Author Topic: newb Syd '90 Corsair GL owner  (Read 1538 times)

Offline incognito

• antrx.com pre-pewbie newbie
newb Syd '90 Corsair GL owner
« on: Aug 18, 2007, 11:40AM »
Hi all!

Was recently lucky to receive the above car to get me backwards and forwards to work etc. Judging by the look of my car I initially thought 'shitbox' (paint, dents etc) - however she seems to run pretty nicely considering. I'm a mechanically minded person (who ended up working as an IT pleb) but don't have a lot of knowledge about cars - so wow, talk about information overload when I found this site.

Have had a few mechanical problems with her (catcon caved in, had whole exhaust system replaced by my mechanic - I've probably been ripped but I had no other option at the time) and a few electrical problems (couple of hour long drives to work through the rain where everything but the front lights died - was fun!) but all of that seems to have been rectified with a new regulator etc.

Either way, just wanted to drop in and say a quick thanks for the knowledge base you guys have going here.

Will probably be making a post in the next couple of days asking a few retardo questions for various things I can't find with the search feature (people need relevant subjects!!).

Time to go electricute myself putting in a new CD player - could have had it installed, but I like getting my hands messy.

- Ryan

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
Re: newb Syd '90 Corsair GL owner
« Reply #1 on: Aug 19, 2007, 11:25PM »
welcome to the forums buddy.

where abouts in sydney you from ?
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...