com senior member
  • L26 Boost Junkie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2008, 09:45PM »
Hi Karen,

Welcome to the forums. Have you also joined the R31 club? You could try selling the RB30 on there, someone may be looking for an engine, you never know.
Datsun boys, we like 'em fast, so we drop 'em low, heavy on the gas!